G David Beatty | Page 11 | The Boneyard

G David Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he wants to play PG it would be surprising that he would want to compete for minutes and ballhandling duties with 3 other guards in the immediate future.

Reaction Score
If he wants to play PG it would be surprising that he would want to compete for minutes and ballhandling duties with 3 other guards in the immediate future.

I don't think je necessarily wants to start at PG, he wants to increase his skill set

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Diallo is a one and done, I'd rather have Beatty for 3 to 4 years
Diallo is a surefire future pro. We need to start restocking in the NBA, and I'd rather have the guy who'll help us do that -- especially since we're strong favorites on a high-rated SG (AJ Reeves) and a high-rated CG (Eric Ayala) from 2018.

Not saying I wouldn't take Beatty, but having Diallo on the team can help us for waaay more than one year.

Reaction Score
Diallo is a surefire future pro. We need to start restocking in the NBA, and I'd rather have the guy who'll help us do that -- especially since we're strong favorites on a high-rated SG (AJ Reeves) and a high-rated CG (Eric Ayala) from 2018.

Not saying I wouldn't take Beatty, but having Diallo on the team can help us for waaay more than one year.
Exactly, a big reason, not the most important but a big reason altogether, that we get could recruits at guard is the NBA lineage the past 20 years. We want guys in the league that kids can look at and say "I wanna take that path too" a 1 and done every once in a while is a good thing.

Reaction Score
I think this is purely stupid statement. Sorry for being rude

Why is it stupid?

There's no guarantee that he would even make the staring line up.

I would always want Uconn to get the best talent, but a 3 year guy can be more beneficial to a program than a one and done who may end up playing overseas and never put on a Husky uniform

Reaction Score
Why is it stupid?

There's no guarantee that he would even make the staring line up.

I would always want Uconn to get the best talent, but a 3 year guy can be more beneficial to a program than a one and done who may end up playing overseas and never put on a Husky uniform
Because a top ten player who gets to the league after one year at UCONN helps UCONN with future top ten players. I'd take either. But to say you'd choose Beatty over Hami is absurd. You take the better player every time...and he's not going overseas.

Reaction Score
Because a top ten player who gets to the league after one year at UCONN helps UCONN with future top ten players. I'd take either. But to say you'd choose Beatty over Hami is absurd. You take the better player every time

Ok, I see your point, yes HD is the better athlete, but I would be fine with Beatty if HD choses to play elsewhere.

A program is not built around one guy

Reaction Score
Because a top ten player who gets to the league after one year at UCONN helps UCONN with future top ten players. I'd take either. But to say you'd choose Beatty over Hami is absurd. You take the better player every time

Ok, I see your point, yes HD is the better athlete, but I would be fine with Beatty if HD choses to play elsewhere.

Reaction Score

Oh absolutely Beatty is a hell of a player. Who says we can't snag both...;)

Reaction Score
Beatty looks like a nice player but wanting him over Diallo is just crazy. Diallo would be one of the best recruits we've ever had and he has future NBA all-star talent. He would be huge for us in his likely one season and his play in the NBA the next decade plus is invaluable for luring future recruits and keeping UCONN at the top of the totem pole.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Tell that to Texas. They are still pulling recruits from the 12 weeks they had KD.

Reaction Score
Beatty looks like a nice player but wanting him over Diallo is just crazy. Diallo would be one of the best recruits we've ever had and he has future NBA all-star talent. He would be huge for us in his likely one season and his play in the NBA the next decade plus is invaluable for luring future recruits and keeping UCONN at the top of the totem pole.

I agree SJ, but I just don't see it happening. I hope HD is a Husky, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

pj

Reaction Score
If you get MAL, Carlton, and Beatty, the class is secure and the team will be solid regardless of what else happens. You can aim for Diallo and Bamba and if you miss let the schollies slide to 2018.

Reaction Score
You are already two scholarships short. Losing at minimum purvis, Brimah and facey. No idea if Jalen and or Larrier decide to pursue nba. At minimum you take 4 this fall and hold the fifth for spring depending upon how that plays out and you are in a spot to land another fifth year senior if necessary. I don't think uconn can be done after only three freshman players for 2017.

Reaction Score
You are already two scholarships short. Losing at minimum purvis, Brimah and facey. No idea if Jalen and or Larrier decide to pursue nba. At minimum you take 4 this fall and hold the fifth for spring depending upon how that plays out and you are in a spot to land another fifth year senior if necessary. I don't think uconn can be done after only three freshman players for 2017.
I think we could end up getting 4, but this year is a unique situation because we don't have any seniors who will be graduating next season. So while we have 5 scholarships (now 3) for 2017, we also only have 5 (now 3) scholarships open for 2018 as well.

Now this could change with Adams/Larrier leaving for the NBA early, but the question then becomes do you take the risk of taking 4/5 players this year and then not having any scholarships open for a guy like Reeves or Ayala in 2018

Reaction Score
I think we could end up getting 4, but this year is a unique situation because we don't have any seniors who will be graduating next season. So while we have 5 scholarships (now 3) for 2017, we also only have 5 (now 3) scholarships open for 2018 as well.

Now this could change with Adams/Larrier leaving for the NBA early, but the question then becomes do you take the risk of taking 4/5 players this year and then not having any scholarships open for a guy like Reeves or Ayala in 2018

Honestly '17 is the perfect class for a 1&done. Diallo coming in for a year and leaving would be a good thing in terms of available scholarships.

Reaction Score

I want Hamidou for '17 and both Ayala and Reeves in '18.

Reaction Score
Honestly '17 is the perfect class for a 1&done. Diallo coming in for a year and leaving would be a good thing in terms of available scholarships.
This is exactly my thinking, get MAL, Polley, Carlton who should all be here 3-4 years. Then leave those last spots open for guys like Diallo and Bamba who are likely gone after 1 year

Reaction Score
I want Hamidou for '17 and both Ayala and Reeves in '18.
I completely agree. Normally I'm in the camp of you take a player who wants to commit over leaving a spot open for the next year. But I'd hate to have Beatty commit and then not have enough room for both Ayala and Reeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom