FYI - A bunch of smoke over at the Oklahoma CR Board | Page 3 | The Boneyard

FYI - A bunch of smoke over at the Oklahoma CR Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
OK...you win...playing the Irish in OOC sucks.
Fabricate straw man arguments much?

I never said playing the Irish sucks. I said (and I quote): "ND's defacto Network (NBC) and football Independence does nothing really to help the ACC."

Reaction Score
Welterweights....

I was on Bourbon Street when Alabama played Arkansas in the Sugar in 1980....Both teams and their fans wandering through wearing red...heavy weight matches that night. Mostly kept out of news in the dark days before ESPN was the mothership and the internet could spread the news like Paul Revere on a rocket.

If it helps you sleep

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I want to see how long FSU and Clemson put up with ND's bs one way deal with the ACC. Those are the 2 teams in that conference that stand to have the most to lose.

Forever.

What choice do they have? They don't have any leverage over Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Welterweights....

I was on Bourbon Street when Alabama played Arkansas in the Sugar in 1980....Both teams and their fans wandering through wearing red...heavy weight matches that night. Mostly kept out of news in the dark days before ESPN was the mothership and the internet could spread the news like Paul Revere on a rocket.

Then there was still story, which still give me the creeps...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/-Scrotum.html

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

B1Gmap_zps064d684d.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Forever.

What choice do they have? They don't have any leverage over Notre Dame.

Folks don't seem to get this...Clemson and FSU aren't going anywhere and the ACC with Notre Dame is better than the ACC without the Irish.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Folks don't seem to get this...Clemson and FSU aren't going anywhere and the ACC with Notre Dame is better than the ACC without the Irish.

The ACC's deal with ND is a lot better than the Big East deal was with ND.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The ACC's deal with ND is a lot better than the Big East deal was with ND.

Agreed. The football scheduling component makes it MUCH better. ND used to play occasional games against Big East teams - Pitt most frequently. But had the Big East had the same football scheduling arrangement as the ACC, it would have probably boosted the football profile...even though you could make a convincing argument that the old Big East was a better, or as good of a, conference as the ACC at that time.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The Big East did have a scheduling agreement with Notre Dame that Notre Dame ignored, IIRC.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Notre Dame was contracted to play 3 games a year against the Big East. I'm not sure how closely they adhered to that. UConn got to play them as a result of the arrangement.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Agreed. The football scheduling component makes it MUCH better. ND used to play occasional games against Big East teams - Pitt most frequently. But had the Big East had the same football scheduling arrangement as the ACC, it would have probably boosted the football profile...even though you could make a convincing argument that the old Big East was a better, or as good of a, conference as the ACC at that time.
Whether the arrangement between ND and the ACC is better than the arrangement between ND and the Old Big East is irrelevant. The name of the game is money and Notre Dame's independence in football and their contract with NBC is not of great benefit to the ACC.

Reaction Score
Every day that goes by without a statement from OK to calm the waters makes the idea that something might be happening more and more likely.

Reaction Score
The Big East did have a scheduling agreement with Notre Dame that Notre Dame ignored, IIRC.

They did want to dictate where games would be played.

You know, "neutral" sites ;) ;)

Reaction Score
Is there any good info on the Northwestern/NLRB situation? It seems to me unlikely that massive conference changes would occur until this matter is settled or has a probable outcome. The P5 may start hemorrhaging private schools if the ruling stands.

Reaction Score
Small schools everywhere finance their sports teams from the general fund, so I think many of those private schools will try to may a go of it to stay in the P5; whatever the cost might be.

Reaction Score
You're probably right. I saw an analysis a while back that indicated that Miami, among others, would have a real tough time of it.

Reaction Score
Every day that goes by without a statement from OK to calm the waters makes the idea that something might be happening more and more likely.

And also empowers our friend from WV to delve a bit deeper into his moonshine each day resulting in such revelations that the folks in Morgantown have just as much as and power as the folks in Norman and Austin have when it comes to the future of the XII.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The BiG would rather take Oklahoma and Oklahoma State than any combination of us.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Say what you will about Mantai Te'o, at least he never beat up his fake girlfriend. So I guess in that respect, ND's relationship with the ACC is beneficial.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If OU is going anyplace, its the PAC or the SEC.

And I would not be surprised if they did leave the Big12. They have been under Texas' thumb for too long.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
OU yes. OSU no way. The only way the B1G would take OSU would be because all avenues to get OU on its own were completely and thoroughly exhausted. OSU academics are absolutely horrendous and would not fit in whatsoever with B1G schools. I can potentially see a lax in the AAU requirement to add the right school. But there is no way in hell that I can see the B1G giving a lax in the "good academic" requirement, like the ACC did when they invited LCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom