Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Typical Fiasco over explanation. Non on field coaching position and recruiting coordinator? Why is he being retained at all and is his salary being reduced?
Just fire the guy. Is it that hard?

Curious - Anyone here have first hand knowledge how the AAUP CBA applies to Assistant Coaches terminations and contractual requirement for notice?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I hope you don't post on the hoops board.

As WTF the start of this BB season has been, I think it will get better. Minute chance to make the NCAA though. Too many blown chances. Needed those wins against UO and OKST. Didn't need the other losses.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If this is all that's done then we are so, so completely . What a joke that he's "reassigned".

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As WTF the start of this BB season has been, I think it will get better. Minute chance to make the NCAA though. Too many blown chances. Needed those wins against UO and OKST. Didn't need the other losses.

I'm not complaining about the content. It's all those emojis...

Reaction Score
Too...many.....,, acronyms

Sorry - American Association of University Professors Collective Bargaining Agreement. There was a reference in one of Diaco's contract that referenced it in regards to Assistant Coaches and not having stumbled upon any actual assistant coaches contracts along the way wondered if and how it may apply. Wondering if they have to pay him through notice period/personal contract term, they might as well use him short term. I don't believe the new title designation (non-field) allows for him to do school/home visits - could be wrong there.

I know... Sausage making. My bad.

Reaction Score
So let me get this right. A guy who has had no recent success as the FBS level, who was a crony of the crazy guy who hired him, is still going have an important position in the program that he and crazy Bob are running into the ground while destroying the fan base. Glad we're changing the culture.

The fact that Benedict didn't come out and say anything before Diaco had the SID announce this is pretty freaking gutless. Either come out and say he's coming back or tell Diaco/SID no announcements about coaching changes until I give the OK. The fact that we're all sitting here guessing what this means speaks to Benedict's gutlessness.

Reaction Score
Sorry - American Association of University Professors Collective Bargaining Agreement. There was a reference in one of Diaco's contract that referenced it in regards to Assistant Coaches and not having stumbled upon any actual assistant coaches contracts along the way wondered if and how it may apply. Wondering if they have to pay him through notice period/personal contract term, they might as well use him short term. I don't believe the new title designation (non-field) allows for him to do school/home visits - could be wrong there.

I know... Sausage making. My bad.

Aren't they all on one year contracts? And how does every other school in America avoid having to go through this dog and pony show if in fact that's what it is?

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: After Woeful Season, Assistant Football Coach Verducci Out At UConn

>>The plan right now is to keep the rest of the staff intact, Corley included, though opportunities for assistant coaches and their own goals are always unpredictable this early in the offseason.

UConn's new offensive coordinator is expected to be given power to align the offensive coaches in a certain way and bring in other coaches from the outside. If that happens, of course, there would be more departures at UConn.

There is no timetable for the hire, but the Huskies will work quickly. The reconstruction of the offense is a project Diaco needs to to begin immediately. Filling the staff vacancy is important to that offseason progress, and recruiting efforts.<<

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anthony: After Woeful Season, Assistant Football Coach Verducci Out At UConn

>>The plan right now is to keep the rest of the staff intact, Corley included, though opportunities for assistant coaches and their own goals are always unpredictable this early in the offseason.

UConn's new offensive coordinator is expected to be given power to align the offensive coaches in a certain way and bring in other coaches from the outside. If that happens, of course, there would be more departures at UConn.

There is no timetable for the hire, but the Huskies will work quickly. The reconstruction of the offense is a project Diaco needs to to begin immediately. Filling the staff vacancy is important to that offseason progress, and recruiting efforts.<<
F everything. We need wholesale, not incremental change. This will never get fixed.

Reaction Score
Aren't they all on one year contracts? And how does every other school in America avoid having to go through this dog and pony show if in fact that's what it is?

Yeah normally, that's what piqued my curiosity. I found a reference in the CBA that said "Head coaches and assistant coaches may be hired and/or renewed for multiple year contracts. However, in no case may an assistant coach be hired or renewed for a term longer than the head coach in his/her sport.In those instances where a head coach has a five-year appointment, the assistant coaches in that sport may be appointed to varying employment terms which coincide with the employment term of the head coach. When a head coach leaves for any reason before the end of his/her contract, assistant coaches may be terminated."

We've seen the "extension" - I'm wondering what other contracts terms are out there. Could be nothing or could be nothing other than a soft landing till he finds another job and Enright/Diaco over explained it as Skibs points out.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Are they going to ignore the disaster that became of the other side of the ball? The one Diaco was supposed to be good at? For as much as our offensive looked terrible, our defense was just as bad, especially the second half of the season....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OK so the team is looking for a new OC
What decent P5 OC or OC wannabe even wants to work with this twit HCBD
DO NOT LET HIM INTERVIEW - let some committee do it and hand the guy off to BD

Reaction Score
Yeah normally, that's what piqued my curiosity. I found a reference in the CBA that said "Head coaches and assistant coaches may be hired and/or renewed for multiple year contracts. However, in no case may an assistant coach be hired or renewed for a term longer than the head coach in his/her sport.In those instances where a head coach has a five-year appointment, the assistant coaches in that sport may be appointed to varying employment terms which coincide with the employment term of the head coach. When a head coach leaves for any reason before the end of his/her contract, assistant coaches may be terminated."

We've seen the "extension" - I'm wondering what other contracts terms are out there. Could be nothing or could be nothing other than a soft landing till he finds another job and Enright/Diaco over explained it as Skibs points out.

Don't even get me started on Enright. Grade A clown.

Reaction Score
Sort of expected although maybe not deserved for Diaco to get another year as buy-out big issue. Will need to give new OC two year deal to get anyone decent. Maybe seeing what position they coach and if bringing anyone with them before making call on other offensive coaches and besides want new OC to make call on staff so can not hire any offense position coaches until OC is in place. Doubt touching defense as Diaco is really the DC. Having a non coaching role dedicated to recruiting not the worst thing in world. Something Benedict saw at his other stops as in SEC they have slew of staff in non coaching role so probably good idea to have someone focus solely on recruiting. He might not be a good coach but Verducci from what I seen in interviews is pretty polished guy so maybe he can help in that capacity.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
At this point, let's get crazy and try a corporate business unit model. Fire every coach sans BD ($) and hire a new OC/DC/ST and tell them they are empowered to coach, staff and recruit their side of the ball for the next two years without HC meddling. After two years when BD is gone the best performing side of the ball will be HC.

Reaction Score
OK so the team is looking for a new OC
What decent P5 OC or OC wannabe even wants to work with this twit HCBD
DO NOT LET HIM INTERVIEW - let some committee do it and hand the guy off to BD

Spot on with the first point! The second leaves room for the understanding that Wacky Bob is a control freak. He understands the theory of surrounding oneself with quality people but simply cannot let them do their job. He admitted the first year he had micro management issues. This has also been documented by others around the program that have nothing to do with coaching the team.
First the search is not going to be easy as word travels fast, second whoever takes the job is simply going out on a wing and a prayer. That or has the footballs to tell Bob I will take the job if you stay out of it!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know, I read the headline, commented at the stupidity of this, thought about it and had to come back to reiterate just how insanely idiotic this is and what a total slap in the face it is to the fan base.

Diaco needs to go to have any credibility with the program and fanbase, but if you have to say there is no money with the buyout, at least don't bring back the entire staff and reassign the biggest failure to be the head of bringing in recruits. Not to mention the biggest moron of them all, Diaco, is the one who is going to be evaluating the staff.

As much as it legitimately makes me upset that our program - not Diaco, not Benedict, not Herbst - has fallen to this level, I simply can't stomach this anymore. It's just a joke.

Reaction Score
Are they going to ignore the disaster that became of the other side of the ball? The one Diaco was supposed to be good at? For as much as our offensive looked terrible, our defense was just as bad, especially the second half of the season....

Don't forget the other other side of the ball that can't return Punts, can't return Kick-Offs (Tulane was kicking short after the first couple of touchbacks), Blocked Punts, and Blocked Fields Goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom