Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah turns out you can't hear the replay unless you pay for Premium Content. Pssshhhhhttt.

Reaction Score
Those of you who go to the game tonight need to record Bob Diaco speaking. I wish I could attend, but I am on-call for work.

Reaction Score
No doubt Coach D is a great guy and a great motivator. Just seems like I keep hearing the same stories over and over, like he's got a script. Talk of the millions of people in so many square miles of campus, how great our math and science departments are.... He was on a national radio show, no mention of our great facilities and other selling points for student athletes? Sell our program when you can Bob, market to potential recruits and the national audience. I'm psyched and excited about the future of UConn football, just hope he can coach as good a game as he can talk.

Reaction Score
Also....anyone going to the Basketball game tonight feel like using your smartphone and videoing Coach D's appearance tonight and posting it? I'm sure most Boneyarders would love to check it out....

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
^^^ Debbie downer... i can see why you still have your flag upside down, but I can tell you we've been saved! lol

Reaction Score
No doubt Coach D is a great guy and a great motivator. Just seems like I keep hearing the same stories over and over, like he's got a script. Talk of the millions of people in so many square miles of campus, how great our math and science departments are.... He was on a national radio show, no mention of our great facilities and other selling points for student athletes? Sell our program when you can Bob, market to potential recruits and the national audience. I'm psyched and excited about the future of UConn football, just hope he can coach as good a game as he can talk.

When you get the interviewer to gush like a little girl, you get an A+ for the interview, regardless of what was said. Anybody can talk about facilities. Not everybody can quote motivating poems.

Reaction Score
^^^ Debbie downer... i can see why you still have your flag upside down, but I can tell you we've been saved! lol
Yeah...I can flip it around now! lol
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just think he missed an opportunity to sell UConn nation wide. I agree the guy is going to be good. Everyone loves him including me. But mix some more selling points in the sermon.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah, yeah...just get me some damned 4 star recruits

images

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just think he missed an opportunity to sell UConn nation wide. I agree the guy is going to be good. Everyone loves him including me. But mix some more selling points in the sermon.
haha... just busting balls. I agree that he should sell, sell, sell at every opportunity he gets, but I think he did enough on the Jim Rome show to win over some people.

What's the next show he'll be on???

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Are yo ua moron or are you saying stupid things on purpose?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Also....anyone going to the Basketball game tonight feel like using your smartphone and videoing Coach D's appearance tonight and posting it? I'm sure most Boneyarders would love to check it out....

I'll be in the student section which should be fairly empty so I'll do my best.

Reaction Score

I would but the truth is, I feel like a huge when I record stuff on my phone. Like I'm contributing to the terrible culture which ruined concerts because everybody's holding up their phones like some sort of jerk.

Reaction Score

He keeps getting asked the same questions by different interviewers. College kids that enter the NFL draft get asked the same questions over and over by different teams, and I'm sure they give the same answers over and over again. Diaco's only been here for a week, he's selling the program the best way he can.

Reaction Score
Are yo ua moron or are you saying stupid things on purpose?
No i'm serious...poems and all the talk about energy vampires are great. But if i'm a 4 star recruit i'm not going to UConn because of that. He's an interesting guy, it gets him on sports talk shows. Do you care that we have a great math program? Not many football players are algebra or calculus wizards! Use the opportunity to market the football program...that's all i'm saying. Perception of UConn football outside of the Northeast is that we're a joke. We're getting positive press now, run with it. How does this make me seem like a moron??

Reaction Score

If it is a script, can he paper his office with it? Oh, wait, that would be bad. Really, really bad.

Reaction Score

Pick a coach

"I used to coach in the NFL and we have great facilities" "We run an advanced NFL style offense that will help get you to the next level"

"When you have someone on the field, they cross the stripe, whether it be a coach or player, and you have that monster possessed,” he said. “An unstoppable force that, no matter what happens during the course of a play or game or quarter or season, that player will continue to persist and go and go and attack and attack. That is a monster. Werewolf comes out.” (Diaco's words)

"I also coached the top ranked defense in the country in the NC game and have put players in the NFL" (my words)

I know who I want.

Reaction Score
Pick a coach

"I used to coach in the NFL and we have great facilities" "We run an advanced NFL style offense that will help get you to the next level"

"When you have someone on the field, they cross the stripe, whether it be a coach or player, and you have that monster possessed,” he said. “An unstoppable force that, no matter what happens during the course of a play or game or quarter or season, that player will continue to persist and go and go and attack and attack. That is a monster. Werewolf comes out.” (Diaco's words)

"I also coached the top ranked defense in the country in the NC game and have put players in the NFL" (my words)

I know who I want.
Valid argument...you're right that's very Coach P-ish. Didn't work with him...i'll let Coach D run with it! I guess @sdhusky is right....i'm a moron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom