Bouknight arrested? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with the designation (I read that Clifford wants to list him as active so that the DNP sends a stronger message - frankly, I don't think the organization's role in the matter should be to discipline him at this point, anyways.)

My issue is that so many people - including Clifford, apparently - seem to be content filing this under the category of immaturity or young people being stupid, as if it's something that can be solved with some tough love and a DNP. It's the complete wrong lens.

On the other hand, he's a professional. If I have a drug or alcohol problem, my boss doesn't do a damn thing to help me. That's up to my family and friends. I don't see why anyone in the organization really owes Bouk any kind of personal counseling.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Bouk is so lucky this was in open permitless carry N.C. and not CT or NY.

Also, Hornets up 20!? Bouk is in! Great sign he’s playing.
Relax Bouk is Ofer so far. Hope is team might be giving him some grief

Reaction Score
On the other hand, he's a professional. If I have a drug or alcohol problem, my boss doesn't do a damn thing to help me. That's up to my family and friends. I don't see why anyone in the organization really owes Bouk any kind of personal counseling.

Because professional athletes don't live in the same world as you and I, plus your employer hasn't invested millions of dollars into you (unless you make that kind of money, and if so, kudos to you). Professional sports teams try to be all-encompassing when it comes to helping their young players. Financial seminars to dieticians to mentorships.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don’t know who you worked for but when I managed employees in my company we had required training in what to do with employees with abuse problems. Family and friends unfortunately can be the worst enablers. I found that out the hard way. Addicts need to find bottom some never do

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with the designation (I read that Clifford wants to list him as active so that the DNP sends a stronger message - frankly, I don't think the organization's role in the matter should be to discipline him at this point, anyways.)

My issue is that so many people - including Clifford, apparently - seem to be content filing this under the category of immaturity or young people being stupid, as if it's something that can be solved with some tough love and a DNP. It's the complete wrong lens.

Edit: I guess he did play.

We don’t know nearly enough to say he is an alcoholic or a druggie or suicidal or just immature. You have no reason to determine that Clifford is looking through the wrong lens because none of us know anything about him.

Reaction Score
Over the years I have often commented how pleased I would be/have been to have one of my sons date any of the UConn women's basketball players.

On the other hand, my daughter dating some of the men's players?

Reaction Score
I don’t know who you worked for but when I managed employees in my company we had required training in what to do with employees with abuse problems. Family and friends unfortunately can be the worst enablers. I found that out the hard way. Addicts need to find bottom some never do

I was a teacher and work as a kind of admin now. If it doesn't affect your work, no one gives a what you do in your free time. Plenty of staff have substance abuse problems.

Obviously sports teams are different. Players are multi-million $ investments. But I wouldn't blame them if they told Bouk to figure it out on his own and cut their losses.

Reaction Score
Over the years I have often commented how pleased I would be/have been to have one of my sons date any of the UConn women's basketball players.

Seriously? You're making one blanket statement about "some" of the men's basketball players? Is "some" more than one? You know what that's called, don't you?

I don't know why some people think they need to post every stupid comment that enters their brain.

Reaction Score

In her phuckin dreams pal

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was a teacher and work as a kind of admin now. If it doesn't affect your work, no one gives a what you do in your free time. Plenty of staff have substance abuse problems.

Obviously sports teams are different. Players are multi-million $ investments. But I wouldn't blame them if they told Bouk to figure it out on his own and cut their losses.
As a manager my job only was to determine how work was affected. Shouldn’t denigrate that by saying employer doesn’t care about the person. I did. Usually with addicts the job performance goes first. Next comes family and finally themselves. Bouk doesn’t have a wife or kids but his job performance is not good.

Reaction Score
Beyond the potential to do harm to himself and others there is the ancillary factor of how he is not taking his profession seriously. He is competing w/ world class athletes. Developing and caring for the body that he was blessed with sometimes defines success. He is on a bad path and needs intervention. Sometimes 20+ year olds just can’t handle the $$ they have.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What even was that? He just stood in the corner every possession.

Now hes out of the game? Is he injured? Looked hobbled.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Hornets still have their starters in up 44 with 4 minutes left lol. Which makes no sense because they have a slew of young guys vying for spots in the rotation.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Bouknight 0-5. He just doesn’t work hard enough off the ball and settles for his mechanically good but inconsistent jump shot too much.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We don’t know nearly enough to say he is an alcoholic or a druggie or suicidal or just immature. You have no reason to determine that Clifford is looking through the wrong lens because none of us know anything about him.
I think we know enough that he may be all four

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What even was that? He just stood in the corner every possession.

Now hes out of the game? Is he injured? Looked hobbled.
He was seeing three baskets. Not good.

:confused::confused:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Bouknight 0-5. He just doesn’t work hard enough off the ball and settles for his mechanically good but inconsistent jump shot too much.
Unfortunately you may be more concerned about the mechanics of Bouks shot than he is. I hope you, Charlotte and he see that and get him some help

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game on league pass and I’m pretty sure the only reason Bouk went in was because Cody Martin got injured 1 minute into the game. Cliff had already says he was playing a 10 man rotation tonight and Bouk was the 11th guy. Meaning DSJ and Thor were ahead of him, two guys he should be ahead of. Only thing I’m not sure of is if he was ahead of them before this incident or not.

Either way, he really blew it. Cliff really likes Bouk, or did like him. Hopefully this doesn’t completely change that for him. I’m hoping for the best but I’m not too optimistic. And I agree he needs help…this is one of 4 vehicle incidents, a couple of them being in the last month. Plus like others have mentioned, seems he’s alcohol dependent and who knows what else.

I’m a huge fan of Bouk myself and I’m pretty depressed about it. Such a golden opportunity, I really hope it’s early enough in his career that he can somehow still turn it around. Might have to be for another team eventually though, feels like the hornets have just kind of given up on him after this incident (just my gut feeling).

Reaction Score

He's shooting 22% from the field and 13% from 3 between preseason and the start of the regular season. 6 games. He needs to shape up FAST or he's going to be playing in a Lithuanian high school gym before long.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Why couldn't she date one of the women's players?

:):)
'Why couldn't she date one of the women's players?'
germane, ad rem, felicitous.
now, that's pithy.

'He was seeing three baskets.'
scurrilous, vitriolic, derogatory.
a cheap shot.

ur avatar is a beer can.
iifn u went 2 for 2, i would have said something nicer, and not mentioned that ur avatar is a beer can.

general observation: howcum the coppers hung around for an hour, and didn't bash a window in early, say 15 minutes in or so? i don't get that part. you know, unconscious, unresponsive, gun, all that.
seems weird. an hour?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bouk gettin good run with the starters. Shot looked great but didn’t fall. Looks more confident in his shot going right up instead of hesitating.

Doug Mcdermott might be the most well coached basketball player I have ever seen. Never makes mistakes.

Bouknight with a nice assist.
might need to test your BAC level

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Relax Bouk is Ofer so far. Hope is team might be giving him some grief
what are u so mad about to post this junk?
'Relax Bouk is Ofer so far. Hope is team might be giving some grief.'

why on earth would you be harshing on him like this? does he owe u money?
'Hope is team might be giving some grief.'
are you drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member