G David Beatty | Page 12 | The Boneyard

G David Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think this is purely stupid statement. Sorry for being rude

Hardly a stupid statement just an opinion. I get both sides and can easily see either being correct. Not sure who's to say Beatty becomes a 1st rounder and keeps the ball rolling and helps win a NC or 2? Also remember you will have a starting line up and rotation this year which will transition into next year for playing time and a supposed 1 and done could hurt that, lots of talent returning and coming in. Also he is not 100% sure on college although seems to be leaning that way. But we've received this crappy news before (Bynum) and it sets you back in a big way. He's supremely talented but so was Skal, never know.

I'm in for either mind you, just saying for you to say B1G's comment is stupid is off.

Reaction Score
@B1GEast I understand your thought process here (don't know why people had to react like they have), but as of right now we only know that Adams (if he's still here) and Gilbert will be ready to play major minutes at guard in 2017-2018.

Vital is a question mark until we see where he is at the end of this season.

I've also seen MAL enough to say that I'm unsure he produces that much as a freshman. Makai is a good slasher and can take it to the rim, but right now you can give him the 3 point line and sag off a bit, and his passing is relatively unknown.

Having a one and done in Diallo at the 2 would give Vital, MAL, and even Gilbert more time to develop, then you can introduce a couple of freshman guards in 2018 with 3 veteran guards on board.

And this is all a bonus when you consider the legitimate benefit of putting potential star talent in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Hardly a stupid statement just an opinion. I get both sides and can easily see either being correct. Not sure who's to say Beatty becomes a 1st rounder and keeps the ball rolling and helps win a NC or 2? Also remember you will have a starting line up and rotation this year which will transition into next year for playing time and a supposed 1 and done could hurt that, lots of talent returning and coming in. Also he is not 100% sure on college although seems to be leaning that way. But we've received this crappy news before (Bynum) and it sets you back in a big way. He's supremely talented but so was Skal, never know.

I'm in for either mind you, just saying for you to say B1G's comment is stupid is off.

Sorry being a bonehead.

Reaction Score
@B1GEast I understand your thought process here (don't know why people had to react like they have), but as of right now we only know that Adams (if he's still here) and Gilbert will be ready to play major minutes at guard in 2017-2018.

Vital is a question mark until we see where he is at the end of this season.

I've also seen MAL enough to say that I'm unsure he produces that much as a freshman. Makai is a good slasher and can take it to the rim, but right now you can give him the 3 point line and sag off a bit, and his passing is relatively unknown.

Having a one and done in Diallo at the 2 would give Vital, MAL, and even Gilbert more time to develop, then you can introduce a couple of freshman guards in 2018 with 3 veteran guards on board.

And this is all a bonus when you consider the legitimate benefit of putting potential star talent in the NBA.
I don't know why but I think Vital is going to be great for us and we're going to love him.

Reaction Score
Sorry being a bonehead.

Nah no reason for sorry, hell you can't compare to me 99. It's all good, we win either way as I can see it. The 3-4 year players help the cause due to the chemistry it creates, but I mean you get a Hami and he plays the way the crystal balls think he will, that works out pretty well too.

Reaction Score
anyone know if UConn is still actively recruiting Beatty?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but MAL can play the 1, HAM and him would fit nicely, and Polley and Carlton aren't guards. CAN WE PLEASEEEE GET BEATTY. 247 says right now its between us and Georgetown and they're leaning towards GTown.

Reaction Score
Scout posted an article the other day reporting that Beatty is re-opening his recruitment and that he'll likely decide in the spring.

From his AAU coach in the article:
“David is going to re-open his recruitment,” said Philly Pride AAU Coach Kamal Yard. “I just feel that his ability and his recruitment haven’t matched up, and Dave and myself have talked he has decided to open his mind to all opportunities.”

Reaction Score
I follow Beatty on Twitter and he tweeted that he was reopening a few days ago. I was having some trouble posting here for some reason and game up linking it. I assume that is not good for us, otherwise why reopen it?

Reaction Score
I follow Beatty on Twitter and he tweeted that he was reopening a few days ago. I was having some trouble posting here for some reason and game up linking it. I assume that is not good for us, otherwise why reopen it?
Kinda seems like good news to me, I would've been worried if he was saying he was ready to commit soon. Gives us more time to weigh our options and see what HamD is gonna do

Reaction Score
Seems great for us since we haven't prioritized him and now he's stringing out the process.

Reaction Score
It's not even about Diallo and Beatty being a fit together as much as it is a numbers game. With both we're at 5 guys coming in next year and that leaves no scholarships for 2018 unless someone leaves early. There's a very good chance Diallo and/or Adams leave after that season. But I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the chance and use all 5 next season and risk missing on some guys in 2018 because we can't fit them

Reaction Score
It's not even about Diallo and Beatty being a fit together as much as it is a numbers game. With both we're at 5 guys coming in next year and that leaves no scholarships for 2018 unless someone leaves early. There's a very good chance Diallo and/or Adams leave after that season. But I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the chance and use all 5 next season and risk missing on some guys in 2018 because we can't fit them
But we will have at least 4 open spots with Facey, Brimah, Purvis and Noyes leaving, so why not fill up all these schollies

Reaction Score
But we will have at least 4 open spots with Facey, Brimah, Purvis and Noyes leaving, so why not fill up all these schollies

we already have 3 commits for next season. So only two remain available for 2017. Assuming Diallo is 1 and done, if we get him, we'd only have two for 2018 and we appear to be in great shape with some of the heavy hitters already.

Reaction Score
Jump on him I wouldn't wait for the other guy sorry. I mean if he loved UC so much it would be done. If you can't get him on paper soon you need to take a guy like Beatty who is really good and will be here. And I am sure he likes Killing as much as KO, perfect scenario. And it's not just UK the NBA is potentially a huge wall in the future too, he's a kid things change over a year.

Take him!

Reaction Score
I'd wait, we can pick up top 150 guards anywhere. If we can get a top 10 kid who can help us challenge for a FF/NC I'd wait. Beatty isn't going to make a difference as a freshmen.

Jump on him I wouldn't wait for the other guy sorry. I mean if he loved UC so much it would be done. If you can't get him on paper soon you need to take a guy like Beatty who is really good and will be here. And I am sure he likes Killing as much as KO, perfect scenario. And it's not just UK the NBA is potentially a huge wall in the future too, he's a kid things change over a year.

Take him!

Reaction Score
Agreed, let's go after elite players at this point. Already took a low ranked player with Vital.

we already have 3 commits for next season. So only two remain available for 2017. Assuming Diallo is 1 and done, if we get him, we'd only have two for 2018 and we appear to be in great shape with some of the heavy hitters already.

Reaction Score
I'd wait, we can pick up top 150 guards anywhere. If we can get a top 10 kid who can help us challenge for a FF/NC I'd wait. Beatty isn't going to make a difference as a freshmen.

You're so sure about this why? He has another full season of HS, is a pHilly kid tough and his recruitment is opening up because he's getting better. I've always like the kid and it you wait and it backfires?

Kid wants to be Husky for sure, ready to sign and is a Top 150 we will make him a player. Take him sorry we have plenty of talent, Hami isn't assured he's going to make an impact either for that matter! LaBissiere and Diallo Kansas are proof!

Reaction Score
You're so sure about this why? He has another full season of HS, is a pHilly kid tough and his recruitment is opening up because he's getting better. I've always like the kid and it you wait and it backfires?

Kid wants to be Husky for sure, ready to sign and is a Top 150 we will make him a player. Take him sorry we have plenty of talent, Hami isn't assured he's going to make an impact either for that matter! LaBissiere and Diallo Kansas are proof!
How do we know he wants to be a Husky for sure?

Reaction Score
That's my point, with MAL, Carlton, Polley, and Diallo we would be filling up those spots

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He knows we're gonna get Hamidou and we no longer have interest. And so now he's sort of recalibrating and isn't quite sure Georgetown is where he wants to be.

FWIW I hope the Hoyas get him and that he's good. Hoops has always been more fun when they're the bad guys.

Reaction Score
There won't be 10+ more Vital or Beatty types in the spring if we miss out on Diallo?

Reaction Score
There won't be 10+ more Vital or Beatty types in the spring if we miss out on Diallo?

Thing is we don't know right? I mean what is a "Vital-type"? Is he a really good player for 4 years or is he Scottie Haralson? And if Beatty is moving up who's to say not everyone will be jumping mid season?

He doesn't look like any stiff of sorts to me and just because UK, UNC and Duke aren't on his list doesn't mean he's not a really good player. Just my opinion you take a guy who you believe is or will be good if wants to wear the uni. JC jumped on a low Top 100 Kevin Ollie rather than Travis Best I remember and it worked out pretty well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom