Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM | The Boneyard

Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I don't recall PP doing any national sports talkshow interviews during his entire tenure at UCONN. Diaco is creating some serious national buzz...

UConnFootball ‏@UConnFootball6m
New #UConn coach Bob Diaco will be on the @jimrome show today at 2 p.m. Listen here: http://jimrome.com/ #BleedBlue

PP could never understand how to call in to a talk show. His rotary phone kept connecting him to AARP's Medicare Advantage plan hotline.

Reaction Score
I think PP was on some satellite radio college sports shows, but he is not an entertaining interview.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
P did the ESPN car wash when he was hired.

Reaction Score
Come on guys. It's a little unbecoming for us to making old man jokes at P's expense. He was a failure as a head coach here. He's no longer in that position. Let's move on from this kind of stuff.

Really? You're standing up for a man who set us back so far it's hard to see the future with his granny glasses on? What he did makes Randy's exit look awesome.

paul.jpg

Reaction Score
Really? You're standing up for a man who set us back so far it's hard to see the future with his granny glasses on? What he did makes Randy's exit look awesome.

paul.jpg

I really don't think P intentionally sunk the program. He operated on an outdated model of coaching that didn't produce. It doesn't make him a bad man. What Randy did on the other hand was intentional. He turned out to be a huge phony.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Guys, I'm with Jimmy on this. PP ran a clean program, did a pretty good job of recruiting, and did a good job of representing the university. He also wasn't a good head coach. So we let him go.

Every thread....even every comment...that is made about PP takes away from the excitement of the future with Diaco. Let's focus on BD and the changes that are currently happening, even as I type. The future of UConn starts right now...

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score

paul.jpg

I think that he's history… like HCRE.

Everyone has their opinions on previous coaches… operative word being 'previous'.

Learn from the past to move on and move up...
Focus on the past and you cannot grow in the future.

Just can't see tearing him down any further.

Reaction Score
Guys, I'm with Jimmy on this. PP ran a clean program, did a pretty good job of recruiting, and did a good job of representing the university. He also wasn't a good head coach. So we let him go.

Every thread....even every comment...that is made about PP takes away from the excitement of the future with Diaco. Let's focus on BD and the changes that are currently happening, even as I type. The future of UConn starts right now...

These P comments don't fill my energy bucket.

Reaction Score
Jimmy You Cannot Say That. You're Going To Upset People. P Is The Devil Randy Is A Saint.

P Was A Horrible Hire Who Came Here And Made Millions Before Retiring. His Football CoNcepts Were Archaic. Hathaway Is The Real Blame, And Now They're Both Gone. IM Excited About Coach Bob DiAco.

Props To WardE For Canning P And Hiring Diaco.

Reaction Score
Jimmy You Cannot Say That. You're Going To Upset People. P Is The Devil Randy Is A Saint.

P Was A Horrible Hire Who Came Here And Made Millions Before Retiring. His Football CoNcepts Were Archaic. Hathaway Is The Real Blame, And Now They're Both Gone. IM Excited About Coach Bob DiAco.

Props To WardE For Canning P And Hiring Diaco.

Why Did You Captitalize Every Word In Your Post?

Reaction Score
Browser issues. Chrome keeps freezing and the other browser acts funny. This was done on the chrime browser.

Real reason though, I'm being cryptic!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Come on guys. It's a little unbecoming for us to making old man jokes at P's expense. He was a failure as a head coach here. He's no longer in that position. Let's move on from this kind of stuff.
Not on your life. We're not nearly done with him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Agreed. Good man, bad choice for the UConn job. The only thing I think it is very fair to point out is that PP never did this. I can only speculate, but it always seemed to me that PP viewed his job as "football coach". Bob Diaco knows that his job is: football coach, ambassador to UConn generally, head of UConn football marketing, head of UConn football sales, public relations manager for UConn football, motivatoinal speaker and so on. He is the face of the program.

That's why it was so critical we find the right guy, and a young guy with energy. The job is too big, and requires too much beyond just being a football coach. Going on Jim Rome is a great start. Now rinse, repeat. I want him in studios during the bowls offering expert analysis. This needs to be an all out marketing blitz.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agreed. Good man, bad choice for the UConn job. The only thing I think it is very fair to point out is that PP never did this. I can only speculate, but it always seemed to me that PP viewed his job as "football coach". Bob Diaco knows that his job is: football coach, ambassador to UConn generally, head of UConn football marketing, head of UConn football sales, public relations manager for UConn football, motivatoinal speaker and so on. He is the face of the program.

That's why it was so critical we find the right guy, and a young guy with energy. The job is too big, and requires too much beyond just being a football coach. Going on Jim Rome is a great start. Now rinse, repeat. I want him in studios during the bowls offering expert analysis. This needs to be an all out marketing blitz.

Yup, that was my original thought as well. I don't recall one peep from any national outlets after PP was hired. The more buzz we have around the country about UCONN Football, the better.

Reaction Score
Not on your life. We're not nearly done with him.
You really need to quit looking backwards. It's slowing your march to adulthood. Coach P tried, it didn't work, the school moved on. You want to keep throwing stones then waste that time but your gonna get called on it.

Reaction Score
I really don't think P intentionally sunk the program. He operated on an outdated model of coaching that didn't produce. It doesn't make him a bad man. What Randy did on the other hand was intentional. He turned out to be a huge phony.

Sorry but PP was only looking out for himself. He was selfish and stubborn. Nobody can be as stupid as he acted. He was too proud to change course and it was all about him and GDL.

What Randy did was selfish as well. But his actions had no where near the effect PP's selfish actions had on this program. PP should never be forgiven for what he did.

How could someone with his football experience not know that GDL's method was not working by the end of year 2? Yet he kept GDL and his pathetic schemes on for year 3.

If anyone wants to say PP was a nice guy and he didn't really mean to destroy the UConn athletic department, that's fine. I for one, will do my best to erase him from my memory. Not what he did, but for his name in general.

Reaction Score
You really need to quit looking backwards. It's slowing your march to adulthood. Coach P tried, it didn't work, the school moved on. You want to keep throwing stones then waste that time but your gonna get called on it.

People still throw stones at Edsall for his exit, 3 years later. Now people want to just say "let's move on" after this clown nearly destroyed our program. Not a chance.

Reaction Score

Oh Danny boy. You are one of my favorites on here. That said...really? Randy keeps getting blasted 3 years later and PP gets a pass 3 months after he's gone?

Wow....

Reaction Score
People still throw stones at Edsall for his exit, 3 years later. Now people want to just say "let's move on" after this clown nearly destroyed our program. Not a chance.
The truth is P tried to clean up Edsall's mess and couldn't. Hopefully Diaco can take the program to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom