Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do the love fact how me mentioned he packed his office in the middle of the day with is door open so he could talk to everyone. He didn't "disappear into the darkness" and pack up in the middle of the night. He surely is a class act. Unlike someone else......

Reaction Score
I do the love fact how me mentioned he packed his office in the middle of the day with is door open so he could talk to everyone. He didn't "disappear into the darkness" and pack up in the middle of the night. He surely is a class act. Unlike someone else......

He (BD) said last night that one of the first things he did @ Burton was have the football admin procure 6 doorstops so he could prop the doors open to encourage an open door policy without the access fobs.

Reaction Score
That was an awesome interview. WM fell in love and I'm in love as well. Now I just don't care for the sport of basketball. Not one bit. I'm seriously considering leaving now to get a ticket for tonight's game to listen to Coach Diaco speak. Love this guy...a born leader.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I just listened to it. If he coaches half as good as he interviews we're going to win a lot. Add in Foley and in my opinion he's started as well as can be expected.

Reaction Score
Indispensable Man - words to live by is right. Reminds me of Time by Pink Floyd.

Ah yes, the 70's. Me and my friends were....

Someone should ask HCBD is he ever inhaled.
images

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
He's a smart, and articulate man who's also young enough to relate. I have a feeling he is gonna recruit well against the other teams in our region. No one at any of the "local" schools against whom we recruit have a personality that will rival his. Hopefully that will make up for what we lack in history and tradition.

And in fairness to his answers...people keep asking him the same questions. He doesn't really have much of a choice.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Oh Danny boy. You are one of my favorites on here. That said...really? Randy keeps getting blasted 3 years later and PP gets a pass 3 months after he's gone?

Wow....

P was getting blasted before he was hired, after he was hired, a year before he was fired right on up to the present. If your in the market to dine on P hate, stick your head outside and open wide.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Question: Really?
Answer: Really!

You will also not hear me living in the past with Edsall either. Nor do I advocate for anyone to continue to blast Edsall. Nor will you see me chatting about Skip Holtz, or Tom Jackson, or....you get the point. Over. Done with. As for giving someone "a pass"; you don't believe that we have beat that horse to death over the last couple years? For a person that has changed his avatar to "no energy suckers", I'm not sure you're sticking to the mantra this morning.

You're one of my favorite posters here also, no doubt about it. But I just don't understand where you're coming from today on this thread...
Really? Lol

Reaction Score
He was an old man by the time UCONN hired him and just forgot how to coach college kids and recognize which kids had talent, he lost the flexibility with these kids, and the college game had changed since his days at Cuse.

I've got some years on me, as well. My working life has been the big-systems technology sector. Early on, I saw that knowledge and know how do not pass by people. People through laziness, stubbornness or unwillingness to adapt to change, get passed. Add blind loyalty to the mix and disaster is assured.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm currently doin push ups getting ready for signing day so I can hug Bob and say "I love you man!"

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I don't recall PP doing any national sports talkshow interviews during his entire tenure at UCONN. Diaco is creating some serious national buzz...

UConnFootball ‏@UConnFootball6m
New #UConn coach Bob Diaco will be on the @jimrome show today at 2 p.m. Listen here: http://jimrome.com/ #BleedBlue

Thank you for the post Dooly. Susie called Warde a Rock Star, I think he found one that fits the bill......

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a transcript or recording of the interview? Not trying to subscribe to Rome's site if I don't have to.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm currently doin push ups getting ready for signing day so I can hug Bob and say "I love you man!"
Don't take this the wrong way but I imagine if I offered you a dollar for every pushup you did you wouldn't be able to buy a beer at the Rent with the proceeds.

Reaction Score
You could hear HCBD in the background of the telecast on ESPN. Couldn't quite make out what he was saying but was def loud and full of energy.

Adding to the Men's Basketball Energy Bucket.

Reaction Score
No i'm serious...poems and all the talk about energy vampires are great. But if i'm a 4 star recruit i'm not going to UConn because of that. He's an interesting guy, it gets him on sports talk shows. Do you care that we have a great math program? Not many football players are algebra or calculus wizards! Use the opportunity to market the football program...that's all i'm saying. Perception of UConn football outside of the Northeast is that we're a joke. We're getting positive press now, run with it. How does this make me seem like a moron??

Perhaps ...him talking up the academic side of the school is necessary. Student enrollment, a top 20 state school in the country...Sounds like some buttons to push for the AAU invite which leads into what??? Oh that's right CR. Look, I don't expect him to key on every opportunity with every accolade. Leave something for the next time....and selling the program??? try this let him do what he is here to do....WIN FOOTBALL GAMES...everything else is nice, in fact it has great, but his greatest achievement wont begin to happen until kickoff in 2014. Until then I am enjoying the positive vibe around this program and compared to the dark thunder cloud we had for a view years, a ray of sunshine would have gotten most if us here to smile, ...didn't expect to see the sun...let's hope we have these same sunny days on game days in 2014.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
At what point does the Co-op start stocking novelty energy buckets? I want one.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a transcript or recording of the interview? Not trying to subscribe to Rome's site if I don't have to.

In Internet Explorer, I got the pop up that wanted me to subscribe.
In Google Chrome, I did not get that pop up and was able to listen to it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I went on to his website and listened to the audio clip. It was the full interview but not any of the J. Rome man-crush stuff that folks indicate happened afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom