Dan Orlovsky: “David Benedict Is A Schmuck” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Orlovsky: “David Benedict Is A Schmuck”

Reaction Score
Second ... Dave B has done a good job. HCRE here was a creative way to ease out of a Diaco deep hole - with promise. I’m ok with the one year Lashlee/Grimes experience ... the Offense was interesting and watchable; however, it seriously made the Defense exposed. HCRE will figure a decent way forward. The Hoop is not about Kevin Ollie regressing as much as the significant omissions of his work in all phases of a Bigtime Program. It’s a Mess ... but one that has a far harder fix than Diaco.

We are not at are low point - IMHO. We know how to hire good coaches and nurture a Program in many many sports - given our New England constraints. That moment when I had that sunk feeling that Diaco had no frogging clue; Ray Reid was drowning; and we lost Larrier + Gilbert in one few day period. That was the bottom. Baby steps from there. Plus Geno.

Reaction Score
The Hoop is not about Kevin Ollie regressing as much as the significant omissions of his work in all phases of a Bigtime Program. It’s a Mess ... but one that has a far harder fix than Diaco.

sure is a much harder fix than Fiasco

Reaction Score
Are there people out there who really think DB wouldn't fire Ollie yesterday if he had the money to do so? I seem to remember some people were wondering if we were gonna find 3 mil to buyout Diaco. We're talking 10 mil now. The BC game was moved from home to Fenway probably to help facilitate the Diaco buyout.

And how odd to here from a football guy like DO that we should be back playing in MSG. Does he realize if we are playing in the BE, that it is likely a result of us ending the football program - or putting it a crap conference?

And yet I can't imagine he'd make the comment about DB unless he's hearing some complaining from Edsall.

Maybe there some stuff behind the scenes that Benedict is doing that are douchey but on the surface, I can't really blame him for any of the crap that is going on right now. He dumped Diaco and if he was handed 10 mil he would have dumped KO probably by now. The guy isn't a magician.

Reaction Score
Or maybe he’s 100% right and each passing day makes Benedict look more inept.

Like the last Rockstar SusieLax gave us.
Curious to know why all of a sudden you think Benedict is inept? Does it have anything to do with Lashlee leaving?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Who am I going to side with?

A) CT guy, played at UConn, the NFL, and has been one of the more vocal supporters of UConn athletics in pro alum crowd.

or

B) AD Dave "This guy gets it because he sent out a few tweets" Benedict. The job of AD must be one of the absolutely overpaid positions in the world. I know a lot of it isn't his fault, but man, it's a sinking ship.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's the only (or even a reasonable) explanation. DO is a mouthpiece for Randy. If he's saying this, you can bet that there is conflict between Edsall and Benedict.
I was just going to say this.

Reaction Score
So Penders coached at URI and still follows the team - just saying for all the Hurley folks out there. Ironic, that's all...

Reaction Score
Thread title should be "kind of a schmuck"

DO doesn't think he's full on schmuck.

What if the author left out the rest of the quote???. "The AD is kind of a schmuck, but he's really X at something"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Curious to know why all of a sudden you think Benedict is inept? Does it have anything to do with Lashlee leaving?

There isn’t any one specific thing.

It’s the ongoing tirefires. The dead silence. The collapsing attendance.

Candidly the annoucement that they lowered ticket prices yesterday annoyed the crap out of me - they did no such thing. Either they are stupid or they think we are.

Based on what they did, Edsall may have put him in a tough spot by going public with the lower price plea.

Based on DO’s comments wouldn’t be surprised if it is a rift with Edsall and wouldn’t be surprised if Corey and their inability to make that go away is a big part of it.

I’m tired of supporting an athletic department that comes off as a mickey mouse organization at every turn.

Reaction Score
I was just going to say this.
He's not a mouthpiece for RE. I think their is more going on with Re and DO than people expect
If Re really wanted DO around don't you think he would have or could have made that happen with DB
or would RE not want to have DO around for fear that if the program started scoring points and doing good things it would be a repeat of when DO was a bigger name than Re. just sayin

Also, I'm certian he has been offered jobs on the pro, D1 and D2 level but I think his podcast are starting to take off!

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
So Penders coached at URI and still follows the team - just saying for all the Hurley folks out there. Ironic, that's all...
He probably follows the team because he played baseball and basketball at UConn.

As it relates to DO’s comments, the thing that bothers me is the radio silence from the AD leadership over the last few months. The basketball team is awful and getting worse. There are no signs that they’re is a game plan with the program. Have the former players abandoned the program instead of rallying around KO? What is the plan and why should I feel that there is hope? My brother calls me the biggest UConn fan that he know, but I am getting apathetic about basketball. Something needs to change.

At least, Randy has me feeling optimistic about the future of the football program. He is visible and has reengaged former players from his last stint to this program.

Reaction Score
He's not a mouthpiece for RE. I think their is more going on with Re and DO than people expect
If Re really wanted DO around don't you think he would have or could have made that happen with DB
or would RE not want to have DO around for fear that if the program started scoring points and doing good things it would be a repeat of when DO was a bigger name than Re. just sayin

Also, I'm certian he has been offered jobs on the pro, D1 and D2 level but I think his podcast are starting to take off!

I know who you are, but your take on Randy not wanting him to steal his shine is silly.

Reaction Score
When Dan O wakes up in Minnesota and takes a handful of Advil, I’m sure he’ll clarify... ;)

... this isn’t going to just fade away.

Great..........because it doesn't get more stupid than talking to the media after you had few.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

God I love the Boneyard

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I’m tired of supporting an athletic department that comes off as a mickey mouse organization at every turn.

Yesterday they emailed the men's hockey season ticket holders about a really great postgame event tonight with an autograph session.

Four hours later, they emailed them again to announce the earlier email was a mistake and there is no such event.

Thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
really and truly unnecessary...wait until the KO situation is resolved at least. is there some decision Dan would have made different than DB in the last 2 yrs? the football program has hope - what more can one ask for after basically a decade of pasqualoni/diaco

Reaction Score
Man that was dissapointing. Hoping he issues an apology, keep it in house Dan, calling the ad a schmuck in a public forum does nothing. (I am not opining on whether the ad is in fact a schmuck).

Will also add that Dan O is a legend and the single biggest recruit in UCONN football history. Hate that their appears to be a fracture in his relationship to UCONN.

I also believe, like some, by the tone of the quote, that the comments stemmed from something that happened recently. He was gung ho UCONN very recently.

Reaction Score
Yesterday they emailed the men's hockey season ticket holders about a really great postgame event tonight with an autograph session.

Four hours later, they emailed them again to announce the earlier email was a mistake and there is no such event.

Thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Thinking about it today, they do have a away game against Brown on Saturday. Game would end around 9:30. 1-2 hr autograph session.
Bus ride back to storrs. Players wouldn't get back until 12-1.

Reaction Score
What does it matter since it looks like DB is out, anyway? After words like this, I don't see how DB stays.

Penders for AD would not be a bad idea. I would say he's our best option right now, if he wants the AD job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom