Edsall Fired | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Edsall Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
why did somebody bring this thread back to life? he's gone, never coming back here. done deal.. finito... arrivederci... don't let the doorknob hit you where the good Lord split you.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
why did somebody bring this thread back to life? he's gone, never coming back here. done deal.. finito... arrivederci... don't let the doorknob hit you where the good Lord split you.

I don't think anyone is really seriously interested in have Edsall come back to UConn. He is merely a person of interest.

If one were to do a search for Tim Tebow, there are about 7 different threads of varying length. A certain career college back up QB from Plano, Texas is never coming back to Storrs either, but there are at least a handful of threads about him since he's transfered too.

Reaction Score
Curious, has anyone seen or heard any quotes from RE since the firing? Seems to be laying very low...and you don't see him mentioned much (at all?) in any of the coaching carousel conversations (intentional alliteration).
Its early. There will be FCS coaching positions available.

Reaction Score
Geez you guys are still waning over Edsall? He's gone, been gone, took the first life raft out of Storrs that someone(Maryland) threw him and now Karma kicked him in the nuts and he deserves it for the way he left. So be it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Why is this post still alive?

Tt5qg.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Because you just posted.

Reaction Score
Just curious, like him or not, he was a big part of Uconn football for a long time...find another thread if it bothers you.

Reaction Score
Just curious, like him or not, he was a big part of Uconn football for a long time...find another thread if it bothers you.

I may be crazy, but his real belief in the academic mission and his ability to identify less obvious talent makes him perfect for the Ivy League or one of the service academies. P5 coaches have to be better able to handle the politics of pushy boosters and player/divas.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm a tad relieved that Rutgers didn't hire him. Though I think Randy is too smart to take that job. His buyout will get him to a comfortable retirement if he chooses. He can also consult or join an NFL staff. I wouldn't worry about him. UConn is still in worse shape than Randy is at the moment.

Reaction Score
Lagow....he has offers from Indiana and Memphis along with 2 others..

Reaction Score
Lagow....he has offers from Indiana and Memphis along with 2 others..
He still has eligibility left?! Seems we talked about this name years ago and he's still bouncing around.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This thread is eerily similar to an email disaster I had a few weeks ago at work.

A department/division memo announcing some position changes and new leadership went to a couple of "extra" distro lists.

Within minutes there were approximately 50 responses to everyone by users asking to be removed from the email because it wasn't their division. The next 30 minutes brought another 50 or so emails saying sender sent it to the wrong lists. Oh, over the next hour about 100 or so emails chastised the responders for responding to all instead of just replying directly to the sender. About 2 hours into the event another 100+ emails from sender's reminding everyone that it's okay to just delete the email without responding at all. So.e went so far as to suggest marking as spam.

3-4 hours in to the ordeal corporate IT killed everything. I had over 400 emails on the topic and email etiquette. I talked to one of our local IT's and he said there were over 300,000 messages sent on that email that day.

True story.

Why do I inject this in to this thread? To keep it alive. This thread cannot die til Edsall gets another job and we fully vet the appropriateness of it as it relates to his time at UConn and how he chose to leave UConn.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to think about RE. I appreciate what he did in building our program, and the character he displayed, but very much dislike how he left and the lack of character he displayed when doing such.

Money wise, a lateral move. Career wise, obviously no stepping stone. Job security and a stable family life, a complete failure. I think all the parties involved suffered.

And if I ever saw Jeff Hathaway, I would still kick him in the balls.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This thread is eerily similar to an email disaster I had a few weeks ago at work.

A department/division memo announcing some position changes and new leadership went to a couple of "extra" distro lists.

Within minutes there were approximately 50 responses to everyone by users asking to be removed from the email because it wasn't their division. The next 30 minutes brought another 50 or so emails saying sender sent it to the wrong lists. Oh, over the next hour about 100 or so emails chastised the responders for responding to all instead of just replying directly to the sender. About 2 hours into the event another 100+ emails from sender's reminding everyone that it's okay to just delete the email without responding at all. So.e went so far as to suggest marking as spam.

3-4 hours in to the ordeal corporate IT killed everything. I had over 400 emails on the topic and email etiquette. I talked to one of our local IT's and he said there were over 300,000 messages sent on that email that day.

True story.

Why do I inject this in to this thread? To keep it alive. This thread cannot die til Edsall gets another job and we fully vet the appropriateness of it as it relates to his time at UConn and how he chose to leave UConn.
Please unsubscribe me from this thread.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That line from Cocktail that Simmonds likes to quote fits with HCRE: "everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end."

Reaction Score
Curious, has anyone seen or heard any quotes from RE since the firing? Seems to be laying very low...and you don't see him mentioned much (at all?) in any of the coaching carousel conversations (intentional alliteration).

I gave you a "Like" for the intentional alliteration. Can you do that more often?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to think about RE. I appreciate what he did in building our program, and the character he displayed, but very much dislike how he left and the lack of character he displayed when doing such.

Money wise, a lateral move. Career wise, obviously no stepping stone. Job security and a stable family life, a complete failure. I think all the parties involved suffered.

And if I ever saw Jeff Hathaway, I would still kick him in the balls.

Honestly ...

This isn't fair. Maryland, by most any measure, is a better job; one in which you COULD go to a major bowl regularly. In a B1G model, even when you are mediocre (like many this year), they go to far better bowls and get more TV exposure. Money is better. You had Under Armor (money plus bling). I do find Edsall to Maryland to be understandable from the variables a coach should evaluate for his family. Except ... if they liked Connecticut, they could have lasted a long long time and that has to be disruptive.

I feel, after all this time, that it was time for Edsall to go. Hathaway problems - sure. But, he also was sounding weary at the end. After selling the Program for like 14 years, he had the tone of someone that thought UConn should have been an easier lift. If he thought about the P5, and why wouldn't he, it was probably a time to leap. He had done a good job in Storrs. Good riddance. His exit was as poor as most any you'd ever hear about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom