Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Jim Rome Show Today @ 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh Danny boy. You are one of my favorites on here. That said...really? Randy keeps getting blasted 3 years later and PP gets a pass 3 months after he's gone?

Wow....

What happened to your positive outlook on things and moving forward? And why do you empathize with that Energy Vampire, JaNyCe of all of people?

Reaction Score
The truth is P tried to clean up Edsall's mess and couldn't. Hopefully Diaco can take the program to the next level.

I felt uneasy when you "liked" a couple of my posts. Then you produce a steaming pile like this and I feel much better about myself.

Reaction Score
What happened to your positive outlook on things and moving forward? And why do you empathize with that Energy Vampire, JaNyCe of all of people?

You can avoid my point all you want. PP is such a nice guy, he didn't mean it, blah, blah blah. Answer my question. Why should we just move on from PP and I don't see you posting about letting go of Randy's exit...why is that?

What Randy did was build a solid program from scratch and then acted like an a.s.shole and left. PP basically ruins the program and yet he gets a pass.

Amazing....

Reaction Score
You can avoid my point all you want. PP is such a nice guy, he didn't mean it, blah, blah blah. Answer my question. Why should we just move on from PP and I don't see you posting about letting go of Randy's exit...why is that?

What Randy did was build a solid program from scratch and then acted like an a.s.shole and left. PP basically ruins the program and yet he gets a pass.

Amazing....

I was an Apologista. Randy earned his criticism for the way he left. P earned his criticism for his failures here. I was one of his most vocal critics when he was the coach here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
LMAO at weyuo.

P tried to clean up Randy's mess?

You have to be some sort of long standing troll. I can't imagine anyone actually believing that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh Danny boy. You are one of my favorites on here. That said...really? Randy keeps getting blasted 3 years later and PP gets a pass 3 months after he's gone?

Wow....

Question: Really?
Answer: Really!

You will also not hear me living in the past with Edsall either. Nor do I advocate for anyone to continue to blast Edsall. Nor will you see me chatting about Skip Holtz, or Tom Jackson, or....you get the point. Over. Done with. As for giving someone "a pass"; you don't believe that we have beat that horse to death over the last couple years? For a person that has changed his avatar to "no energy suckers", I'm not sure you're sticking to the mantra this morning.

You're one of my favorite posters here also, no doubt about it. But I just don't understand where you're coming from today on this thread...

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I don't recall PP doing any national sports talkshow interviews during his entire tenure at UCONN. Diaco is creating some serious national buzz...

UConnFootball ‏@UConnFootball6m
New #UConn coach Bob Diaco will be on the @jimrome show today at 2 p.m. Listen here: http://jimrome.com/ #BleedBlue

I'd love to punch Jim Rome in the nose. That guy is so irritating.

Reaction Score
Question: Really?
Answer: Really!

You will also not hear me living in the past with Edsall either. Nor do I advocate for anyone to continue to blast Edsall. Nor will you see me chatting about Skip Holtz, or Tom Jackson, or....you get the point. Over. Done with. As for giving someone "a pass"; you don't believe that we have beat that horse to death over the last couple years? For a person that has changed his avatar to "no energy suckers", I'm not sure you're sticking to the mantra this morning.

You're one of my favorite posters here also, no doubt about it. But I just don't understand where you're coming from today on this thread...

Where I'm coming from is when Jimmy said we should just move on from PP (paraphrasing). Again, he was all about him and his CT high school cronies. He doesn't get a pass, not for a while.

The statement from Diaco last night was telling:

"I don't know for sure whether they were being asked to do jobs that suit them. You'd like to think they would but I don't know that, so I'd hate to judge them based on that. "

Everyone on the planet knew PP and GDL were trying to put a square peg in a round hole. PP had to know it himself. But his ego wouldn't let him make a change. That's beyond selfish. He was only thinking of himslef the entire time he was here.

Edsall's exit, IMO, was the only time he didn't put the program first. Yet Edsall doesn't get a pass but we should just let PP go. Not gonna happen...

Reaction Score
Got the point of view but are you gonna be one of those posters who brings it up in each and every thread for the next year every time someone types PP?

Only when someone gives PP a pass and throws the blame back on Edsall. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Where I'm coming from is when Jimmy said we should just move on from PP (paraphrasing). Again, he was all about him and his CT high school cronies. He doesn't get a pass, not for a while.

The statement from Diaco last night was telling:

"I don't know for sure whether they were being asked to do jobs that suit them. You'd like to think they would but I don't know that, so I'd hate to judge them based on that. "

Everyone on the planet knew PP and GDL were trying to put a square peg in a round hole. PP had to know it himself. But his ego wouldn't let him make a change. That's beyond selfish. He was only thinking of himslef the entire time he was here.

Edsall's exit, IMO, was the only time he didn't put the program first. Yet Edsall doesn't get a pass but we should just let PP go. Not gonna happen...

Actually what I said was the personal old man jokes were unbecoming. I thought you of all people would agree with me.

Reaction Score
Ok - onto the the interview....

I want to say by listening to HCBD 3-4 times now he is clearly having fun but now I'm afraid SA will bring up the PP having fun quote. ;)

WM sold this job!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm listening to this right now. I LOVE Bob Diaco.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
I could be mistaken but I don't recall PP doing any national sports talkshow interviews during his entire tenure at UCONN. Diaco is creating some serious national buzz...
... wake up in the middle of the night, hit up TuneIn, BOOM ... UCONN Huskies football 13 time zones ahead of Storrs, CT. Diaco-isms!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Killed it. Wow!

Reaction Score
"Indispensable Man"
http://www.appleseeds.org/indispen-man_saxon.htm

Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the best qualified in the room,

Sometime when you feel that your going