Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the huaky eyes on the helmet are awesome. so much better than the ones we have now. so r those gloves. bi saw mike olt tweeting a pair of those gloves- so I wonder if they have then now

Reaction Score
the huaky eyes on the helmet are awesome. so much better than the ones we have now. so r those gloves. bi saw mike olt tweeting a pair of those gloves- so I wonder if they have then now

Yeah those are gloves I made from scratch. You have a link to that tweet? I'm curious to see what they look like.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Great look. Love the helmets after you removed the C.

Submit them to Uni Watch. They tweet it out usually. Might get noticed by someone!

Reaction Score
ALSO CHECK OUT THE UPGRADED UNIFORM DESIGNS TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 3. ANY ADDITIONAL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME.

Reaction Score
Great look. Love the helmets after you removed the C.

Submit them to Uni Watch. They tweet it out usually. Might get noticed by someone!

Not a bad idea, actually.

Reaction Score
Yeah those are gloves I made from scratch. You have a link to that tweet? I'm curious to see what they look like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 70
Reaction Score
ALSO CHECK OUT THE UPGRADED UNIFORM DESIGNS TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 3. ANY ADDITIONAL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME.
Have you tried using the logo on a helmet like the new NFL "concept" helmets? Some of those are decent looking.

Reaction Score
Great as always. IMO, the baseball C has to go and red husky patch doesn't work. Personally, I like the original concept better because of the reference to MBB elements in it but these do look sharp. I'm partial to the two tone helmet but I'm more flexible about helmet design than a lot of posters on the board. I still think and updated version of this would make a bas ass chrome alternative helmet.
6849814715_fce82e2c34_z.jpg
we're not going back to the puppy dog... it's a good looking helmet though

Reaction Score
Sweet. I agree that the 'C' on the back of the helmet is not need though. I would actually like to use that space for players to have paw print or C stickers on the back to show how hard they have worked and what they have earned like Ohio St's helmets.

PERFECT idea.. helmet stickers... That's ingenious.. Another motivating factor for the players... Love the idea...

Reaction Score
Think I'm gonna edit a version with normal logos on the sleeves w/ gray outline (instead of the red logos) and no hook C on the rear of the helmets... see how that looks...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
we're not going back to the puppy dog... it's a good looking helmet though
Yep, I agree. But a chrome version of this with new logo would look great as an alternative helmet.

Reaction Score
what about using the "husky eye blue" as a trim somewhere-similar to the Seattle Seahawk lime green trim.

Reaction Score
UPDATE 3/6:

• Dropped the hook C from the helmets
  • Eliminated red stripe pattern from the front of the jerseys, which gives it a cleaner look.
  • Replaced the all-red sleeve logos with the regular logos. Logos looked more appealing with red trim rather than gray IMO.
image.jpg
image.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think these are the best yet. I'd really like to see how these look on a player or at least a mannequin. I like the wordmark on the side of the pants.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
How come we don't petition to wear white at home, at least in hot weather early games? Or even a change of pace? So stodgy UConn is. Their hoop uneys s&ck too, with the old 99 striping.

Reaction Score
Still partial to these:

uconnconcept_accdupshoulderhome-png.7934

but the ones a post or two above are nice as well.

The low resolution on this site really doesn't do them justice. I drew all of these in extraordinarily high resolution, but they're too big to post on this board. I'm probably going to take the suggestion of submitting these to Uni Watch.

Reaction Score
How come we don't petition to wear white at home, at least in hot weather early games? Or even a change of pace? So stodgy UConn is. Their hoop uneys s&ck too, with the old 99 striping.

A white out at home would be sick in these unis. I was thinking the same thing after I finished the away uniform.

Reaction Score
Do you have any designs that utilize the Block C style from a few years back? I'd be curious to see how it would look with these aesthetics.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the work. No red please, though. UConn is blue and not red. I remember being confused a few year's back when Nike had a special event uniform for UConn women's basketball team that was gray with red lettering.

Red as an alternative. More and more teams using colors beyond their traditional colors. UConn needs to emulate these programs, not Penn State.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
We need to change our awful helmets...I like this idea. Need to make the football uni's our own brand.

Reaction Score
Red as an alternative. More and more teams using colors beyond their traditional colors. UConn needs to emulate these programs, not Penn State.

Yeah, I've been starting to consider making red unis again. If for no other reason than to just see what it looks like.

Reaction Score
Do you have any designs that utilize the Block C style from a few years back? I'd be curious to see how it would look with these aesthetics.

I actually tried the block C on the back of the helmets, and it was frankly even more obnoxious than the hook C on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom