G David Beatty | Page 9 | The Boneyard

G David Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heard he is plan C. Waters is plan B and MAL is planA.
They are very happy if they land waters but Mal is top pick out of the three
What are you hearing about the shooting guards(diallo/harvey)?

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask that we get them all, plus HamD, Harvey and one of Bamba/Obiagu/Richards? Or Wilkes?

Just find the scholarships somewhere, anywhere!

Reaction Score
With the renewed interest in Waters it's clear that the staff has lowered Beatty on the priority list. This was a staff decision.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Heard he was going to commit but the staff told him to wait because they are looking at other players. Guess this happens all the time
Interesting. If he was our plan C...wouldn't you just want the player to commit and if you get MAL or Waters, just have Beatty decommit if you're worried about the schollies. However, if he's good with waiting, then that works too I guess.

Reaction Score
Interesting. If he was our plan C...wouldn't you just want the player to commit and if you get MAL or Waters, just have Beatty decommit if you're worried about the schollies. However, if he's good with waiting, then that works too I guess.

My guess is kids do not want to hear that a school wants you to wait to commit

Reaction Score
Heard he was going to commit but the staff told him to wait because they are looking at other players. Guess this happens all the time

I wouldn't doubt this was the case, but how would we recover from a situation like this? The staff must have some sweet talkers to placate the kid to make sure he doesn't go elsewhere while they are on the prowl for higher rated players

Reaction Score
What i have heard is that uconn has a tradition of being very honest with recruits about earning playing time and who else they are recruiting. This goes back to calhoun. Most school are not and will hide how hard they are recruiting similar players. Heard we have lost kids in the past waiting on other kids or telling lower ranked kids that we are going to still recruit others

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What i have heard is that uconn has a tradition of being very honest with recruits about earning playing time and who else they are recruiting. This goes back to calhoun. Most school are not and will hide how hard they are recruiting similar players. Heard we have lost kids in the past waiting on other kids or telling lower ranked kids that we are going to still recruit others
Yeah. I guess I'd rather this method to a sleezier more squid like method

Reaction Score
Yeah. I guess I'd rather this method to a sleezier more squid like method

I guess I agree. Although I feel like from the perspective of a 18 year old, they may rather be sweet talked and told what they want to here than have the staff be up front and honest. It probably doesn't matter as much with the better players because they have the chance to get a lot of playing time anyway

Reaction Score
They know better than I but I would take him in a heartbeat. Can score, shoot and has good size. Having said that, I really don't know all that is true and as I said, they know better. Hope they're right because I like to get kids who KNOW they want to put that Husky uni on. Tough to say wait?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Just rub his head and whisper sweet nothings to him KO, tell him what he wants to hear!

C

Chief00

I believe that is correct or we believe to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom