Bouknight arrested? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He blew a .14, obviously over the limit to drive but that's not crazy high or anything. None of his actions match up to that BAC. I'm guessing he was on other stuff or he's totally lost his mind.

A 0.14 is certainly not unconscious in your car for an hour, despite airhorns and a ring of cops territory. And definitely DEFINITELY not wake up and smash into a bunch of cars territory.

Kid was on some kind of narcotic.

Hopefully someone in his circle can get him into rehab.

Reaction Score
How many chances does he get before that happens?
He has nothing to redeem except his career and reputation. The news I read is disturbing. He needs some help, maybe a mentor or something. Nba is a man’s league. When you are away from the team they don’t give, or expect, support. Many of his teammates have wives and family. It can be quite alienating. He probably needs some friends.

If they tried for an hour to wake him up, he may have had a sedative to go with it. Very dangerous.

In any sense, he needs some therapy, a financial advisor to make sure he doesn’t spend any of his money, and maybe needs to take some time away from hoops. He is obviously suffering from some issues.

Reaction Score
You can make out the tattoo he has on his left hand. Obviously doesn't mean it's him... but honestly, TMZ is rarely wrong despite how scummy they are.
Agreed. I often want to dismiss their stories as a bit sensationalized, but they somehow are largely accurate.

Reaction Score
A 0.14 is certainly not unconscious in your car for an hour, despite airhorns and a ring of cops territory. And definitely DEFINITELY not wake up and smash into a bunch of cars territory.

He's lucky to be alive. You have a gun in your hand and don't obey police commands and then ram into their police cruisers, you should kind of expect them to shoot at you. From the information out there it sounds like the police did a good job here.

If he doesn't get help and change his life it's going to end up in tragedy.

Reaction Score
I knew one of James mentors here in Charlotte before he ironically got hired by another former UConn guy and he is a good dude. I believe Tripp came in shortly after that guy left. I know he was struggling to get through to James and was trying to get him more involved in community outreach but couldn’t quite make that happen. Charlotte has its issues for sure, certainly with their product and ownerships inability to put a winning culture in place. But the people I know over there are good people and mean well. I know Borrego gets a bad wrap but he was a good dude (as is Cliff) and did development some talent over there.

I hate seeing it play out like this. You can still support the guy while acknowledging that tough boundaries are and should be in place for him. That’s not enabling, that’s being supportive. I’m not really sure what’s next for him and I don’t really like to speculate on if different environments would’ve changed this. The Hornets might be a dumpster fire but still some good people over there. I’ll still pull for him and that he’s able to turn this around for himself and the people who care about him.

Reaction Score
He has nothing to redeem except his career and reputation. The news I read is disturbing. He needs some help, maybe a mentor or something. Nba is a man’s league. When you are away from the team they don’t give, or expect, support. Many of his teammates have wives and family. It can be quite alienating. He probably needs some friends.

If they tried for an hour to wake him up, he may have had a sedative to go with it. Very dangerous.

In any sense, he needs some therapy, a financial advisor to make sure he doesn’t spend any of his money, and maybe needs to take some time away from hoops. He is obviously suffering from some issues.
Thought he had the guy from UConn was acting as his personnel manager

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He blew a .14, obviously over the limit to drive but that's not crazy high or anything. None of his actions match up to that BAC. I'm guessing he was on other stuff or he's totally lost his mind.

Now go back in time from the time he blew to the time he got in the car and you are most likely around .20 which is obliterated and 2.5 times the legal limit. I have little doubt James likes the booze and I don't think it's a wild accusation to say he a borderline functioning alcoholic. I do know for a fact about 4 shots of tequila (assuming standard size shot glass) doesn't get a man his size anywhere near a .14.

Reactions: THC

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Now go back in time from the time he blew to the time he got in the car and you are most likely around .20 which is obliterated and 2.5 times the legal limit. I have little doubt James likes the booze and I don't think it's a wild accusation to say he a borderline functioning alcoholic. I do know for a fact about 4 shots of tequila (assuming standard size shot glass) doesn't get a man his size anywhere near a .14.
He bring up a good point about his size and how much booze this must have taken. The dude is like 6’5” 200.

Reaction Score
FYI. I didn't know so I looked it up.
Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 2.28.29 PM.png

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

100% this. This story does not match up with "four shots of tequila." It's lean, or a narcotic, or who knows what.

Get this kid some help if you can, NBA...

Reaction Score
Security would have noticed quickly that there's a car blocking access to their garage. Alcohol takes a while to metabolize and stays in your system a long time. A .14 for him would probably be around 6 standard drinks. People handle booze differently but it would be shocking to me if it was just booze in his system. That doesn't add up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I fear he has depression issues. He is choosing the wrong medications in booze and pills. Very sad.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In CT, that's almost twice the legal limit. About 8 drinks.

Reaction Score
100% this. This story does not match up with "four shots of tequila." It's lean, or a narcotic, or who knows what.

Get this kid some help if you can, NBA...
I don't like to bring up things I've heard, but I have heard several scary Bouknight stories that all involve alcohol. I haven't ever heard about hard drugs....but I don't know.

Reaction Score
I don't like to bring up things I've heard, but I have heard several scary Bouknight stories that all involve alcohol. I haven't ever heard about hard drugs....but I don't know.

I've blown well over a 0.14 in those breathalizers they use in some bars and haven't been remotely close to being unconscious, let alone being unable to wake up from air horns.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's just a really deep sleeper. I'm seen people sleep through crazier things than an air horn thats outside a car

Reaction Score
How is a car running and in drive for over an hour with someone passed out in the driver's seat not moving? Something doesn't add up.

Reaction Score
In CT, that's almost twice the legal limit. About 8 drinks.
i have a relative who is a lawyer and a big uconn fan. here is what he said about bouk blowing 0.14:

"Interesting. In a 200 pound man 0.08 which is the Connecticut limit is maybe 3 standard drinks in an hour—2 you’re OK, 3 you’re on the line, 4 you’re over. I think it is linear so to get to 0.14 maybe you need 5 or 6. 0.14 is quite drunk. The old DUI limit in Connecticut was 0.15, but I am feeling there may have been something else involved if he was so smashed they couldn’t wake him."

Reaction Score
How is a car running and in drive for over an hour with someone passed out in the driver's seat not moving? Something doesn't add up.
Know a few people this has happened to. Not impossible and a tricky situation to get the car in park without waking/startling them and having them hit the gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom