Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Creighton adds another solid portal addition with multiple years of eligibility remaining.

The former #96 recruit of 2021 class, Johnathan Lawton was solid in his redshirt freshman season last year for Memphis.

The 6'6 190 wing played the 2 and 3 for Memphis, averaging 15.7 mpg, 41.3 3p% and 1.2a.

Creighton lacks guards, but they have a lot of talented wings, forwards and bigs.

Kalkbrenner, Scheierman, Miller and King return while they also added former #64 prospect from Virginia Isaac Traudt (6'10 230 with range).

Reaction Score

Creighton adds another solid portal addition with multiple years of eligibility remaining.

The former #96 recruit of 2021 class, Johnathan Lawton was solid in his redshirt freshman season last year for Memphis.

The 6'6 190 wing played the 2 and 3 for Memphis, averaging 15.7 mpg, 41.3 3p% and 1.2a.

Creighton lacks guards, but they have a lot of talented wings, forwards and bigs.

Kalkbrenner, Scheierman, Miller and King return while they also added former #64 prospect from Virginia Isaac Traudt (6'10 230 with range).

Lawson leaving Memphis (the family's previously designated college of choice)?
Is he the canary in the coal mine for Hardaway's career there or did he not live up to the family's level of ability and Hardaway suggested he'd not get much time on the floor?

Reaction Score
The guy leaves, then goes back. It feels like basketball is only a couple of years away from players changing teams midweek.
This happens a lot in the real world. If you can't establish a social circle (or basketball success) at your new school, makes a lot of sense to run it back.

Reaction Score

I'm not surprised w/ the Dingle-St. John's connection. When Penn played Iona, his family had a huge contingency in the arena and I remember reading an article about Dingle's "homecoming" (he's from Valley Stream, LI, just 25 miles from New Rochelle and 10 miles from Queens).

RJ Luis is talented player too: UMass Twitter got on my case when I underestimated his ability in a season preview (I wasn't impressed with his tape, but I ate crow) while I'd bet Ware is a much more realistic pickup in the frontcourt compared to their 5-star ambitions.

Overall, St. John's will be a very fun villain this season.

Reaction Score
So far..St Johns guard/wing signees ..Sean Conway/Daniss Jenkins/Cruz Davis/Nahiem Alleyne.. Maybe Dingle/Luis... Will be interesting to see how much PT Pitino finds for NA..

Edit: Glenn Taylor Jr

We would be in a much better place right now had NA hung around for his last year, too bad. Guessing if he was sure of Tristen and AJ there may have been a chance, but he wasn't into 15 minutes a game again. Well with Rick it could still happen unfortunately.

Reaction Score
So far..St Johns guard/wing signees ..Sean Conway/Daniss Jenkins/Cruz Davis/Nahiem Alleyne.. Maybe Dingle/Luis... Will be interesting to see how much PT Pitino finds for NA..

Edit: Glenn Taylor Jr
Glenn Taylor is going to be very good. Underheralded because he played on a turrible Oregon State squad, but lots of versatility in his offensive game.

Breakdown ability (45th best FTrate in the nation) played every backcourt position last year even at 6'6 190.

Reaction Score
This kind of silliness belongs in the “Non-key Tweets” thread. Either he has news or he doesn’t.
Considering that Joe Tipton is the harbinger of most key portal related twitter news, IMO, nothing wrong with an early morning tease before sharing the actual news.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
2nd part of the news today?

Kansas State transfer Ismael Massoud is headed to Georgetown for his fifth and final season, he told ZAGSBLOG.

Fordham fans were salivating at the chance to have Massoud start for them at the 4 after a visit two weeks ago.

The Harlem version of Tyler Polley will have an opportunity to play multiple times a year at MSG. Solid bench pickup.

Reaction Score
Fordham fans were salivating at the chance to have Massoud start for them at the 4 after a visit two weeks ago.

The Harlem version of Tyler Polley will have an opportunity to play multiple times a year at MSG. Solid bench pickup.

Kid can shoot it nice player off the bench

Reaction Score
He was kinda Big Shot Bob on their run, hit a lot of daggers. They were really fun to watch esp Nowell & his adoration for Kemba!

Reaction Score
More movement expected today. I'm heading out to the gym and then errands, so I expect this thread to be active by the time I'm back.
Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 9.12.24 AM.png

UConn commitment coming? I know Hurley likes to snipe stealthily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom