Gibbs Announcing He Will Transfer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Gibbs Announcing He Will Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even @HuskyNan is excited about this possibility...

giphy.gif

caw

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of salt....heard uconn leads and the ND stuff is just talk..... but Heard new schools are starting to get involved like zona ku osu and possible ucla or ducks are starting to call.
UCLA? That makes very little sense to me. Don't they have a returning backcourt and two top 50 guards coming in?

Ditto on KU, don't they have two PGs returning and two SGs?

Reaction Score
If we get Gibbs, then he's automatically our starting PG.

1st unit: Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey/Miller, Brimah
2nd unit: Adams/Samuel, Cassel, Calhoun, Miller/Facey, Enoch/Nolan

I love that depth. 12 deep. Top-2 AAC team with this team.

Miller + Gibbs + Adams + Enoch > Boatright.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score

2nd unit: Adams, Samuel, Cassel, Miller/Facey, Enoch/Nolan

I love that depth. Top-2 AAC team with this team.

Err Calhoun?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
And since he came back to play at Seton Hall, I would assume he wanted to play close to home in NJ. Now, out of those schools mentioned, UConn is the closest by a wide margin. His parents could watch him play games in his final season at UConn. It just seems to make alot of sense for Gibbs to come here.

Reaction Score

2nd unit: Adams, Samuel, Cassel, Miller/Facey, Enoch/Nolan

I love that depth. Top-2 AAC team with this team.

You forgot Calhoun and that would make 12 players.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm confident that we'll land him.

That being said, if we don't, I'll really start to be concerned with our staff's ability to close. He probably wouldn't even be transferring if he hadn't visited UConn with his brother.

Reaction Score
The main reason to transfer is to make a tourney run and to make sure you will get playing time.
In this regard, Kromah is the gift that keeps giving. Ollie just has to point out how well things turned out for him
when he committed to UConn.

BINGO. From what I've heard, we are the favorite + ND and OSU are in the mix. Gibbs would absolutely have the best shot of winning a title with us next year. First of all, I'm pretty sure Demetrius Jackson has the PG position locked up at ND next year. OSU, sorry but no. They're not a title contender even with Gibbs. We are. We are the logical choice and give him the best chance at a tournament run.

Reaction Score
I'm confident that we'll land him.

That being said, if we don't, I'll really start to be concerned with our staff's ability to close. He probably wouldn't even be transferring if he hadn't visited UConn with his brother.
When are you going to cut them a break. They closed on miller which was a huge pick up and we have a top 30 and top 50 recruit

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
When are you going to cut them a break. They closed on miller which was a huge pick up and we have a top 30 and top 50 recruit
I've never jumped in the argument about KO's ability to recruit, so I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded part.
And this assertion is based on what?
The rumor has it that he first said he wasn't transferring, then came with his brother Temple Gibbs on his visit to UConn, then transferring became a possibility in his mind again. Obviously there's not way to prove it, but the person who surmised this also had some insight about Gibbs transferring before his announcement.

Side Note: Demetrius Jackson (ND), Devonte Graham (Kansas), and Gabe York (Arizona) should all command major minutes this year. Think that bodes well for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

2nd unit: Adams/Samuel, Cassel, Calhoun, Miller/Facey, Enoch/Nolan

I love that depth. 12 deep. Top-2 AAC team with this team.

I was just thinking about the potential affects on Jalen Adams if we get Gibbs. I'm not saying a freshman is entitled to starting but he is a top 30 recruit. I'd just be worried if Jalen doesn't get the minutes he needs to develop. That being said, I'd love to see a Gibbs/Adams backcourt with Purv/DHam in there when we want to play small ball. Best case scenario with Gibba (other than winning) is that Adams develops under him like Shabazz did with Kemba in 2011.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I was just thinking about the potential affects on Jalen Adams if we get Gibbs. I'm not saying a freshman is entitled to starting but he is a top 30 recruit. I'd just be worried if Jalen doesn't get the minutes he needs to develop. That being said, I'd love to see a Gibbs/Adams backcourt with Purv/DHam in there when we want to play small ball. Best case scenario with Gibba (other than winning) is that Adams develops under him like Shabazz did with Kemba in 2011.

I think Jalen's got his head on straight. From what I understand the most important decision driver for him was proximity to home, so I don't think he would reopen his recruitment and head off to UCLA overnight. And its not like he wouldn't see around 20 mpg even with Gibbs in pocket.

Reaction Score
I think if we were to land Gibbs, your best case scenario is very likely. Adams, like @OkaForPrez mentions, seems to be all in on the team concept.

I think he'll be fine with being the 6th man, as that will probably get him close to 25 minutes a game, similar to what Kemba & Shabazz had their freshman years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom