G David Beatty | Page 13 | The Boneyard

G David Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is pretty simple Hamidou is Ollie's number #1 target and he thinks he's coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
Agreed. He seems like an awesome kid and player, but we have some depth with "top 5" coming in, and we need a big with amida leaving, especially if Enoch doesn't improve as much as we're hoping. We also are in with a few top 2018s already it seems
Beatty is a worthy addition in general, but it is a question of numbers. We need to leave room for a big. So, I think waiting on HamD justifies the risk of loosing Beatty.

Reaction Score
Huge fear of mine is letting this kid slip away to Georgetown and then Hami shuns us for Kentucky

Reaction Score
Vital and Beatty are barely top 150, they will likely take more time to develop

RP, JA, Gilbert top 35

Next year'a team should be in a position to challenge for a FF/NC by adding a guy like Diallo and hopefully Banba

This assumes Terry, JA stay

Thing is we don't know right? I mean what is a "Vital-type"? Is he a really good player for 4 years or is he Scottie Haralson? And if Beatty is moving up who's to say not everyone will be jumping mid season?

He doesn't look like any stiff of sorts to me and just because UK, UNC and Duke aren't on his list doesn't mean he's not a really good player. Just my opinion you take a guy who you believe is or will be good if wants to wear the uni. JC jumped on a low Top 100 Kevin Ollie rather than Travis Best I remember and it worked out pretty well!

Reaction Score

RP, JA, Gilbert top 35

Next year'a team should be in a position to challenge for a FF/NC by adding a guy like Diallo and hopefully Banba

I get that but there's plenty of "Vital's and Beatty's" who become better college players than the highly ranked guys. Just hope KO can see that and again as you say, they may take more time to develop then again maybe not. Hey I'm all in if they feel like they're on solid ground with others and we're fairly deep there especially if JA is a 3-4 year guy which I assume at least 3. All good, just like the talented kids who walk in to visit and love the family and want to be part, that a big thing!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Huge fear of mine is letting this kid slip away to Georgetown and then Hami shuns us for Kentucky

I thought you were sure he was coming here for months?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So your KO and you have 2 scolarships.
You need one for a big
For the other, you are likely to get a top 10 player.

You really mean you tell the kid ranked #10 to take a hike and grap a top 150 kid?
I really want to play poker with you guys.

Reaction Score

RP, JA, Gilbert top 35

I'd rather have KO go for Diallo, but let's be fair to Beatty. The lowest I've seen him ranked in updated rankings was 116, and 247 has him top 100. He's not Diallo, but he's a promising program player and is versatile and physically imposing which works well in college.

Reaction Score
What happens when Bamba and Diallo don't come here and then Beatty forgets about us because we forgot about him?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What happens when Bamba and Diallo don't come here and then Beatty forgets about us because we forgot about him?
The people with no basket balls will be female dogging KO.

Reaction Score
Hey if the percentage is as high as you guys say, wait. I get that. Just have to wonder if the love is all there, why not yet?

Reaction Score
247 has him 125 and Rivals 135

We'll find another Beatty in the Spring or 2018 if we pass and miss on Diallo

I'd rather have KO go for Diallo, but let's be fair to Beatty. The lowest I've seen him ranked in updated rankings was 116, and 247 has him top 100. He's not Diallo, but he's a promising program player and is versatile and physically imposing which works well in college.

Reaction Score
Hey if the percentage is as high as you guys say, wait. I get that. Just have to wonder if the love is all there, why not yet?
If I was a college basketball player with a UConn offer there's a 100% I'm going to UConn. But I'd also take some free trips around the country while I "decided" on UConn

Reaction Score
247 has him 125 and Rivals 135

We'll find another Beatty in the Spring or 2018 if we pass and miss on Diallo
The bottom rankings on 247 are their own, the top is the national composite.

But I agree that there will be other opportunities just as promising, so Diallo should be the priority here.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If I was a college basketball player with a UConn offer there's a 100% I'm going to UConn. But I'd also take some free trips around the country while I "decided" on UConn
Seriously. Have you guys ever seen Kentucky or Arizona co-eds? Why wouldn't you take a trip there if someone else is paying for it?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Seriously. Have you guys ever seen Kentucky or Arizona co-eds? Why wouldn't you take a trip there if someone else is paying for it?
Uhhh, Arizona and Kentucky do not belong in the same sentence when discussing co-eds. Brothers and sisters usually don't produce the most esthetically pleasing offspring.

Reaction Score
All signs pointing to Indiana, nice steal for them if so.. Seemed like he was earmarked for G'Town a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom