Baylor @ Tennessee, Sun. 2:00 pm ET | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor @ Tennessee, Sun. 2:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yet she has 6 first half assists. You are really looking for something not to like when a player has 21 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in the first half and instead of complimenting her play you point out a perceived flaw.

Keep shooting Alexis.
you know how we are, nice to see you... its been a while (guess because Baylor is beating Tn :rolleyes:)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Things I did not expect to post today:

"Duke is currently whipping up on SC"

In all seriousness, we're playing very soft today.. don't look like the #3 team at all. 12 turnovers in one half. Pitiful. Getting beat on the glass. Lacking hustle. Embarrassing.

I just started watching after halftime. From what I'm seeing Duke is beating SC on all the hustle plays. Things have just been falling Duke's way. Stuff like hail mary prayers off the backboard as the shot clock expires. SC is gonna have to battle for this one.

Reaction Score
I see Baylor getting Russell in foul trouble and the game going straight downhill for Tennessee after that.
They have NO bench at all.
Baylor by 20+ in front of the LV home crowd. An early Christmas present.

I meant 20+ by halftime :cool:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
OT: Did you see Lobo's outfit at halftime? She looked really good. Great color.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I just started watching after halftime. From what I'm seeing Duke is beating SC on all the hustle plays. Things have just been falling Duke's way. Stuff like hail mary prayers off the backboard as the shot clock expires. SC is gonna have to battle for this one.

That hail mary prayer you're talking about is actually the second one Duke has hit today. The first one they hit basically started this run and jolted them to life. They haven't looked back since.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have been chided a bit by some of my friends on this forum for being too tough on Holly...on the understandable grounds that replacing a legend is so difficult an assignment. I get that, but if any observer can discern any offensive scheme whatsoever in her coaching...ever, please share those insights.
The issue on offense is almost as simple as ball movement and better shot selection. You can see the individual talent. The clarity is a lack of coaching. However with 2 years left (2019) on her contract and $1.6 mil owed along with the #1 recruiting class, UT is not firing her.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is as poorly coached, lazy, selfish, and undisciplined basketball team as I have ever seen!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, this got ugly early. Credit to Mulkey on her team evolving and growing since the UConn Game. The positive is Baylor looks top 4 for sure, the negative is UT is a long way from being a top notch program....

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Nina Davis is really showing up in the second half. Wow.

Tennessee looks miserable.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is down by about 20. Diamond has 2 points and 4 turnovers. Will any GM jeopardize his/her job and pick Diamond early?

Here's a different thought. I assumed that Diamond would bolt to the pro ranks as soon as she is eligible. But suppose the consensus is that she is not a first-round pick. Does she return to Tennessee?
Excellent question. She might consider whether she'd have an excellent opportunity to play overseas.

Reaction Score
Holly needs to be a real coach, and sit DD on the bench, too much one on one, totally undisciplined play. If Geno can sit Stewie, and Tuck after 5 minutes to set an example, then Holly needs to do that with DD.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As we aproach the 3 minute mark of the 3rd, its 70 - 35 Baylor.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Duke up 59 - 54 with 5:24 left in the game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So Tennessee has the number recruiting class in the nation......more good players to run around without a clue of what to do on the court

#1 class guarantees nothing if they are not coached and developed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor's have been horrible today. Simply not finishing around the rim. Baylor would be up by 40 had they made even half their shots.

Reaction Score
I know there's an awful lot of Tenn hatred on our board, a hatred in which I do not share...just consider it outdated, and their program is no longer worthy of our spending the energy. But the utter deterioration of their program, and the apparent willingness of the administration to "let it go," is a very bad development for WCBB. I don't care who they recruit. Holly cannot deliver.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Duke up 67 - 60 with 1:40 to go in the game!

Reaction Score
There are also situations that no matter how well a player is coached the player can not deliver or won't deliver.

Reaction Score
The issue on offense is almost as simple as ball movement and better shot selection. You can see the individual talent. The clarity is a lack of coaching. However with 2 years left (2019) on her contract and $1.6 mil owed along with the #1 recruiting class, UT is not firing her.

That's the downside of hiring one of your all-time best players as your coach.........much harder to give up on them even if it's clear that it isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom