Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Considering that Joe Tipton is the harbinger of most key portal related twitter news, IMO, nothing wrong with an early morning tease before sharing the actual news.

Reaction Score
St. John’s adds another one. Their roster is shaping up quite nicely:

So Saint johns is having the most possible turnover and I for one have lost track of it, but that said are we looking at key pieces being this kid here, soriano, the oregon state kid, alleyne and then one of the Iona guys can play high level ball too? Other than that they have like 4 other guys I think who seem to be more depth pieces.... I am thinking he is still one difference maker away from thinking about the tournament next year

Reaction Score
Some other Big East news from yesterday.

After South Kent's Isaiah Watts decommitted, Seton Hall got an upgrade, adding Charleston decommit Isaiah Coleman from Word of God. 6'5 180 and ranked 110th on 247's composite. They need guards.

St. John's also added former Iona freshman Sadiku Ayo. Played more after injury woes and the 6'7 210 power wing showcased his motor/strength/athleticism.

Raw talent who probably won't play much this upcoming season, but held offers from Auburn, Seton Hall, St. John's, Nebraska and others out of HS.

Reaction Score
So Saint johns is having the most possible turnover and I for one have lost track of it, but that said are we looking at key pieces being this kid here, soriano, the oregon state kid, alleyne and then one of the Iona guys can play high level ball too? Other than that they have like 4 other guys I think who seem to be more depth pieces.... I am thinking he is still one difference maker away from thinking about the tournament next year
You sum it up pretty well. Here are my quick thoughts:

• Soriano is a very good big.
  • Taylor from Oregon State is a starter for sure. Good ability to attack the basket.
  • I really like Jenkins (Iona) and think he should translate his game well to the Big East and be, at least, close to a an average Big East PG.
  • Alleyne will be at least as impactful as he was here at UConn.
  • Slazinski played meaningful minutes at Louisville before going to Iona. A very versatile PF.
  • Luis has tons of potential. Very versatile wing who can contribute in literally everything on the court. Could start this year, but honestly has All-Big East team potential. High ceiling, but not the strongest floor.
  • Conway. Fairfield kid will be a shooter with size off the bench.
  • Davis. Iona transfer who was an Oregon State decomit. He'll backup Jenkins and has starter potential someday.
  • Dunlap. Lead dancer on the bench when big shots are made. But in all serious, people seem really high on him. Was a Notre Dame decommit.
  • Ayo. Energy two-way guy. Could backup PF this season.
  • Traore. Don't know much about him.
Again, I think they're an impact guard away from being a tournament team. Could use another big too as Slazinski (6'9 215) is their second biggest player.

Reaction Score

• Taylor from Oregon State is a starter for sure. Good ability to attack the basket.
  • I really like Jenkins (Iona) and think he should translate his game well to the Big East and be, at least, close to a an average Big East PG.
  • Slazinski played meaningful minutes at Louisville before going to Iona. A very versatile PF.
  • Luis has tons of potential. Very versatile wing who can contribute in literally everything on the court. Could start this year, but honestly has All-Big East team potential. High ceiling, but not the strongest floor.
  • Davis. Iona transfer who was an Oregon State decomit. He'll backup Jenkins and has starter potential someday.
  • Dunlap. Lead dancer on the bench when big shots are made. But in all serious, people seem really high on him. Was a Notre Dame decommit.
Again, I think they're an impact guard away from being a tournament team. Could use another big too as Slazinski (6'9 215) is their second biggest player.
Great summary.. Reading they have the lead on Dingle.. Do you agree?? Mgbako decision still up in air and I've heard about interest with Nelson-NDSU and Ware out of Kentucky.. Rick is runnin' out of room.

Reaction Score

This has the look of a team that could come together later in the season and be good (not great). Or they could completely unravel and crash and burn. I agree Soriano is a very nice piece.

Reaction Score
Great summary.. Reading they have the lead on Dingle.. Do you agree?? Mgbako decision still up in air and I've heard about interest with Nelson-NDSU and Ware out of Kentucky.. Rick is runnin' out of room.
Thanks.

I've heard good things on Dingle picking SJU. He's the impact guard that would catapult this team to a tournament team as then Alleyne wouldn't have to start and then St. John's would have a really good top-seven of Soriano, Dingle, Jenkins, Taylor, Luis, Slazinski and Alleyne.

I haven't heard anything w/ Nelson connected to SJU, but the fit makes a ton of sense as he could play the 4 and 5. I highly doubt Mgbako chooses SJU now and Ware makes sense.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

I've heard good things on Dingle picking SJU. He's the impact guard that would catapult this team to a tournament team as then Alleyne wouldn't have to start and then St. John's would have a really good top-seven of Soriano, Dingle, Jenkins, Taylor, Luis, Slazinski and Alleyne.

I haven't heard anything w/ Nelson connected to SJU, but the fit makes a ton of sense as he could play the 4 and 5. I highly doubt Mgbako chooses SJU now and Ware makes sense.
So Alleyne went to SJ to come off the bench anyway ? lol

Reaction Score
Thanks.

Supposedly Ware is waiting on Mgbako decision/choice before his CBB choice is made..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Coaching wise, St. Johns upgraded. Talent wise, it is much less clear. I see a bunch of transfers from mid, low, and bad high major programs.

Reaction Score
Now we can finally put the ridiculous notion that St John's was getting Mgbako to rest

August_West

Reaction Score
Now we can finally put the ridiculous notion that St John's was getting Mgbako to rest

I really thought St. John’s had a good shot

Reaction Score
I really thought St. John’s had a good shot
Pitino is a great coach but i just think it's tough to compete for that level of recruit after how far St John's has fallen. UConn and Dan Hurley have a tough time even pulling it off

Reaction Score

It's silly to call it ridiculous when it was one of the four schools he listed as being interested enough in to take visits was St Johns.. Call it a long shot because of St Johns recent history if you'd like.. But Pitino has NIL bags and roster openings..

What data have you gathered on Mgbako to qualify this notion as ridiculous other than Adam Z's recent info? LOL..

Reaction Score
It's silly to call it ridiculous when it was one of the four schools he listed as being interested enough in to take visits was St Johns.. Call it a long shot because of St Johns recent history if you'd like.. But Pitino has NIL bags and roster openings..

What data have you gathered on Mgbako to qualify this notion as ridiculous other than Adam Z's recent info? LOL..
He's not going to St John's, that's all the info needed. I never said he wouldn't consider St John's, or visit St John's, all I said was he wasn't going to pick St John's and he didn't

Reaction Score
He's not going to St John's, that's all the info needed. I never said he wouldn't consider St John's, or visit St John's, all I said was he wasn't going to pick St John's and he didn't
We agree .. Sounds like he's not going to St Johns

August_West

Reaction Score
Pitino is a great coach but i just think it's tough to compete for that level of recruit after how far St John's has fallen. UConn and Dan Hurley have a tough time even pulling it off
Not with a bag stuffed with Repoles cash. Mgbako angling for a one and done methinks, the combination of Pitino , NYC , and a Repole bag is pretty solid .

Reaction Score

Good summary! I believe SJU has been upgraded significantly since last year. Cumulative free throw shooting of kids coming in is almost 80% which should mean you’re going to see a very different sju team makeup.

As far as our needs go, you’re also correct. Rumor is that SJU expects to land Dingle possibly this week. I hope that stays the case. As far as another big, The big kid that just entered the portal from Kansas Zuby Ejiofor is visiting sun this weekend. Only names I’ve heard of are he and Ware out of UK, but it is believed that staff likes Ejiofor a lot, who was a top kid but buried under top talent this past year at KU.

Reaction Score
"I never said he wouldn't consider St John's, or visit St John's, all I said was he wasn't going to pick St John's and he didn't"

I guess we missed the post where you said he wasn't going to pick St. John's before he announced he wasn't going to pick them.

Reaction Score
"I never said he wouldn't consider St John's, or visit St John's, all I said was he wasn't going to pick St John's and he didn't"

I guess we missed the post where you said he wasn't going to pick St. John's before he announced he wasn't going to pick them.
I guess you did

IMG_1036.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member