Edsall Fired | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Edsall Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im pretty sure he did it here as well. Farrell will always be a .

Honestly, that handshake thing is such an Edsall move. You can picture him saying to every player, "good luck, Tyler. Get out there and execute. Good luck, Darius. Let's see some execution today."

Proving a negative is impossible. For Farrell to say that it didn't happen here - what, did he attend each of Edsall's 144 games? - is proof that he's an idiot, that he is holding a grudge, or that he is an idiot holding a grudge.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Honestly, that handshake thing is such an Edsall move. You can picture him saying to every player, "good luck, Tyler. Get out there and execute. Good luck, Darius. Let's see some execution today."

Proving a negative is impossible. For Farrell to say that it didn't happen here - what, did he attend each of Edsall's 144 games? - is proof that he's an idiot, that he is holding a grudge, or that he is an idiot holding a grudge.
Apropos of nothing, when the NFL began penalizing excessive celebrations I thought it would be funny if a team decided to go in the opposite direction and do a retro-style, semi-formal handshake line after a TD.
"Congratulations."
"Good play."
"Congratulations!"
"I say, a fine throw sir!"

Reaction Score
One of our former Huskies bumped into Edsall last night in his Maryland neighborhood and emailed me. "Edsall said that if they wanted to fire him that's fine, they just did it the wrong way. He was in good spirits, but many of us would be too with $4M!"
Like how he did it the right way leaving UConn...that kind of right way? Jeez he has a selective memory.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, when the NFL began penalizing excessive celebrations I thought it would be funny if a team decided to go in the opposite direction and do a retro-style, semi-formal handshake line after a TD.
"Congratulations."
"Good play."
"Congratulations!"
"I say, a fine throw sir!"
Could this be considered a multi-person celebration?

Remember, in 2010, this:
ept_sports_nfl_experts-266592058-1287443004.jpg
was considered excessive and punished with a 15 yard penalty.

Reaction Score
Lmao. Good catch.
They did it the wrong way! LMAO! They did what was best for Maryland. He had to go and it made no sense to throw the interim coach in there before playing tOSU. Besides, Randy had experience coaching a big game while knowing he was gone as soon as it was over.

I would not call that coaching at the Fiesta Bowl. He seem disinterested in the second half, made no adjustments or seem to care. His mind was already n Maryland.

Reaction Score
I would not call that coaching at the Fiesta Bowl. He seem disinterested in the second half, made no adjustments or seem to care. His mind was already n Maryland.

For us to have had a opportunity to beat, or at least stay close to Oklahoma, we needed to take chances. Instead, our defenders gave their receivers lots of room and we played conservatively overall. It was frustrating to watch and did seem like we were content just being there. In hindsight, it all makes sense though. Edsall wasn't concerened with trying to win the game, instead he just didn't want to get embarrased. The last thing he wanted was a potential blowout because we took took chances trying to actually win the game. Afterall, he knew he was meeting with MD the next day and didn't want to do anything to jeopardize turning his dream...into a nightmare.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I keeping going back to the first drive of the game. We got just an atrocious spot, it was clearly a 1st down and not a peep from Edsall. A committed coach would have gone crazy.

Reaction Score
I keeping going back to the first drive of the game. We got just an atrocious spot, it was clearly a 1st down and not a peep from Edsall. A committed coach would have gone crazy.
Not to mention the PI non-call perpetrated against Ryan Griffin! smh....gotta stop living in the past

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Oh, BS. Edsall isn't half the man the apologists say he is. You don't get 2M per for running a clean program, you get paid to win. Which he didn't do. He showed he can take a team from nonexistence to good. Good is his ceiling. His going from good to great is a pipedream.

Curious did he kick our dog or something?
While he was not perfect here he was hat UConn needed at the time. He help get our facilities that are top notch and graduated many players and got guys in to the league. That is a pretty big step for a program that had soccer out draw it while I was there in the 80's.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Im pretty sure he did it here as well. Farrell will always be a .

He shook the players' hands before every game during warm-ups while he was here. Remember that very clearly. The way he left sucked but we've all seen coaches leave BEFORE the bowl game. He also said he regretted the way he left but Maryland gave him an ultimatum, which perhaps should have clued him in to the way that school operates.

He did a terrific job here, but he couldn't make it work at Maryland.

Reaction Score
There is no irreplaceable man

Sometime when you’re feeling important,
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom,
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You’re the best qualified man in the room.
Sometime when you think that your passing
Will leave an un-fillable hole,
Just remember this simple example,
And see how it humbles your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in up to your wrists,
The hole that you make when you leave it,
Is the measure of how much you’ll be missed.
You may splash all you want when you enter,
You may stir up the waters galore,
But just wait for a moment
And it is still the same as before.

The moral of this is quite simple,
Just do the best that you can.
But please always remember
There is no indespensible man
The poem is called "The Indespensible Man."

Husky25

Reaction Score
As if i intentionally changed the word?

I copied and pasted the poem in its entirety. Apparently you can use either word and guess what? Not lose the meaning!! Go figure.

Reaction Score
As if i intentionally changed the word?

I copied and pasted the poem in its entirety. Apparently you can use either word and guess what? Not lose the meaning!! Go figure.
Yea, authors probably do not care what you title their pieces of work. Mr. Kessinger probably wouldn't have even minded if you called it "The Indivisible Man" either.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yea, authors probably do not care what you title their pieces of work. Mr. Kessinger probably wouldn't have even minded if you called it "The Indivisible Man" either.

I THROW MYSELF UPON MY KNEES A REACH UP TO THE HEAVENS, HUMBLY BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS FROM MR. [SIC] KESSINGER'S SPIRIT FOR THE SIN OF COPYING AND PASTING, WORD FOR WORD, A PASSAGE THAT SOME ELSE APPARENTLY MISQUOTED, BUT STILL RETAINED ALL RELEVANT MEANING!!!

I'll make a little, but not much, more effort in the future. There. Feel better?

I think Saxon Nadine White Kessinger would be a tad more offended that you changed her gender, rather than me inadvertently copying and pasting a word in her poem.

By the way, that sound you hear? It's the point wizzing through your part and over your head.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Saxon Nadine White Kessinger would be a tad more offended that you changed her gender.

He also thinks the poet Joyce Kilmer and painter Joan Miro are women, too!!

Reaction Score
I think it is more humorous that a the poem is misquoted at an institution of higher learning. I did not take it upon myself to research the gender of the author so shame on me.

Reaction Score
I apologize for reviving an old topic but I saw an article today about Justin Fuentes being on the Maryland coaching list and in the article the Maryland AD was quoted as saying, " A lack of offensive creativity, particularly with regard to quarterbacks, in part was to blame for the Oct. 11 firing of Randy Edsall." I thought this quote was priceless and "dead on balls accurate" (Tomei, My Cousin Vinnie) so I couldn't let it pass going unnoticed. At least two years before Randy left UConn I kept saying it was time for him to go because he brought us as far as he could take us and that his offensive schemes were horrendous. Also with the exception of Orlowski he had not been able to develop another quarterback or recruit another quarterback.

It was interesting to see those same sentiments reflected by the Maryland AD.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I apologize for reviving an old topic but I saw an article today about Justin Fuentes being on the Maryland coaching list and in the article the Maryland AD was quoted as saying, " A lack of offensive creativity, particularly with regard to quarterbacks, in part was to blame for the Oct. 11 firing of Randy Edsall." I thought this quote was priceless and "dead on balls accurate" (Tomei, My Cousin Vinnie) so I couldn't let it pass going unnoticed. At least two years before Randy left UConn I kept saying it was time for him to go because he brought us as far as he could take us and that his offensive schemes were horrendous. Also with the exception of Orlowski he had not been able to develop another quarterback or recruit another quarterback.

It was interesting to see those same sentiments reflected by the Maryland AD.
Half way through his last season with us this, I'd say that about 75% of this board wanted him gone. Of course, we had a huge turnaround and went to the BCS. However, even the majority of the apologista crowd was calling for his head.

Reaction Score
Leaking it and then not talking to him for 8 hours would be what he was referencing. They could have just fired him after the game.
I'm ok with the way they did it. Makes it sweeter for me.

Reaction Score
Curious, has anyone seen or heard any quotes from RE since the firing? Seems to be laying very low...and you don't see him mentioned much (at all?) in any of the coaching carousel conversations (intentional alliteration).

Husky25

Reaction Score
Curious, has anyone seen or heard any quotes from RE since the firing? Seems to be laying very low...and you don't see him mentioned much (at all?) in any of the coaching carousel conversations (intentional alliteration).
Depending on what bridges he has burned, he will probably end up as a D-Coordinator at a P-5 school or go to the NFL. I don't think his star is shining too brightly as a head coach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised for him to do the studio analyst gig for a year or two. It gives him time to recharge, reassess what he wants to do next and let the memory of his Maryland debacle fade a bit.

It all comes down to ego. Can he handle being just a DC for a year or two in college or can he handle being just a position coach in the NFL? I don't know if he can or if he wants to do that.

What I am closest to being certain of is that his next job isn't a P5 HC.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised for him to do the studio analyst gig for a year or two. It gives him time to recharge, reassess what he wants to do next and let the memory of his Maryland debacle fade a bit.

It all comes down to ego. Can he handle being just a DC for a year or two in college or can he handle being just a position coach in the NFL? I don't know if he can or if he wants to do that.

What I am closest to being certain of is that his next job isn't a P5 HC.

He is King Vanilla. He would translate on TV as well as Waylon translates on the BY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom