Boyle- Update: Transfers to EKU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boyle- Update: Transfers to EKU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I heard at EKU how will be competing with Kivon Taylor and Richard Lagow for the starting role.

Reaction Score
Thanks Mr. Boyle for giving it your all. Best of luck on a great future.

Reaction Score
Interesting choice, EKU just brought in the new head coach in Dec and he is naming assistants still. Not sure of what the incoming class looks like but they do graduate two QBs both the starter and #2.
Two left on the roster with one being voted in his RS season future offensive player of the year. One strange tidbit, they only had four home games this year. I wish Tim luck and a bright future....
http://www.ekusports.com/

Reaction Score
I don't know if you graduate in three years if you can transfer to FBS and play immediately. I had a feeling the answer is no and I figure Marinan is talking FBS when he is saying pay 2 years to get one.

If you graduate in three you can transfer and play right away and assuming you red shirted in one of your three years, you still have two years to play.

Boyle only has one year of actual eligibility left. He has the option of playing next year (if an FCS School) and then be done or red shirt and then play. That would be his fourth year of playing eligibility. Everyone coming out of high school has four years of playing football with the option to sit a year (red shirt) take five years to play your four years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you graduate in three you can transfer and play right away and assuming you red shirted in one of your three years, you still have two years to play.

Boyle only has one year of actual eligibility left. He has the option of playing next year (if an FCS School) and then be done or red shirt and then play. That would be his fourth year of playing eligibility. Everyone coming out of high school has four years of playing football with the option to sit a year (red shirt) take five years to play your four years.

Yes no kidding. Thanks so much.

Reaction Score
Just pointing out how flawed picking 1 statistic to base a judgement on can be. If he's leaving you don't need to kick him on the way out.
iS there any statistic to bold that he could be proud of? Other than being the relief pitcher that managed the win over houston

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just pointing out how flawed picking 1 statistic to base a judgement on can be. If he's leaving you don't need to kick him on the way out.

I think I went out of the way to explain that I wasn't trying to disrespect Tim Boyle as a person in any way. There isn't just one poor stat, either. The TD/INT ratio just so happens to be the most eye-popping of a series of poor stats. I'd challenge you to find one statistic that would leave one to believe that he was a good quarterback on the field. It doesn't seem fair that just because someone is a good person they become immune from any kind of criticism or analysis of their on-field performance. If I'm not mistaken, places like the Boneyard exist largely for that exact reason--as a place for people to exchange ideas/opinions about player and team performance.

Reaction Score
I think I went out of the way to explain that I wasn't trying to disrespect Tim Boyle as a person in any way. There isn't just one poor stat, either. The TD/INT ratio just so happens to be the most eye-popping of a series of poor stats. I'd challenge you to find one statistic that would leave one to believe that he was a good quarterback on the field. It doesn't seem fair that just because someone is a good person they become immune from any kind of criticism or analysis of their on-field performance. If I'm not mistaken, places like the Boneyard exist largely for that exact reason--as a place for people to exchange ideas/opinions about player and team performance.

If you are going to talk about how bad you feel a player is, it wouldn't hurt to add the unique circumstances that surrounded how he was used and how many coaches he had.

I would have loved to see how Boyle would have turned out with a RS year and one coaching staff.

I'd bet the house things would have turned out differently. He may not have been the next Dan O but the odds are good his stats would have been better.

See what I did there?

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Boyle - don't think he got a good shake here being thrown into the fire and all

That being said... After Football, a UConn degree is worth a lot more than one from EKU

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Boyle - don't think he got a good shake here being thrown into the fire and all

That being said... After Football, a UConn degree is worth a lot more than one from EKU

Yeah I bet nobody who hires people in Connecticut will know Tim Boyle and they will totally care his degree is from EKU instead of UConn.

Reaction Score
Boyle was a good QB coming out of one the top High School programs in Connecticut. Even in the face of the dumpster fire that UConn football was turning into under PP, he had the heart to try and give UConn a try. He paid his dues with PP and then during the transition period from PP to TJ to Diaco. That would be tough on anyone at any program. Best wishes to him in the future on and off the field.

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem fair that just because someone is a good person they become immune from any kind of criticism or analysis of their on-field performance .

Understood but good person or bad person, there just seems to be a point when it just becomes gratuitous.(just my opinion).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yea, but whats the point in doing it on his way out the door? No one said the only reason he didn't live up to the hype was because of how he was used. People are just pointing out he wasn't put into a good situation and wishing him luck in finding a better fit for him, just seems pointless to chime in with "yea but he would have sucked no matter what."

Reaction Score
Boyle was a good QB coming out of one the top High School programs in Connecticut. Even in the face of the dumpster fire that UConn football was turning into under PP, he had the heart to try and give UConn a try. He paid his dues with PP and then during the transition period from PP to TJ to Diaco. That would be tough on anyone at any program. Best wishes to him in the future on and off the field.

+1 Good luck to Tim and his family.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Boyle - don't think he got a good shake here being thrown into the fire and all.That being said... After Football, a UConn degree is worth a lot more than one from EKU

Have to question his advisors regarding finishing academics at a Top 20 tier public university (UConn) {and getting your undergrad degree}
versus transferring to a FCS school for one year..... being an employer-very strange move from a career viewpoint. I could see moving to a very good (Top) tier recognized FCS academic school (Fordham/Georgetown and a few others come to mind) but EKU???

...... maybe I just missed the point of attending a fabulous university and paying your academic dues for 3 years..... and the most important point of all- a degree from a great school (UConn) where you might eventually settle and live at some point in your life......

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Fair analysis.

Casey seemed to overcome it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the Nebrich type threads that might pop up about him should he excel at EKU.

No matter what, I wish the kid all the best. While we all might want to think that finishing with a UConn degree might be great, we have no idea what drives Boyle. He seems to just want to play football and if that means going to a FCS school to play out his final year, then so be it. I hope he tears it up and gets to start. He had his opportunities here and it never worked out. I hope he does well wherever life may take him beyond football.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the Nebrich type threads that might pop up about him should he excel at EKU.

No matter what, I wish the kid all the best. While we all might want to think that finishing with a UConn degree might be great, we have no idea what drives Boyle. He seems to just want to play football and if that means going to a FCS school to play out his final year, then so be it. I hope he tears it up and gets to start. He had his opportunities here and it never worked out. I hope he does well wherever life may take him beyond football.

The difference is Boyle was given a chance, tried, and didn't perform well. Nebrich was buried on the depth chart from day one...by a baffoon.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The difference is Boyle was given a chance, tried, and didn't perform well. Nebrich was buried on the depth chart from day one...by a baffoon.
Don't really care about the difference honestly. I'm not debating any of that.

Just saying that we all know the BY well and as soon as Boyle does well and whoever our QB is struggles, there will be calls for someone, likely the coach, head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom