GDL and offensive line | Page 5 | The Boneyard

GDL and offensive line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I seriously doubt that happened an that's on the captains. I seriously doubt our seniors. Wirth and moore would allow that

I was there. There absolutely was a difference in energy on the sidelines before and during the game.

Serious question though.........do you have some kind of personal connection to P or GDL or some other member on the staff? I only ask because you get very defensive with the coaching staff but seem to have no problem whatsoever throwing the players under the bus.

Reaction Score
"I love Paul Pasqualoni. He's a great coach, and a better friend. We have biweekly clambakes throughout the summer, every summer, just the two of us. We go in together on every gift we ever purchase. I have donated Paul Pasqualoni both of my kidneys, multiple times, and he is the mother of two of my children. But Paul Pasqualoni should be shot in the face, and left in a shallow, seaside grave, and my sources agree." -- Stephen A Smith

Reaction Score
Your facts are BS, at best. So you can shove your smug you know where.

The rankings are put together by losers with high blood pressure who aren't skilled enough to work for actual football programs.

Nobody ever gave a crap about rankings here ever before. Now that they actually support your lame argument, they do matter. That's so Waylonesque.

Look. You love Pasqualoni, admit it. And even if your rankings mattered (they don't), it didn't affect the players on the field the last two seasons.

He's been an unmitigated failure and an embarrassment, and you're his biggest advocate here.

Smug? One man's opinion (on both sides).

Speaking of high blood pressure... what's yours??

Reaction Score
He's been an unmitigated failure and an embarrassment, and you're his biggest advocate here.

Very much an over the top and asinine thing to write. P has had some good wins here and his QB recruiting blows the doors off of the man who preceded him. He is also a good man and by all reports the players like him.

Reaction Score
Smug? One man's opinion (on both sides).

Speaking of high blood pressure... what's yours??

It's ideal. That's what happens when you're not fat, and you don't make fun of people who ride bikes and work out.

Reaction Score
Very much an over the top and asinine thing to write. P has had some good wins here and his QB recruiting blows the doors off of the man who preceded him. He is also a good man and by all reports the players like him.

Sweet, maybe he can guide his program to a bowl game.

Reaction Score
I was there. There absolutely was a difference in energy on the sidelines before and during the game.

Serious question though.........do you have some kind of personal connection to P or GDL or some other member on the staff? I only ask because you get very defensive with the coaching staff but seem to have no problem whatsoever throwing the players under the bus.
I actually was sticking up for our players by someone else denying our team lacked enthusiasm for a game. Coming off a big win at Louisville and last game at home I don't believe until I see it that they looked a deflated as being described. Just because I don't fall for all the fire the coach propaganda doesn't mean I'm related to him.
I would swear pasqualoni was caught sleeping with some people's moms with all the hatred on here

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would swear pasqualoni was caught sleeping with some people's moms with all the hatred on here

If only. He's killing the program right before our eyes and you seem to be good with that.

Reaction Score
If only. He's killing the program right before our eyes and you seem to be good with that.

Well he's not killing the program on May 6, and Warde isn't going to suddenly change his mind and fire him now because of the 2012 season, knowing that why doesn't anti P crowd hold their fire until our first loss in 2013. If we lose to Towson I will be right there with you.

Reaction Score
Well he's not killing the program on May 6, and Warde isn't going to suddenly change his mind and fire him now because of the 2012 season, knowing that why doesn't anti P crowd hold their fire until our first loss in 2013. If we lose to Towson I will be right there with you.

My speculation is that the people who truly hate Pasqualoni basically feel like we, as "apologists," have allowed this program to be destroyed because we didn't call for Pasqualoni's head hard enough, didn't complain to the AD enough, etc. So we're essentially enablers who are partially to blame for this mess.

I've tried to explain that I think, while Pasqualoni hasn't been great, he hasn't been firably bad, but that gets twisted into, "What, are you related to them?"

In reality, we have no control and we simply accept that he's coming back and don't want to spend the entire offseason complaining about things we can't control, but this is the Internet. People can't just agree to disagree.

duty_calls.png

Reaction Score
My speculation is that the people who truly hate Pasqualoni basically feel like we, as "apologists," have allowed this program to be destroyed because we didn't call for Pasqualoni's head hard enough, didn't complain to the AD enough, etc. So we're essentially enablers who are partially to blame for this mess.

I've tried to explain that I think, while Pasqualoni hasn't been great, he hasn't been firably bad, but that gets twisted into, "What, are you related to them?"

In reality, we have no control and we simply accept that he's coming back and don't want to spend the entire offseason complaining about things we can't control, but this is the Internet. People can't just agree to disagree.

duty_calls.png

Good post. At the end of 2012 I wanted P gone but took the stance that another year was tolerable as long as we had a new offensive coordinator, So I am satisfied with the addition of Weist. I can only assume that people who like to post hateful things in May on a beautiful day are just not happy people in general.

Reaction Score
Good post. At the end of 2012 I wanted P gone but took the stance that another year was tolerable as long as we had a new offensive coordinator, So I am satisfied with the addition of Weist. I can only assume that people who like to post hateful things in May on a beautiful day are just not happy people in general.

When this place became unbearable last year I took a hiatus and it was well needed. I'm close again. I would highly recommend it if this is the way you feel. Because you guys are posting hateful things in response to what you deem hateful posts. It's like the thread sdhusky started last month.....whining about people whining.

Reaction Score
I actually was sticking up for our players by someone else denying our team lacked enthusiasm for a game. Coming off a big win at Louisville and last game at home I don't believe until I see it that they looked a deflated as being described. Just because I don't fall for all the fire the coach propaganda doesn't mean I'm related to him.

Well, if you actually watched the game, you would have sworn that it was Cincy that was playing for the bowl.

The enthusiasm and passion starts at the top.

Reaction Score
Two losing seasons in a row. Took the better part of two seasons to win two games in a row. Dropped a bunch of close games on bad coaching decisions.

Our power running game, which was once money in the bank and one of the few signature characteristics of the program has been obliterated in favor of a mediocre passing attack.

Most programs regret not firing coaches sooner. Warde had his chance to get ahead of the curve. This season is partially on him because he chose to not fire him after two seasons of red flags that have appeared to be merely a continuation of the tail end of his career flagging career at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Two losing seasons in a row. Took the better part of two seasons to win two games in a row. Dropped a bunch of close games on bad coaching decisions.

Our power running game, which was once money in the bank and one of the few signature characteristics of the program has been obliterated in favor of a mediocre passing attack.

Most programs regret not firing coaches sooner. Warde had his chance to get ahead of the curve. This season is partially on him because he chose to not fire him after two seasons of red flags that have appeared to be merely a continuation of the tail end of his career flagging career at Syracuse.

Nobody here is questioning why you have your opinions. We're questioning why you feel compelled to repeat them over and over again all offseason.

Reaction Score
Irish Loop said:
I've tried to explain that I think, while Pasqualoni hasn't been great, he hasn't been firably bad,​
Do you think the Rock Star would have fired PP if he didn't bring in a new OC? If so, he was firably bad, just saved his job by doing what his boss required him to do to get another redo year.

Reaction Score
Irish Loop said:
I've tried to explain that I think, while Pasqualoni hasn't been great, he hasn't been firably bad,​

Do you think the Rock Star would have fired PP if he didn't bring in a new OC? If so, he was firably bad, just saved his job by doing what his boss required him to do to get another redo year.​

I personally think head coaches probably deserve 3 years unless they do a really, really terrible job (like, say, Edsall is doing in Maryland). But I'm not the Athletic Director. I don't know if Manuel forced Pasqualoni to hire a new OC, or if Pasqualoni did it to protect his own job. It's not my concern. My only concern is whether or not he can improve this year. If not, too bad for him, onto the next guy.

Reaction Score
Nobody here is questioning why you have your opinions. We're questioning why you feel compelled to repeat them over and over again all offseason.

And we're questioning your need to stick up for failure.

Reaction Score
And we're questioning your need to stick up for failure.

Why do you even care? What does it matter? People have different opinions than you. It happens. The world goes on.

You know what doesn't make the offseason any more pleasant?

Nonstop complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak