Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Seriously…how many times will I say that Warde hit a home run with his Diaco hire this offseason? Over/Under 1,000?

Reaction Score
Rome has a h*rd on for that interview, and he should. We all should. that was awesome. what I like more? Talking about UConn in the middle of December. Bringing him on again next year. Or maybe sooner. GET US IN THE HEADLINES FOR GOOD THINGS EVERY DAY. Love it.

Reaction Score
"Indispensable Man"
http://www.appleseeds.org/indispen-man_saxon.htm

Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the best qualified in the room,

Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions
And see how they humble your soul;

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining
Is a measure of how you will be missed.

You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop and you’ll find that in no time
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example
Is do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man.

I posted this 30 seconds after the interview and sure enough,you had me beat. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Looking forward to hearing what he has to say at the basketball game tonight. Whatever it is, I'm betting UCONN goes on a 10-0 run following it and the crowd loses their collective minds.

Not possible. Don't you know Hartford is a pit of despair from which no light can escape?

Reaction Score
Diaco even got Jim Rome fired up! LOL HCBD's personality is hard not to like.
He's going to do big things when he's in front of recruits. He's got the Kevin Ollie likability factor. They accomplish it in very different ways but you can't listen to either of them and not immediately like them.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Reaction to the interview couldn't be more positive. I love Bob Diaco AND Warde Manuel.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to hearing what he has to say at the basketball game tonight. Whatever it is, I'm betting UCONN goes on a 10-0 run following it and the crowd loses their collective minds.

The game is on ESPN 2 a perfect game for Diaco to introduce himself nationally.

Reaction Score
Was that an ode to Narduzzi? Just kidding. Diaco is a dream come true. A guy that focuses on the positives of uconn 24/7. Refreshing to say the least.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He killed it. And he still has fun every day.

Reaction Score
I listened to the interview on Rome, I am not a fan of Rome but I wanted to post this...

Sometime when you’re feeling important; Sometime when your ego’s in bloom Sometime when you take it for granted You’re the best qualified in the room,
Sometime when you feel that your going Would leave an unfillable hole, Just follow these simple instructions And see how they humble your soul;
Take a bucket and fill it with water, Put your hand in it up to the wrist, Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining Is a measure of how you’ll be missed.
You can splash all you wish when you enter, You may stir up the water galore, But stop and you’ll find that in no time It looks quite the same as before.
The moral of this quaint example Is do just the best that you can, Be proud of yourself but remember, There’s no indispensable man.

Reaction Score
I'm really excited to see what the players will do when coached by this man.

He seems the rare smart guy, who is also a football mind. Most are either one or the other, and typically, if you are both (relate able to the players, plus smarter than the guy on the other sideline) you will have good results more often than not.

Reaction Score
Have no clue who he is but:

FinancialCows2:22pm via Twitter for iPhone
@jimrome I'm a 30 year old who would jump on a plane in a heartbeat to go fill up water bottles for UConn football now. Amazing man

DonaldConsiglio2:30pm via Twitter for Android
@jimrome dear jim i'm 53 yrs old didn't play h.s. football do you think coach bob will let me play for uconn

edit add:
JohnnyCrashMLB2:35pm via Web
@jimrome As a UConn alum and attendee of football games,Bob Diaco just absolutely crushed it. Best coach interview I have ever heard period.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really don't think P intentionally sunk the program. He operated on an outdated model of coaching that didn't produce. It doesn't make him a bad man. What Randy did on the other hand was intentional. He turned out to be a huge phony.
He was an old man by the time UCONN hired him and just forgot how to coach college kids and recognize which kids had talent, he lost the flexibility with these kids, and the college game had changed since his days at Cuse.

Reaction Score
Actually what I said was the personal old man jokes were unbecoming. I thought you of all people would agree with me.
I agree with shutting down the Old Man Jokes. If they want to dump on PGDL for their lack of coaching prowess and taking the money and run fine but the Old Man jokes hit too close to home with a lot of us baby boomers.

Reaction Score
Thing is, neither P nor Edsall means jack shet to,tje future of this program. Im excited about our new guy, a guy that doesnt focus on the programs shortcomings during national interviews. The worst thing that could have happened to uconn post edsall was a guy that came in and produced 6_6, 7-5, type records. The kind of guy that is difficult to fire because uconn "shouldnt have expectations", due to no history and no instate recruiting. Be thankful P fell flat on his face and now we can move on to what should be an esciting time for uconn football. The glory days are yet to come for this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom