GOT Season Six | Page 45 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
Nah, you're worse.

In my last post, I literally said "I'm not even a Sansa fan," and somehow you misconstrued that into me championing her.

What's wrong with Sansa? You blame her for being 12 when she was 12?

Reaction Score
What's wrong with Sansa? You blame her for being 12 when she was 12?
I don't have a problem with her. I'm just not as big a fan of her as I am some of the other characters.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with her. I'm just not as big a fan of her as I am some of the other characters.

So let's boil this down to its essence.
You for all intents and purposes agree that Sansa sucks, but are too good a guy to say it , and you find my posts about it to be too frequent, boorish and obsessive.

I can live with that, since it puts you in the " meh Sansa " club .

My work is done.

See ? Another person with sense.

Reaction Score
So let's boil this down to its essence.
You for all intents and purposes agree that Sansa sucks, but are too good a guy to say it , and you find my posts about it to be too frequent, boorish and obsessive.

I can live with that, since it puts you in the " meh Sansa " club .

My work is done.

See ? Another person with sense.

I look forward to Sansa proving instrumental to uniting Westeros, eliminating Littlefinger and outlasting all of your favorite characters. When she stands, alone, you all will be her biggest fans by default.

There can be only one.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Problem with Sansa is the lousy acting. I suppose you could blame the terrible writing for her character or her role as perpetual doormat victim. Writing a letter to Littlefinger doesn't redeem a 5 year impersonation of a dish towel.

Not sure why it's worth debating.

Reaction Score
Problem with Sansa is the lousy acting. I suppose you could blame the terrible writing for her character or her role as perpetual doormat victim. Writing a letter to Littlefinger doesn't redeem a 5 year impersonation of a dish towel.

I just don't like to see a good person like Sansa calumniated by the likes of August and 990411.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I have a problem with the way the Night King actor is portraying the character. Completely one dimensional.

Reaction Score
Question: If Arya left the faceless men, how did she get a face/mask to use? I thought when you used a face you had to return to to the hall?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Question: If Arya left the faceless men, how did she get a face/mask to use? I thought when you used a face you had to return to to the hall?

Does she know how to 'make' them? Would require her killing a bunch of random folks though.

Reaction Score
I read up a little more on the Arya face thing and I'm guessing now that she doesn't need the Hall of Faces....since she knows how to "make" the faces. So I'm assuming she killed the girl and took her face.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How about a nice game of chess?
I was thinking about GoT in terms of chess (mostly because I'm a dork)... We are 3/4 through the match, at this point, there's only a limited set of realistic outcomes. Someone I know mentioned that the finale was a little predictable... Well, yeah... We are running out of time so there are only so many scenarios left that still make sense!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was thinking about GoT in terms of chess (mostly because I'm a dork)... We are 3/4 through the match, at this point, there's only a limited set of realistic outcomes. Someone I know mentioned that the finale was a little predictable... Well, yeah... We are running out of time so there are only so many scenarios left that still make sense!

It wasnt THAT predictable. I doubt anyone saw ,Margery, Mace, Kevan, Loras, and the High Sparrow all done in one fell swoop.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It wasnt THAT predictable. I doubt anyone saw ,Margery, Mace, Kevan, Loras, and the High Sparrow all done in one fell swoop.
She was probably referencing R+L=J, but yeah. I think she was being a little harsh.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Indeed. Not many players left in the game.
  • Lannister. Cersei, having seized the throne, with no real validity to her claim or support of the masses, cannot last. Her army is ok, but was barely sufficient with the Tyrells supporting it, and now they oppose her along with Dorne. The player facing opposition from all others isn't likely to prevail.
  • Greyjoy. Euron has no army, no ships and a plan that has already been usurped by Yara. Good luck with that. Maybe if he had Pod's cock.
  • Stark. Starks have Winterfell, and the North in their corner. Winter has arrived. No southern army can even consider marching on them. Their risk comes from beyond the wall. Bran more or less has super powers and is headed home. Boltons are dead. Edmure Tully may be freed to retake Riverrun, providing even a further set of allies to the Starks in a strategic location. They have a master assassin on their side.
  • Littlefinger has plans, and de-facto control over the Vale, but one wonders whether Robyn (the psycho) will follow his advice if it is opposed to the interests of his cousins the Starks. A savvy player with very few pieces on the board.
  • Targaerian. Dany is on the move. Big army, lots of ships, three grown dragons. Tyrion at her side for sage counsel, and Varys handling her foreign affairs. She would seem to be unstoppable, but it is likely that even she can't take the North in winter...not with Dothraki soldiers.
I can see only two sides prevailing, and I continue to think Dany and the Starks will split Westeros, North and South, and collaborate against the real enemy north of the wall.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

No, but on this board we postulated that Cersei would use the green fire to get out of her predicament and wipe out the Sparrows. She did.
We expected Arya to kill Frey, she did.
We expected Jon's parentage to be revealed to Bran, it was.
We expected Dany to finally set sail, and she did.
We predicted that Varys would be in Dorne lining them up as allies, he was.

The only surprises:
Queen of Thorns also in Dorne
Green fire wiping out Margaery and the rest of the Tyrells except the QOT
Tommen offing himself (although we all said he'd die soon)
Jon would be King in the North (though not unexpected)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Indeed. Not many players left in the game.
  • Lannister. Cersei, having seized the throne, with no real validity to her claim or support of the masses, cannot last. Her army is ok, but was barely sufficient with the Tyrells supporting it, and now they oppose her along with Dorne. The player facing opposition from all others isn't likely to prevail.
  • Greyjoy. Euron has no army, no ships and a plan that has already been usurped by Yara. Good luck with that. Maybe if he had Pod's cock.
  • Stark. Starks have Winterfell, and the North in their corner. Winter has arrived. No southern army can even consider marching on them. Their risk comes from beyond the wall. Bran more or less has super powers and is headed home. Boltons are dead. Edmure Tully may be freed to retake Riverrun, providing even a further set of allies to the Starks in a strategic location. They have a master assassin on their side.
  • Littlefinger has plans, and de-facto control over the Vale, but one wonders whether Robyn (the psycho) will follow his advice if it is opposed to the interests of his cousins the Starks. A savvy player with very few pieces on the board.
  • Targaerian. Dany is on the move. Big army, lots of ships, three grown dragons. Tyrion at her side for sage counsel, and Varys handling her foreign affairs. She would seem to be unstoppable, but it is likely that even she can't take the North in winter...not with Dothraki soldiers.
I can see only two sides prevailing, and I continue to think Dany and the Starks will split Westeros, North and South, and collaborate against the real enemy north of the wall.
Pretty much this.

Reaction Score
No, but on this board we postulated that Cersei would use the green fire to get out of her predicament and wipe out the Sparrows. She did.

The only surprises:

This isn't Mad Men or the Sopranos. It's a single story told in serial formation and there's only one real outcome possible (bad ice creatures lose), with little variations on how we get there.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

The only surprises:

John's parentage was not revealed, just his mother. Signs point to him being a Baratheon.

Reaction Score
Interesting summary of the season finale in yesterday's N.Y post on page 3. Because it appeared in yesterday's paper, it had to have been written before the show aired on Sunday night to meet the paper's print deadline. The columnist wrote that Cersei ascends to the Iron Throne while a jealous Jamie looks on. Here I differ with the columnist. As implied in my previous post, Jamie is looking on in contempt & disdain, NOT jealousy. This is a very important difference. As others have stated, Jamie killed the Mad King when he decreed that the entire populace be destroyed by wildfire. Cersei, with her actions, has betrayed the trust of her subjects & revealed herself as a tyrant. This action, which Jamie would never have approved of had he been present & would have counselled against, could be the trigger that causes a schism between the twins. With the winds of war on the horizon, (obvious with the approach of the Night King, not yet apparent to the Lannisters of Dani's approach) I think that Jamie will weigh his options. He will ride North with the Red Army, ostensibly to aid in the defense against the zombie invaders, but really to distance himself from Cersei's tyranny. After the battle against the White Walkers is won, he will ally with the Starks in the war against King's Landing.
An additional factor that leads to this conclusion is that it was Jamie who aided Tyrion in his escape after Tyrion assassinated Tywin. The brothers have a bond that Cersei never shared. Cersei has always despised Tryion & wants him slaughtered for his part in the assassination of Jeoffrey. Jamie, while decrying the loss of his eldest son, was tempered by the fact that Jeoffrey had Ned Stark slain, who Jamie admired for his honesty & courage.
Maybe I'm giving Jamie too much credit, but there is a sense of reason that he displays (e.g allowing Brienne & her squire to escape from River Run) that would NEVER be exhibited by the ruthless Cersei.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
John's parentage was not revealed, just his mother. Signs point to him being a Baratheon.

What? Given the fade from the baby to Jon, we know the baby is Jon. Lyanna is his mother. So you think she got pregnant by Robert, who she left before marrying him, and not by the guy she left with? She says "If Robert finds out, he'll kill him". Robert isn't going to kill his own offspring by Lyanna, the woman he loves. He would kill any Targaerian. Some theories.

Oh, and apparently Sean Bean confirmed that Ned wasn't Jon's father ages ago. The guy is seriously funny by the way.

AxeApollo 4024 points 1 year ago
Why did you not teach Jon Snow anything?

RealSeanBean[S] 5235 points 1 year ago
HAHAHAHAH!

Because he's not mine!

RealSeanBean[S] 5424 points 1 year ago
Little bastard!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members