Bouknight arrested? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
4986F964-2534-4DFF-88F3-C529FBA42B67.png

Reaction Score
2 guns in the car, going 100 MPH in a southern state, while being tore up, that’s more than just dumb, that’s a PROBLEM
Only thing worse would've been if he had Northern license plates. Since he lives down there, probably not.

Reaction Score
He is a young guy who has a lot of runway ahead of him and I hope he has some good people around him to help. Best thing for Bouk to be cut and hope for a mature and structured organization like GS or SA to take a chance on him. Wish him the best…hope he gets it figured out

Reaction Score
My father WAS killed by a drunk driver, 3 days before my 11th birthday. Happy birthday kid. By an off duty police officer. Life does not necessarily go on. Care to reconsider your comment?
So sorry this happened to you. It's indescribably awful. I don't even know what to say about it other than that. Bouk is going to need some help here to get himself straightened out. I would hope this happens so he isn't a danger to other people or secondarily himself. Most people are redeemable if they make bad decisions early in their lives. Our society largely gives people second chances. I can only hope he latches on to a second chance here and makes the most of the immense opportunity he has in front of him and most importantly doesn't hurt anyone along the way.

Reaction Score
Sad to see it play out this way, it really is. He’s been having issues really since he got there. I said it awhile back but the phone call with MJ at summer league wasn’t about his play on the court, it was about what was happening off it. I still keep in touch with some of the guys that work over there with the Hornets and it’s been a major headache for the coaching staff(s) to handle the young players (Bridges, Bouk, Melo, and to a lesser degree now PJ). Borrego essentially set up an intervention with the staff to figure out what to do with these guys and for two of them, it hasn’t played out well at all. I thought maybe with Cliff coming in and moving past the Borrego issues, which there were tons, would help alleviate some of this. But doesn’t seem like it thus far. I’ll always pull for the young man, but he’s gotta get some help and people in his corner who can really support him. Not sure where the Hornets go from here.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sad to see it play out this way, it really is. He’s been having issues really since he got there. I said it awhile back but the phone call with MJ at summer league wasn’t about his play on the court, it was about what was happening off it. I still keep in touch with some of the guys that work over there with the Hornets and it’s been a major headache for the coaching staff(s) to handle the young players (Bridges, Bouk, Melo, and to a lesser degree now PJ). Borrego essentially set up an intervention with the staff to figure out what to do with these guys and for two of them, it hasn’t played out well at all. I thought maybe with Cliff coming in and moving past the Borrego issues, which there were tons, would help alleviate some of this. But doesn’t seem like it thus far. I’ll always pull for the young man, but he’s gotta get some help and people in his corner who can really support him. Not sure where the Hornets go from here.
Yeah, Bouk was pretty much the anti-Borrego ring leader amongst the young guys. Multiple altercations, many not widely reported, with Borrego including an incident where he had to be held back from hitting him. Bouk is very troubled and I hope he gets the help he needs. His conduct is embarrassing. He wasn’t ready to be a millionaire.

Reaction Score
Can't say I'm surprised. Kid never seemed to get it. Hope he turns it
My father WAS killed by a drunk driver, 3 days before my 11th birthday. Happy birthday kid. By an off duty police officer. Life does not necessarily go on. Care to reconsider your comment?
We install breathalyzers for the state of Florida and we have lots of people coming in for their 4/5th DUI, some people never get it and a lot of the repeat DUI customers are professional people making mega bucks who can afford Uber or a cab and they just don’t seem to care. It’s really unfortunate for the innocent people that get severely hurt or worse by these people. They pay a fine lose their license for a year and their right back at it and these people are in their 40/50’s.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Man - this is just so disappointing to read about. He clearly doesn't believe his actions have consequences. 4 reckless citations in 12-months?! it's a miracle no one has been hurt or worse.

God Bless him - I hope he gets the treatment that he needs to live a fulfilled life, regardless of whether or not that's in the NBA

Reaction Score
You almost have to try to get arrested like that 4 times in one year. I hope he trades liquor for soda pop and soon.

Reaction Score
Bouk needs to have some discussions with John Lucas who overcame addiction during his NBA career. He's now an assistant with the Rockets.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Malik Sealy and countless others. Basketball isn’t important right now James.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To be fair, the vast majority of the discussion around Bouknight's maturity issues were in the context of the handful of posters arguing that he should stay another year. The implication was absolutely that with another year, things would be better. I think it's pretty clear at this point that a) there were issues, and b) another year wouldn't have done a thing.
Lol “The implication?” Isn’t that a tacit acknowledgment that it was never said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom