Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me) | The Boneyard

Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought I sucked at using photoshop. Apparently, I was wrong. I found the time the last few weeks to shell out some ideas using a photo editing/painter program on my laptop, and this is what I came up with. I've found other designs for UConn uniforms online which used the standard Nike template. I saved the original template/design, then used the painting/editing program to make my own designs out of it. Here it is.

uconnconcept_home.png
uconnconcept_away.png

To me, these look more like something Nike should've came up with in the first place.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Looks cool - can you upload a larger image? I can't quite see what's going on with the helmet.

I'd be curious to see what a football uniform would look like with something like this year's MBB side paneling (echoing the Khalid-era uni)... if you have the time for that!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks cool - can you upload a larger image? I can't quite see what's going on with the helmet.

I'd be curious to see what a football uniform would look like with something like this year's MBB side paneling (echoing the Khalid-era uni)... if you have the time for that!

Yeah, I had to crop the images to make them larger.

Reaction Score
Looks like you're taking a page out of Arizona's book with the all red uni's, which are just TOO MUCH... the all blue is a bit gaudy too, I like how the grey and white unis , moreso the grey ones, look....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
How's about some block C helmets? Someone is bound to lose their over that too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think they home and away are pretty awesome. The number on the side of the helmet and the enlarging the husky face make a world of difference.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Take away the baseball C (there is no need whatsoever to expand usage of it), and they're pretty much perfect. You can add the block C in it's place, if you want a firestorm :)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Pretty cool. I have always thought the numbers should be on the helmets. Only thing I am not crazy about is the "C".

What about in black?

Reaction Score
I like all of them except the red unis.

Then again, I think Louisville had all light blue unis in a game this year, so school colors don't seem to be an issue anymore in the "Nike-new uni every week" era.

Reaction Score
Really like this except for the two tone helmets. I really like the shoulder desin reminds me of OK State. I don't know why we need to have the numbers there

Reaction Score
I dig the tops and love the shoulder design. Someone mentioned basketball-like side stripes on the pants, that would be awesome. I would like the helmets to be simple, perhaps the logo on both sides. No need for the UCONN on the back of the helmets as it's already on the chest and nothing is worse than an overdone helmet.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nice. Somebody contact Watde and hire this guy.
Q: who decides our combos for games? Always wondered that .
Q2: all blue for SMU? (Will we have blue pants, helmet, top). Cold weather usually this is conbo

Reaction Score
I like everything but the UConn on the pants.. Just too much, great job on helmets

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Take away the baseball C (there is no need whatsoever to expand usage of it), and they're pretty much perfect. You can add the block C in it's place, if you want a firestorm :)

Put a B1G logo instead

By the way, these are awesome

Reaction Score
Thanks for the work. No red please, though. UConn is blue and not red. I remember being confused a few year's back when Nike had a special event uniform for UConn women's basketball team that was gray with red lettering.

Reaction Score
PLEASE get rid of that frigging on the helmet - it looks XFL-ish, at best

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Thanks for the work. No red please, though. UConn is blue and not red. I remember being confused a few year's back when Nike had a special event uniform for UConn women's basketball team that was gray with red lettering.
Red and gray are included as a secondary colors in the UConn color guidelines. (along with light blue only used for the husky's eyes). With last year's redesign red trim is now consistently applied to every sport. We may not see red or gray football jerseys in the future, but either of those is probably more likely than seeing say, a black jersey with blue/red trim.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Never a fan of the call of the wild helmets, but these, with a larger logo and without the cutoff stripe, look 500% better.

And with the side numbers it looks more complete. Nice job all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom