Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What OC with any vision of his future is going to take a position under a head coach that with high probability won't be here more than a year?
If we are paying $300k, then we will get an FCS offensive coordinator or someone who hasn't done it before. If we pay $500k+, then we could attract a decent G5 offensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
What OC with any vision of his future is going to take a position under a head coach that with high probability won't be here more than a year?

Personal/family limiting situations aside - people in the industry know that when Head Coaches changes, staff ultimately change. I can see young coaches looking for upward mobility and résumé building not being concerned getting caught in a future "restructuring".

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Whoever it is, he needs to be assured that it's his offense. It won't matter who we hire if we remain philosophically opposed to attacking defenses with tempo and rhythm. I'd think QB next year is now an issue as well... I guess we're back in the Juco/Grad Transfer market, although I like the idea of maybe moving Tyler Davis back. In hindsight, how dumb was it to move him when we had no QB2 coming in to the season?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Because Diaco's BFF Mike Cummings is the OL coach not Verducci.

Still doesn't make sense why the OL sucks goat balls. Verducci was Cummings' boss most of this season and all of last. Cummings' own resume is pretty decent as far as OL success in the MAC. Either should've produced much better results than what we got. That they both failed seems absurd.

I'd love to know what the hell goes on during practice, film sessions and in coaches meetings.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Statistically speaking he fired his most successful assistant. Where did I put that world's smallest bag of confetti?

I don't know how one can expect better with the same guy in charge? How much is really going to change? When BD replaced PP we all thought great, a real coach is going to take this roster of better than you think players and really turn it around. :confused::(:mad:Head bang.

Then we had 2-10 with a couple NFL players, then 6-7 with what looked to be a serviceable QB and experienced OL, WR, TE's, RB's returning with another year of S&C, another year in Bob's culture, with another year in Bob's/FV's offense, and we got 3-9 somehow underperforming the PP/TJ bottoming out. :mad::mad:Head bang.

Now, we are losing and NFL caliber receiver, breaking in a true SO QB with no noticeable skills, behind a new OL, with under utilized recieving corps, and RB's that now all of a sudden have a lot of mileage without a lot of miles. The D is losing whatever playmakers we thought we had, (though they didn't make many plays this season). And we are losing our best two players, the punter and the kicker. How is this turning around again? Head bangHead bangHead bang

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So this is the answer as to what is Benedict doing. Reading the tea leaves that he's ordered a purge. So Cranberry Fish Cakes stays but his staff is gutted.
You're tea leaf reading is suspect as far as retaining BD goes. Benedict no way had final say on spending 5 mill. Whether or not the assistant coaching changed are his idea or not who knows. It certainly can't stop with the OC. The D schemes weren't thrilling either. Ditto special teams. If we never bump up to P5, we can still have interesting, entertaining teams.

Can't believe Diaco gets to stay another year beyond next if the on field doesn't look better than my grandsons midget team.

Reaction Score
Still doesn't make sense why the OL sucks goat balls. Verducci was Cummings' boss most of this season and all of last. Cummings' own resume is pretty decent as far as OL success in the MAC. Either should've produced much better results than what we got. That they both failed seems absurd.

I'd love to know what the hell goes on during practice, film sessions and in coaches meetings.
Cummings has failed since he got here...this season Verducci took the tackles with TE's to help Cummings. There seems to be a common thread the past 3 years with the OL..Cummings. He took over from Foley after year 1...then needed help in year 2. He's a MAJOR issue to me! As far as coaching goes Verducci is a far more accomplished OL coach than Cummings is!

Reaction Score
Whoever it is, he needs to be assured that it's his offense. It won't matter who we hire if we remain philosophically opposed to attacking defenses with tempo and rhythm. I'd think QB next year is now an issue as well... I guess we're back in the Juco/Grad Transfer market, although I like the idea of maybe moving Tyler Davis back. In hindsight, how dumb was it to move him when we had no QB2 coming in to the season?

Diaco has already said he still thinks we need to be a run oriented northeast team.
Whoever it is, expect more of the same.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm sure recruiting will pick up now that we have a dude who has been demoted twice in less than a month running the recruiting efforts.

llabtooF nnoCU. Heading backwards each and every day.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Diaco has already said he still thinks we need to be a run oriented northeast team.
Whoever it is, expect more of the same.
well... that works when you have Jerry Kramer and Paul Hornung...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom