Boyle- Update: Transfers to EKU | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Boyle- Update: Transfers to EKU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There's no reason Boyle can't beat out Mauk. It's moot at this point anyways. EKU returns their starter from 2015. So unless either Mauk or Boyle shine like the sun in fall camp, they are competing for #2. At least Boyle has the opportunity to redshirt, although he would be able to play immediately with the change to FCS. Mauk already redshirted.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There's no reason Boyle can't beat out Mauk. It's moot at this point anyways. EKU returns their starter from 2015. So unless either Mauk or Boyle shine like the sun in fall camp, they are competing for #2. At least Boyle has the opportunity to redshirt, although he would be able to play immediately with the change to FCS. Mauk already redshirted.
Weird, why did EKU take on 2 QB transfers who were both technically seniors with a returning starting QB? Boyle must be redshirting, this is not looking good for him otherwise.

Reaction Score

Fun fact- EKU's starting QB is a former Cincinnati QB Bennie Coney. He was a 4 star recruit coming out of HS. He played 2 games in 2013, one against UConn where he played 5 snaps and had a pick and an INT returned for a TD. I believe Boyle also had the best game of his career that game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
While I doubt he was planning on sitting out a year I imagine (if Mauk wins the starters job) that he would red shirt and start a year down the road.

I guess he would, but doesn't that seem kinda ridiculous? At that point I feel like you'd just wanna cut your losses and get on with life rather than having a shot at playing one year of FCS ball. Crappy situation for him, but redshirting and spending another year in college just seems a bit much

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I can't believe you'd make this comment at this point in time. Just unbelievable.

Dont ever underestimated Pals ability to be doucheyness

Reaction Score
Dont ever underestimated Pals ability to be doucheyness

It's not only the timing and relevance (or lack thereof) of his post. We've seen enough of both Boyle and Whitmer on the field. Does anyone other than Pal think that Whitmer wasn't clearly the better QB?

Pal went from stating unequivocally that Boyle was better to then claim he never said that to now saying they were the same player. Beem me up Scotty.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It's not only the timing and relevance (or lack thereof) of his post. We've seen enough of both Boyle and Whitmer on the field. Does anyone other than Pal think that Whitmer wasn't clearly the better QB?

Pal went from stating unequivocally that Boyle was better to then claim he never said that to now saying they were the same player. Beem me up Scotty.

OT, but where have you been Serrano? Is it just me, or are you posting less?

Reaction Score
OT, but where have you been Serrano? Is it just me, or are you posting less?

It's a busy time of year for him right now. :rolleyes:

KC2004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member