Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway | The Boneyard

Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah, this should more or less confirm he's back unless DB makes the change after January 1, but even that looks highly unlikely now. All we can hope for now is wholesale change at all coaching positions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So this is the answer as to what is Benedict doing. Reading the tea leaves that he's ordered a purge. So Cranberry Fish Cakes stays but his staff is gutted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't get why our OL sucks so bad given Verducci's history.

He was recruiting coordinator for Iowa way back when, so at least he has some experience there. But with his experience with coaching offense lines - which is apparently pretty decent on paper at least - how could we be so awful? Is it all just poor recruiting?

Reaction Score
Will take 3 weeks and it will end up being Hayden Fry coming out of retirement

In all seriousness, Jeff Quinn is still wasting away as an analyst at ND, he was my choice last go-around
Hd should've been the option instead Verducci a few years back.

Please Lord, no more headscratcher decisions coaching wise.

Reaction Score
UConn Release:

>>Verducci Not To Return To Football Coaching Staff
A national search for a new offensive coordinator will begin immediately.
Nov. 28, 2016

STORRS, Conn. - University of Connecticut assistant football coach Frank Verducci will not return to the Husky coaching staff for the 2017 season. Verducci had been at UConn for the past two seasons, serving as the offensive coordinator in 2015 and for the first nine games of 2016. He had position responsibility for the tight ends this past year. A national search for a new offensive coordinator will begin immediately.

Evaluations of each member of the UConn coaching staff will take place in the coming weeks by head coach Bob Diaco.

“I want to thank Coach Verducci for his service to our UConn football family the past two years,” said Diaco. “I have known Coach Verducci since I was in high school and he is a great person and football coach.

“The offensive production of our football team in 2016 was far below the standards that any of us expect it to be. This is a very important decision for the future of our football program and we will bring to our team an individual who can make an immediate impact as we continue to build the program. A proven record of success in developing individual talent and creating a dynamic offensive plan will be central to the search.”

Verducci will remain a part of the staff in a non-coaching position.<<

Reaction Score
WOW...will evaluate the other coaches in the upcoming weeks. My immediate thought to this was this: WTF...THIS HAS HAD SINCE THE ECU GAME TO FIGURE HIS OUT!
As I'm typing this I realize..the new OC will have a say in his staff.

Reaction Score
I don't get why our OL sucks so bad given Verducci's history.

He was recruiting coordinator for Iowa way back when, so at least he has some experience there. But with his experience with coaching offense lines - which is apparently pretty decent on paper at least - how could we be so awful? Is it all just poor recruiting?
Because Diaco's BFF Mike Cummings is the OL coach not Verducci.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
This has all the makings of a total cluster duck. Goofy Bob evaluating the remaining staff? Unless that statement was made just so BD could save face and DB is the one pulling the strings, this can't turn out well.

If by some miracle DB hires aan absolute ace OC who becomes the next HC of UConn football, how can this be viewed as anything other than a mid-major move?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If your an offensive coach with visions of becoming HC UConn may be attractive if and only if, the AD is the one hiring you (yes nominally it's Diaco, but you know generally if the guy above is pulling the strings) and you feel like there is a likelihood that if Diaco is fired you'll get the interim gig as a trial.

Reaction Score
This has all the makings of a total cluster . Goofy Bob evaluating the remaining staff? Unless that statement was made just so BD could save face and DB is the one pulling the strings, this can't turn out well.

If by some miracle DB hires aan absolute ace OC who becomes the next HC of UConn football, how can this be viewed as anything other than a mid-major move?
I guess at some level it would only further ensure he's fired a year from now. Say DB directs the hiring of a great staff of coordinators and the team goes 6-6 and makes a bowl next year. Diaco's not getting fired in that scenario.

Reaction Score
I guess at some level it would only further ensure he's fired a year from now. Say DB directs the hiring of a great staff of coordinators and the team goes 6-6 and makes a bowl next year. Diaco's not getting fired in that scenario.

... nor getting another extension I imagine.

Reaction Score
What this means is DB doesn't want to eat the buyout cost, even come January 2nd.

Guess we have to hope for a miracle prodigy of an OC hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom