Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Such a weird move for Posh Alexander to Butler, must have got a BAG.. Love the St. Johns kid, he's such a bulldog. I would have thought he could have dont better than Seton Hall.

Butler doesn’t have bags. They just held a fundraiser on their message board to try to help things along.

If you think I’m kidding, swing over there and check it out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Butler doesn’t have bags. They just held a fundraiser on their message board to try to help things along.

If you think I’m kidding, swing over there and check it out.

I would be surprised if they are not pulling in cash from the Indianapolis business community.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if they are not pulling in cash from the Indianapolis business community.

I’ve been told it’s the opposite. A surprisingly large part of their athletic community doesn’t think this new landscape is the way collegiate athletics should be and don’t want to participate in the arms race.

I do know there were articles in the Indianapolis Star during last season talking about them not even having a NIL presence just yet. I’ve also been told from a couple people who might know that it’s widely assumed they’re last in NIL in the conference, which wouldn’t be surprising because they’re also last in athletic department and mens basketball spending.

Reaction Score
Was hammered for suggesting Mgbako might consider St Johns as a choice a few weeks ago.."Could go anywhere why would he go there." Pitino has already had a home visit that went well and he's doing on- campus visit this weekend.

Would be interesting to have him in BE

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was hammered for suggesting Mgbako might consider St Johns as a choice a few weeks ago.."Could go anywhere why would he go there." Pitino has already had a home visit that went well and he's doing on- campus visit this weekend.

Would be interesting to have him in BE
Nowadays, five-star and potential one-and-done recruits like Mgbako have the widest variability of where they'd land.

It's almost like any logic you'd put behind recruiting is thrown away if a player is only sticking around for one year.

That being said, a New Jersey kid going to St. John's under Pitino for one year makes a ton of sense. I'm for it.

Reaction Score
It blows my mind that there are still people here fretting and stressing about our roster. Our coaching staff have proven that they know how to recruit HS and they know how to use the portal to optimize and fine-tune our roster.

Our shooting will be fine next year.

Reaction Score
Nowadays, five-star and potential one-and-done recruits like Mgbako have the widest variability of where they'd land.

It's almost like any logic you'd put behind recruiting is thrown away if a player is only sticking around for one year.

That being said, a New Jersey kid going to St. John's under Pitino for one year makes a ton of sense. I'm for it.

Spot on. Here’s some cherry picked info. The top player in the past 5 classes have went to USC, Oklahoma State, Gonzaga, Memphis and Arkansas. Of course the #2 guy in some of these classes go to Duke and UK but Ant Edwards went to UGA.

As long as we can get a competitive NIL we should have a shot.(which @JohnFSilver does not think is realistic and he knows more than me)

Reaction Score
Another example of how the portal is a living, breathing thing:

I've had the joy of watching Dingle play live last year when Penn visited Iona. Penn stunk that game, lost 78-50, but Dingle scored 16 points with 8-9 on the line (he was 0-7 from three), but I loved his tenacity and ability to break down the defense. He didn't look like a typical Ivy player.

Good size for a CG too at 6'3 195...and he does enough on offense to fit in either as a 1 or 2, depending on his teammates...love his versatility.

Last year, Dingle averaged 23.4p, 3.6r, 2.3a, 2.9 TO, 55.5 2p%, 2.8 3PM, 35.6 3p%, 6.0 FTA and 85.6 FT%.

A lot of his numbers are within national ranks:

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 9.50.09 AM.png

Excellent player and great kid.

Sign me up. Would be an excellent fit irregardless whether Newton returns or not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I've had the joy of watching Dingle play live last year when Penn visited Iona. Penn stunk that game, lost 78-50, but Dingle scored 16 points with 8-9 on the line (he was 0-7 from three), but I loved his tenacity and ability to break down the defense. He didn't look like a typical Ivy player.

Good size for a CG too at 6'3 195...and he does enough on offense to fit in either as a 1 or 2, depending on his teammates...love his versatility.

Last year, Dingle averaged 23.4p, 3.6r, 2.3a, 2.9 TO, 55.5 2p%, 2.8 3PM, 35.6 3p%, 6.0 FTA and 85.6 FT%.

View attachment 87849

Sign me up. Would be an excellent fit irregardless whether Newton returns or not.

At 23 PPG I'm assuming he was the guy that got all the defensive attention at Penn? Don't think I caught any of their games.

7.7 3PA per game on 35.6% being the sole focus of the defense is really good. Imagine what he could do if he wasn't the only guy defenses had to worry about? Part of the reason why Newton jumped up from 33% to 36% on threes this year

Don't love the 0.8 AST/TO ratio, but he wouldn't need to be a primary ballhandler if he came here with Castle running the show. 6'3 is short but with a 6'6 PG those two could swap defensive assignments as necessary

From Valley Stream (Long Island) as well. Quick LIRR ride right to MSG, definitely a selling point for the BE

I'm intrigued...

Reaction Score

View attachment 87849

Great fit.. One or two years of eligibility??

Reaction Score
I think his point is that there are players waiting to see who comes back before they enter the portal.
Portal deadline is 5/11 though...and guys have until 6/1 to pull their name from the draft.

Reaction Score
Loved Everett at PSA and posted about him here when I was watching Karaban vs PSA. He had Sanogo power even in high school with a big butt that created space. He will be an impact rebounder for Seton Hall and even more if he has had any development. At PSA they had a 3 center rotation, (the Russian kid who played center for Florida Atlantic in the final 4, Everett, and Josh Gray). Diarra played with them. I think Kevin Freeman recruited him to Penn St first. 6'10 as I recall.

Reaction Score
Loved Everett at PSA and posted about him here when I was watching Karaban vs PSA. He had Sanogo power even in high school with a big butt that created space. He will be an impact rebounder for Seton Hall and even more if he has had any development. At PSA they had a 3 center rotation, (the Russian kid who played center for Florida Atlantic in the final 4, Everett, and Josh Gray). Diarra played with them. I think Kevin Freeman recruited him to Penn St first. 6'10 as I recall.
I remember the discussions about him. He seemed like he could be a good player then and I guess we'll find out this year for sure.
Hopefully Seton Hall can rebuild their roster as something doesn't seem right with all the players who've left this year. We don't need Holloway to be a flash in the pan.

Reaction Score
I remember u liking him @Ricker! Had no idea that FAU big went to PSA, what an embarrassment of riches. He might have even been committed to Penn State, I feel like he decommitted somewhere during his recruitment. Penn St was hot and heavy for him I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom