GOT Season Six | Page 46 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This isn't Mad Men or the Sopranos. It's a single story told in serial formation and there's only one real outcome possible (bad ice creatures lose), with little variations on how we get there.

We don't know what the White Walkers' motivations are, which is a big remaining plot hole that will be addressed eventually.

Cersei would be such a total pariah for what she did, not just with the Tyrell's and other nobility, but with the commoners too. I assume the show will address that in the first few episodes next season. I actually think it would be interesting to see the desperation of Cersei in her last days, similar to the movie Downfall (the one with the Hitler vide0). She is finished, and those around her will know it.

I think Martin said one time that Tyrion, Dany and Jon were were going to survive, but I assume that has changed or he wouldn't have told us that. I think Dany and Jon don't make it, dying fighting the White Walkers. I think it would be cool if somehow turned out that Sansa was only pretending to be an idiot, and was really a prodigy that started the whole ball rolling.

Reaction Score
We don't know what the White Walkers' motivations are, which is a big remaining plot hole that will be addressed eventually.

Cersei would be such a total pariah for what she did, not just with the Tyrell's and other nobility, but with the commoners too. I assume the show will address that in the first few episodes next season. I actually think it would be interesting to see the desperation of Cersei in her last days, similar to the movie Downfall (the one with the Hitler vide0). She is finished, and those around her will know it.

I think Martin said one time that Tyrion, Dany and Jon were were going to survive, but I assume that has changed or he wouldn't have told us that. I think Dany and Jon don't make it, dying fighting the White Walkers. I think it would be cool if somehow turned out that Sansa was only pretending to be an idiot, and was really a prodigy that started the whole ball rolling.

I couldn't script a better ending at this point than Sansa standing alone at the end. That would give me so much joy I wouldn't know how to celebrate in August's angry and bitter face.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I couldn't script a better ending at this point than Sansa standing alone at the end. That would give me so much joy I wouldn't know how to celebrate in August's angry and bitter face.

She'll be eating a turkey sandwich, with Ketchup.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
By the way, kudos to whoever wrote the score for the finale, particularly the first 20 minutes.
reminded me of the score from the first season of the leftovers

I think it would be cool if somehow turned out that Sansa was only pretending to be an idiot, and was really a prodigy that started the whole ball rolling.
britney-laugh-radio-gic7ev.gif

Reaction Score

That's not at all an implausible ending. Sansa is what is left of royalty, Tyrion is the only remaining person competent to be hand, they reconcile their marraige (remember that Sansa didn't hate him -- just didn't want to be married to him) and the Kingdom goes on happily. Plus the reunion of Sansa and the Imp gets rid of the need for the North to Nexit.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
What? Given the fade from the baby to Jon, we know the baby is Jon. Lyanna is his mother. So you think she got pregnant by Robert, who she left before marrying him, and not by the guy she left with? She says "If Robert finds out, he'll kill him". Robert isn't going to kill his own offspring by Lyanna, the woman he loves. He would kill any Targaerian. Some theories.

Oh, and apparently Sean Bean confirmed that Ned wasn't Jon's father ages ago. The guy is seriously funny by the way.

AxeApollo 4024 points 1 year ago
Why did you not teach Jon Snow anything?

RealSeanBean[S] 5235 points 1 year ago
HAHAHAHAH!

Because he's not mine!

RealSeanBean[S] 5424 points 1 year ago
Little bastard!

I just think that it was intentional that we don't know...Also, in the first season there was a lot of talk that Baratheon's are dark-haired, and low and behold so is Jon, while the Targaryen's are light haired (more in a second) as far as we know. Also, wasn't Melisandra trying to get a Baratheon on the throne...and then ends up bringing Jon back...can't he be the Baratheon she was looking for? While I think Lyanna thinks the baby is Rhaegar's she is probably wrong, which is why we don't hear the conversation...plus, under my theory, R+L still = J. With a twist.

If we are looking for bastard Targaryen I suspect that it is Tyrion. His father hated him and said a few times that he gets the family money because he cant prove he is not a Lannister (but he us a dwarf, and the Targaryens did inbreed, producing some bad outcomes like the Mad King). Plus, he is light-haired and instinctively managed the dragons.

Reaction Score
Interesting note. I was wondering why Sansa isn't still technically married to Tyrion. It's because they never consummated their marriage. I guess that's why they have that "bedding" ceremony where they whisk them off to the honeymoon suite.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just think that it was intentional that we don't know...Also, in the first season there was a lot of talk that Baratheon's are dark-haired, and low and behold so is Jon, while the Targaryen's are light haired (more in a second) as far as we know. Also, wasn't Melisandra trying to get a Baratheon on the throne...and then ends up bringing Jon back...can't he be the Baratheon she was looking for? While I think Lyanna thinks the baby is Rhaegar's she is probably wrong, which is why we don't hear the conversation...plus, under my theory, R+L still = J. With a twist.

Problem with that is that it doesn't make any sense. Why would Robert not want to raise his own son, even if his promised bride did die in childbirth? Just because she ran away? Ned was friends with Robert, why would he secretly keep Robert's own son away from him? What am I missing?

Starks are also dark haired, so that doesn't mean much. The Baratheon dark haired thing was meant for the blonde Lannister kids more than anything.

I'm not opposed to the theory of Tyrion being a Targ though. Again, I don't think his hair has anything to do with it, as Lannisters also have a lot of light colored hair.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Problem with that is that it doesn't make any sense. Why would Robert not want to raise his own son, even if his promised bride did die in childbirth? Just because she ran away? Ned was friends with Robert, why would he secretly keep Robert's own son away from him? What am I missing?

Starks are also dark haired, so that doesn't mean much. The Baratheon dark haired thing was meant for the blonde Lannister kids more than anything.

I'm not opposed to the theory of Tyrion being a Targ though. Again, I don't think his hair has anything to do with it, as Lannisters also have a lot of light colored hair.

I don't think Robert knew and I don't think Lyanna knew either (thus she told Ned something - probably that Rhager is the father - but we the audience don't hear it...

Also...I'm not married to this, I just think there is a reason we didn't hear the conversation with Ned. But it could be for another reason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think Robert knew and I don't think Lyanna knew either (thus she told Ned something - probably that Rhager is the father - but we the audience don't hear it...

Also...I'm not married to this, I just think there is a reason we didn't hear the conversation with Ned. But it could be for another reason.

Lyanna was with Rheager before the rebellion began. The rebellion lasted almost a year. I guess anything is possible on GOT, so Jon being a Baratheon isn't as crazy as it sounds, but I still think it's unlikely.

Reaction Score
Dany left Dario behind because she might need to marry in Westeros as part of an alliance. Who is left for her to marry?

Dorne and the Reach are ruled by women, and are already allied with Dany.
I don't see Jamie and Dany getting married. Same with Littlefinger.
Jon is probably Dany's nephew, but the Targaryen's used to marry their children in order to keep bloodlines pure. I don't think the show runners would do that to us though.
On the other hand, if Jon is a Baratheon then Jon + Dany makes sense.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Not a comment against you, but it would seem to be pretty bad writing if he were a Baratheon. There is something to that 'not hearing what they said' thing though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dany left Dario behind because she might need to marry in Westeros as part of an alliance. Who is left for her to marry?

Dorne and the Reach are ruled by women, and are already allied with Dany.
I don't see Jamie and Dany getting married. Same with Littlefinger.
Jon is probably Dany's nephew, but the Targaryen's used to marry their children in order to keep bloodlines pure. I don't think the show runners would do that to us though.
On the other hand, if Jon is a Baratheon then Jon + Dany makes sense.

Robin Arryn for the win!! Gotta lock up the Knights of the Vale.

Can't get enough of that kid.

August_West

Reaction Score

If we are looking for bastard Targaryen I suspect that it is Tyrion. His father hated him and said a few times that he gets the family money because he cant prove he is not a Lannister (but he us a dwarf, and the Targaryens did inbreed, producing some bad outcomes like the Mad King). Plus, he is light-haired and instinctively managed the dragons.

Rumor floating around is maybe the mad king himself is father.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rumor floating around is maybe the mad king himself is father.

I don't think there is much more digging to do on R + L = J. I think we are at the bottom of the issue.

Old Town seems to have more mystery than anywhere else. I can't find the link, but it appears the chandelier in the Old Town library is in the opening credits of Game of Thrones. I don't know what it means, but I always wondered what was going on in the opening credits other than just cool music.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't think there is much more digging to do on R + L = J. I think we are at the bottom of the issue.

Old Town seems to have more mystery than anywhere else. I can't find the link, but it appears the chandelier in the Old Town library is in the opening credits of Game of Thrones. I don't know what it means, but I always wondered what was going on in the opening credits other than just cool music.
probably, but they did (as someone mentioned above) go to some effort to obfuscate the entire conversation between Ned and Lyanna.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
probably, but they did (as someone mentioned above) go to some effort to obfuscate the entire conversation between Ned and Lyanna.

I just think that is so that the ultimate reveal we all expect can come in a different time and place. Maybe when Jon meets Dany and the Dragons...who knows? I don't think it changes the reality of what will be revealed.

Reaction Score
Robin Arryn for the win!! Gotta lock up the Knights of the Vale.

Can't get enough of that kid.
Yup..Robin marries Dany and throws her through the moon door but a dragon catches her before she hits the ground. Dragons then burn the Vale. Great scenes coming!

Don't really believe that but it would be fun.

Reaction Score
I am sure they do a lot to get sites like BY Entertainment to talk about GOT. This is not the first thread about Jon's parentage. Sort of like a sports writer bashing something just to get hits on his blog.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Only book readers and Internet gossips are fully aware of Jon's potential lineage. The whisper was to leave the TV people guessing a little longer as if that were possible in this day and age.

There is a small chance that everyone thinks Jon is a Targ, but turns out to be a Baratheon mainly based on the dark hair thing. It's sort of irrelevant to which royal line he actually belongs. He's not Ned'a bastard any longer in terms of parentage and his destiny is clearly tied to that of Westeros. That's all that really matters. He can marry, rule the north, rule the seven kingdoms, kill the night king or die trying. Who his father is, doesn't really change the story very much.

What is littlefinger up to and what happens after the Lannisters are driven from Kings Landing are the real questions.

We know the Night King will head south and some group led by Jon and Bran will face him. My guess is Sam provides some key information derived from the Citadel library.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom