Bouknight arrested? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a huge problem. Not his drinking or other nonsense. Those are bad enough. The problem is that more than half this board thinks either this is no big deal, or he is being picked on. And that has likely been happening all his adult life. At UConn he drove a car drunk, hit a sign then ran from the cops. No biggie. Sit out the Sacred Heart game. That will teach you. But while you’re out keep working on your jump shot! Maybe somebody this time says that’s enough! You aren’t THAT good that we are willing to put up with your crap. Enjoy life in the G league until your contract ends. Oh and maybe learn Greek on those bus rides. Because that is where you’ll be playing next year.

Reaction Score
Probably parked there prior to going out and returned to his vehicle after the night of drinking
The fact you even had to answer that is hilarious. And if that's the case then he should be applauded instead of hauled off to jail

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Even A-10's only have a 30 mm cannon, so JB having a 40 mm in his car would be a serious show of self defense capability!
Well, only if he was using depleted uranium

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If JB is reading the BY, what would his response be?

That said, I'm alarmed by reading the recorded speeds in three different zones for three instances that attracted enough attention to warrant three citations in the past year, prior to the current incident.

So much else here is speculative and conclusive in ways that confirm my sense that there are certain subjects here that reflect much more about the people making the comment than anything else.

I don't know the past or present facts fully enough to draw the conclusions that many here have, but the range of opinions do not surprise me. This current arrest has its own open questions.

I'm concerned for JB's safety & well-being, as well as the risks his reported behaviors pose to others. That's troubling enough as it is, and leaves me with no need to draw further conclusions. My only speculation is that many here with stronger opinions may have a more traumatic history with impaired driving than I do.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Odds Charlotte plays him tomorrow? That organization is such a dumpster fire that It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

I get the NBA is a business, but shame on them if he even sniffs the floor for the first few games. He should have to show real progress on & more importantly off the court before given that opportunity again. I think a Kemba return would be such a great fit from an accountability/culture perspective in Charlotte. Hope it happens & James can see how a fellow Husky/true pro conducts himself.

Reaction Score
Odds Charlotte plays him tomorrow? That organization is such a dumpster fire that It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

I get the NBA is a business, but shame on them if he even sniffs the floor for the first few games. He should have to show real progress on & more importantly off the court before given that opportunity again. I think a Kemba return would be such a great fit from an accountability/culture perspective in Charlotte. Hope it happens & James can see how a fellow Husky/true pro conducts himself.
He didn't hurt anybody. They'll play him until his legal situation resolves, at which point he'll be disciplined.

PJ Tucker got a 3 game suspension in 2014. Ty Lawson 2 games. KCP 2 games.

Reaction Score
Yes it Seems like this is a DUI he can actually beat in court. But he has big issues that could take a lot of time to resolve
You can beat pretty much every DUI in court at least I know you can in Illinois, you just have to pay a pretty hefty sum of money. There's plenty of lawyers whose only job is getting people off of DUI's.

His problem is all his other driving infractions, pattern of behavior. His gun permit is pending and there's no charge there.

Reaction Score
What's MJ doing over there in Charlotte? He needs to take him under his wing and teach him the only appropriate vice is gambling

Reaction Score
Reckless and/or impaired driving are among the most common ways that young men cry out for help. Throw in the gun, and it seems like he's practically begging people to grasp the obvious here. People don't pass out in the driver's seat of their own car in a god damn parking garage if they don't want to be noticed.

I'm not going to sit here and tell people to take it easy on a guy who's endangered others' with a pattern of reckless behavior, but at the same time I'll advise you to tread lightly with your judgement. We don't know when, where, or why he was doing this. Many suicides file as single car accidents, which often involve speeds well over the limit.

Is it possible he simply lacks intelligence or maturity? Sure. But I'm not really getting that vibe here. This feels more like Ben Gordon's issues from a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
I try not to be in the hot take business, but it's just disappointing to see the chain of events from Bouk. All the way back to the freshmen year "mistake" to his "incident" at our home game - to this...

I hope things straighten out for him, I thought that hiring Tripp was supposed to help avoid situations like this...

Truly hope this is the last of the transgressions, but that being said, I hope he gets help if he needs it.

Reaction Score

That said, I'm alarmed by reading the recorded speeds in three different zones for three instances that attracted enough attention to warrant three citations in the past year, prior to the current incident.

So much else here is speculative and conclusive in ways that confirm my sense that there are certain subjects here that reflect much more about the people making the comment than anything else.

I don't know the past or present facts fully enough to draw the conclusions that many here have, but the range of opinions do not surprise me. This current arrest has its own open questions.

I'm concerned for JB's safety & well-being, as well as the risks his reported behaviors pose to others. That's troubling enough as it is, and leaves me with no need to draw further conclusions. My only speculation is that many here with stronger opinions may have a more traumatic history with impaired driving than I do.

Bo Diddley is from another generation.

Wonder if JB ever heard of him, or ever heard the song?

Song might reflect his response if he knew the song. If he reads the BY, now he will know the song.

Reaction Score
You almost have to try to get arrested like that 4 times in one year. I hope he trades liquor for soda pop and soon.

Better yet he needs to trade immaturity for maturity. The kid needs help and I hope he finally realized it. If he didn’t there will be much worst coming in his future.

Reaction Score
Even A-10's only have a 30 mm cannon, so JB having a 40 mm in his car would be a serious show of self defense capability!
M79 Grenade Launcher , aka "Thumper", fired a 40mm round. Nasty..........best buddy in the boonies.

Reaction Score
M79 Grenade Launcher , aka "Thumper", fired a 40mm round. Nasty..........best buddy in the boonies.
Love that. If you're not a gun guy, saying his gun was 40mm is like saying he's 6.7 meters tall.
Sweet gun that compact Glock 40 S&W good for Bouk for not going for the run-of-the-mill 9mm

Reaction Score
I live in Mecklenburg County. The courts here do not mess around with traffic violations. I got ticketed for going 43 in a 35. I showed up to the court date because I didn’t want the points on my license. To no avail; got the point and incurred $200 in court costs. There’s a chance he does time.

Thats crazy, in CT just by showing up to court you can basically get any ticket thrown out.

I had just bought a brand new car about a week earlier and quickly got a speeding ticket for 98 mph in a 65. I opted to go to traffic court and before I even said a word at the bench they offered to reduce it to a $35 moving violation. Instead of accepting I requested "To make a donation to charity in lieu of charges".

The prosecutor (or whoever the court representative was) yelled at me for having the audacity to ask because I could've been arrested, but I just repeated "I'd like to make a charitable donation in lieu of charges". A 300 dollar donation to charity later and its like it never happened.

Reaction Score
Challenge Cant See GIF by Tennis Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member