Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Never been a big fan of numbers on the side of the helmet, but they need something there. I like this general concept way better than what we have now, especially the expanded eyes on the front. Is there a white helmet version you could mock up? (no gradient). I like the blue better but the current regime seems hooked on the white lids now.

Reaction Score
I actually tried the block C on the back of the helmets, and it was frankly even more obnoxious than the hook C on the back.

I'm sorry. I mean't using the old style Block C Helmets before the insane-o eyes were added. Curious how they would pair with your uniform combos.

Reaction Score
A closer look at the helmet concepts:

View attachment 8672 View attachment 8673

This is EXACTLY how the helmet needs to look. They had it close but this is perfect. I agree with some of the other comments regarding the script "C" on the back - the helmet doesn't need it. Looks too busy. I'm also a fan of the entirely matte navy color for the helmet. Great job.

Reaction Score
UPDATE 3/6:

• Dropped the hook C from the helmets
  • Eliminated red stripe pattern from the front of the jerseys, which gives it a cleaner look.
  • Replaced the all-red sleeve logos with the regular logos. Logos looked more appealing with red trim rather than gray IMO.
image-jpg.8704

This is the winner. Then white version with an all matte navy helmet. Excellent work on the revision!

Reaction Score
Make a uniform in orange with an all black helmet. On the helmet only have a block "C'. Use these uniforms in OCT around Halloween...Play up the "UConn" bad boy "intimidating image" ....Have some humor! And play with it!

Reaction Score
UPDATE 3/6:

• Dropped the hook C from the helmets
  • Eliminated red stripe pattern from the front of the jerseys, which gives it a cleaner look.
  • Replaced the all-red sleeve logos with the regular logos. Logos looked more appealing with red trim rather than gray IMO.
View attachment 8704 View attachment 8705

Hey bro - are you getting any love fromt the UCONN Athletic dept for these 2 designs? You should...

Reaction Score
Hey bro - are you getting any love fromt the UCONN Athletic dept for these 2 designs? You should...

Yeah, none. They seem to maintain their loyalty to Nike. No external designs are permitted for any consideration.

Reaction Score
Still partial to these:

uconnconcept_accdupshoulderhome-png.7934

but the ones a post or two above are nice as well.

I agree, these jerseys look awesome. Only minor tweak I would make is getting rid of the Husky face from the helmet. Go matte blue with numbers on the side and block UCONN in the back

Reaction Score
Yeah, none. They seem to maintain their loyalty to Nike. No external designs are permitted for any consideration.
Maybe you could present the design(s) to Nike? Patent the idea(s) and sell it to them...

Reaction Score
Maybe you could present the design(s) to Nike? Patent the idea(s) and sell it to them...

From what I understand, designs can't be patented, only copyrighted. And Nike only accepts patents. I could copyright the designs, but only if the UConn trademarks are omitted from it. Therefore it's virtually impossible for external designs to be presented to them. Sidenote: I emailed the designs to the Athletic Department for ha-has but I don't expect anything to come of it.

Reaction Score
Make a uniform in orange with an all black helmet. On the helmet only have a block "C'. Use these uniforms in OCT around Halloween...Play up the "UConn" bad boy "intimidating image" ....Have some humor! And play with it!
I agree with this. In fact, since we don't care about traditional colors, I'd go with a green shirt and gold pants and gold helmets for a game or two. Maybe gold pants and maroon shirts with gold helmets for a couple of games, too. So we can have black and orange, green and gold and maroon and gold...cool

Reaction Score
From what I understand, designs can't be patented, only copyrighted. And Nike only accepts patents. I could copyright the designs, but only if the UConn trademarks are omitted from it. Therefore it's virtually impossible for external designs to be presented to them.

By design... I'm sure they don't want to be accused of "stealing" a brand design or concept down the road. (non-lawyer view).

I do wonder how many lawsuits they get a year now claiming - "hey that's my idea for a uniform/sneaker/t-shirt design, you stole it."

Reaction Score
I agree with this. In fact, since we don't care about traditional colors, I'd go with a green shirt and gold pants and gold helmets for a game or two. Maybe gold pants and maroon shirts with gold helmets for a couple of games, too. So we can have black and orange, green and gold and maroon and gold...cool

...Really?

Reaction Score

...Really?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The helmets - can the AD at least do the helmets? The enlarged dog eyes on the front look badazz...

Reaction Score
Once you decide to drop the white & blue it opens up a whole world of options. I mean maybe you keep a it in the trim. But no reason not to essentially change colors and even identities each week of the season. Now THAT would bring notoriety which is really the purpose lot all this. Plus think of how many different shirts you could sell. The marketing would be incredible.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Just bring back the block "C". No one I know likes the current helmet.

I don't care what they do with the rest of the uni.

Reaction Score
someone inside the football program (a player or coach) can't say who- told me that the football team will be changing their helmets, I just don't know the time frame, could be for the '15 season.
BINGO! Who called it back in December!!!

Reaction Score
Hope it's more than the helmet... hoping for some of sub legacy's concept design

Don't know if I'd be flattered or offended if they ended up looking like mine. Bottom line, though: they need a visual upgrade bad.

Reaction Score
I actually tried the block C on the back of the helmets, and it was frankly even more obnoxious than the hook C on the back.
sl,
Really liked your work. May I impose on your talents one more time? Would you be able to insert the current husky logo inside a large Block C. It can slightly or moreso overlap the inside margin of the C. If you have the time, just curious how that would look.
It can marry the current with the older style many people liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom