Bouknight arrested? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Based on what? He played college basketball at UConn and not Syracuse?
Really, isn’t that enough?

To me from interviews and quotes etc. he seemed like a quiet, pleasant, soft-spoken kid. Yes, he started off his career with an issue but so did Rashad Anderson who seemed like a good kid to me too.

CL82

Reaction Score
I guess you need to define "issue". What Rashad did wasn't an "issue".
Law-enforcement apparently thought otherwise. I don’t want to get into some pointless equivalency debate though.

Reaction Score
Really, isn’t that enough?

To me from interviews and quotes etc. he seemed like a quiet, pleasant, soft-spoken kid. Yes, he started off his career with an issue but so did Rashad Anderson who seemed like a good kid to me too.
Rashad pulled a dumb prank. Bouknight was drinking, stole a girl's car, crashed it, tried to restart the car to drive away on the cops, and then ran on the cops.

You don't want to get into an equivalency debate then don't bring up them both starting with an "issue."

Reaction Score
Well many opinions have changed on this topic because I remember when i got friggin hammered here for suggesting the kid had maturity issues and should dedicate himself to his craft of being a professional basketball player after his foolishness at the game last year. The young man needs to grow up he’s making millions of dollars to play a game

Hope he figures it out because the clock is ticking.

I personally got the message when i was told “you have to face the fact that you might have to spend so serious time in jail.” Mine was nothing to do with DWI

Reaction Score
Law-enforcement apparently thought otherwise. I don’t want to get into some pointless equivalency debate though.
Then you shouldn’t have even brought up Rashad’s name in the context of the Bouknight situation. They are worlds apart. Rent a cop Scott Sleeman thought otherwise, and he was mighty wrong to arrest Rashad. Read Some Guy’s only stellar column in the last 20 years and you might think twice about mentioning Rashad here.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'll never understand how all these guys don't have their own personal driver for when they go out. When I was a kid my dad's best friend in NYC had his own personal driver for when he went out on the town and he had nowhere near NBA money, it would cost peanuts to an NBA player.
Every NBA playa needs a Jerome.

1666062720090.png

CL82

Reaction Score
Then you shouldn’t have even brought up Rashad’s name in the context of the Bouknight situation. They are worlds apart. Rent a cop Scott Sleeman thought otherwise, and he was mighty wrong to arrest Rashad. Read Some Guy’s only stellar column in the last 20 years and you might think twice about mentioning Rashad here.

Yeah, I said that I thought he was a good kid, I stand by that.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
have sum.

10 Athletes with Notable and Insane Drinking Habits
The Heaviest Drinkers in Sports History
Top 15 Hilarious Pics Of Drunk NBA Stars
Mickey Mantle's Drinking Stories Put Even the Heaviest Drinkers to Shame

let's see here, mickey mantle, dirk, mj, ..... and a whole pantload more of players that some of u may idolize. looks like ol charlie v, he of UConn championship pedigree, is in one of these stories. i like charlie v. and don't think less of him for doing silly kid drunk stuff.
not to endorse james' behavior, he's got to do better, but just to remind the sanctimonius among u, well, (leaves to cyber search and scan pix from ur teen/college/20s era .....)

i don't like alcohol. never did as it tastes bad, and messes u up.
a lot of folks do, and manage it well enough. some abuse it, for a variety of reasons. i don't know those reasons.

all i know is that james is a young man with a pocket full of cash, living in a world where colleagues drink all the time. i certainly hope that he doesn't make it to a story like wade boggs, where he supposedly drank 64 beers on a cross country flight. mantle hit homers drunk off of his keyster, and often started his day with kahlua, brandy, and cream. many in all sports were/are drug addicts, like many here with their 'doctor approved' scrips. here, have sum oxy's. they're the good kind, old school where they don't turn to jelly when u crush them to snort them.
prince valium is the easiest royalty to find, prolly in the 'medicine cabinet' right now.

on the udder hand, i ain't psycobabbling on any of them.
they just drink too much. aboot 6 thousand or so years since we've been wearing pants, and each and every one of them has funny, or sad, stories where someone whizzed in their trousers or skirt, cuz they drank too much, like Alexander the Lush. he died from it.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Reaction Score
have sum.

let's see here, mickey mantle, dirk, mj, ..... and a whole pantload more of players that some of u may idolize. looks like ol charlie v, he of UConn championship pedigree, is in one of these stories. i like charlie v. and don't think less of him for doing silly kid drunk stuff.
not to endorse james' behavior, he's got to do better, but just to remind the sanctimonius among u, well, (leaves to cyber search and scan pix from ur teen/college/20s era .....)

a lot of folks do, and manage it well enough. some abuse it, for a variety of reasons. i don't know those reasons.

all i know is that james is a young man with a pocket full of cash, living in a world where colleagues drink all the time. i certainly hope that he doesn't make it to a story like wade boggs, where he supposedly drank 64 beers on a cross country flight. mantle hit homers drunk off of his keyster, and often started his day with kahlua, brandy, and cream. many in all sports were/are drug addicts, like many here with their 'doctor approved' scrips. here, have sum oxy's. they're the good kind, old school where they don't turn to jelly when u crush them to snort them.
prince valium is the easiest royalty to find, prolly in the 'medicine cabinet' right now.

they just drink too much. aboot 6 thousand or so years since we've been wearing pants, and each and every one of them has funny, or sad, stories where someone whizzed in their trousers or skirt, cuz they drank too much, like Alexander the Lush. he died from it.

You completely missed the point. It's not his drinking, it's the drunk driving and driving 50 miles over the speed limit multiple times in a year. If he gets hammered and gets an Uber home, it's a non story.

Reaction Score
Lol “The implication?” Isn’t that a tacit acknowledgment that it was never said?
My guess is it was said but I really don’t feel like going back through two year old threads to make sure. Doesn’t really matter though, it was always pretty clear that saying he’s not ready and should return for another year means that extra year would make him more ready somehow. Not sure why you think that’s a controversial point. “He’s not mature enough and should return, but I don’t think he’ll mature anymore in that extra year” would be a pretty stupid point of view.

CL82

Reaction Score
Rashad pulled a dumb prank. Bouknight was drinking, stole a girl's car, crashed it, tried to restart the car to drive away on the cops, and then ran on the cops.

You don't want to get into an equivalency debate then don't bring up them both starting with an "issue."
Lol, but I’m not in equivalency debate and I never said they were equivalent. But you know that.

What I did say was that both guys started out with an issue and went on to be positive contributors to the team, and were “good kids” as far as their tenure with the team. I still believe that.

Sorry not sorry.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My guess is it was said but I really don’t feel like going back through two year old threads to make sure. Doesn’t really matter though, it was always pretty clear that saying he’s not ready and should return for another year means that extra year would make him more ready somehow. Not sure why you think that’s a controversial point. “He’s not mature enough and should return, but I don’t think he’ll mature anymore in that extra year” would be a pretty stupid point of view.

The whole looking back and saying he needed another year in college assumes he would have more nurturing and oversight in college which would lead to modifying his behaviors than he ended up getting his first year in the pros. I don't know if that is true or a certainty.

Reaction Score
He was making unfortunate headlines off the court while he was here
He’ll be making headlines in court instead of on the court now. Sad. Many people saw this kind of stuff coming. Hoping he turns things around.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
have sum.

Swing and a miss. Long post for a sh!+ take

Bouk needs some serious help. This is a clear pattern of recklessness... 4 incidents now, and that's only the ones he was caught for. As others have stated, he's actually lucky the outcome of any of the incidents wasn't worse.

Hope he finds help fast but I'm fearful he hasn't hit rock bottom yet.

CL82

Reaction Score
The whole looking back and saying he needed another year in college assumes he would have more nurturing and oversight in college which would lead to modifying his behaviors than he ended up getting his first year in the pros. I don't know if that is true or a certainty.
Lol. You know what they say about assuming, right?

Isn’t it equally plausible that the poster just said he’s not ready today and should stick around another year?

In any event, given the kid the benefit of the doubt, even assuming that was an implied sub text, isn’t particularly offensive to me. It’s my natural inclination to believe people can grow and improve themselves, especially when they are in their 20s.

Shrugs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lol. You know what they say about assuming, right?

Isn’t it equally plausible that the poster just said he’s not ready today and should stick around another year?

In any event, given the kid the benefit of the doubt, even assuming that was an implied sub text, isn’t particularly offensive to me. It’s my natural inclination to believe people can grow and improve themselves, especially when they are in their 20s.

Shrugs.

I'm not sweating it either way. Not my clown, not my circus.

I don't think either side of the stay and mature or go and mature is a certainty for success or failure.

Reaction Score
Can our alums in the NBA start making positive headlines again?

You could see this coming for Bouknight a million miles away. Just a terrible mental makeup. You can see why his draft stock plummeted. He's not getting a dime in the league beyond the rookie contact.

Reaction Score
Can our alums in the NBA start making positive headlines again?

You could see this coming for Bouknight a million miles away. Just a terrible mental makeup. You can see why his draft stock plummeted. He's not getting a dime in the league beyond the rookie contact.
Being the man got to his head. Such an elite talent being wasted

Reaction Score
Never heard of it but will look into it if I get pulled over again. Cornelius, where I am, has the most aggressive police force I’ve ever seen when it comes to traffic violations.

Not much else to do in what amounts to a Mayberry sized place. I live in Huntersville myself.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You completely missed the point. It's not his drinking, it's the drunk driving and driving 50 miles over the speed limit multiple times in a year. If he gets hammered and gets an Uber home, it's a non story.
ok, ur right on the 'taking an uber' conclusion. no brainer, like all hindsight observations. that's why it's called 'hindsight.'
'missing the point?' hardly.
the op is 'bouknight arrested.' many historians describe all history as 'chance and circumstance.' i do too, sooooo all those others mentioned only had the good fortune to avoid being 'caught' if they subsequently chose to drive, like presumedly, many here, when afflicted with a bout of alcohol and knuckleheaditis.
there is a huge gap between being a moral reprobate and someone who just had the bad fortune of being caught by the law for activity, necessarily prosecuted for society's overall well being, yet so obviously common.
i save my moral outrage and butthurtitis for the ax murderer types.
all i know is james drank too much, pulled into a car park, and apparently tried to sleep it off. like, oh sooo many of us have done before.
here's a quote from another poster in this thread -'I drove drunk when I was young and stupid.'
Connecticut has recently lightened up on 'alcohol' punishments, prolly cuz throwing half the folks in jail for nonimpactful infractions would close the schools, the government, and the factories. and, obviously, all the pro sports and many college ones, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom