Baylor @ Tennessee, Sun. 2:00 pm ET | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor @ Tennessee, Sun. 2:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
24 - 12 Baylor with 9 mimutes left in the 2nd.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
31 - Baylor with 6:45 left in 2nd.

Tennessee shooting 23.5%. That's not going to get it done.

Reaction Score
Yes, boring, except for the confirmation that DD lacks all discipline and that her skill set is clearly deteriorating. The only thing she has a chance to hit in double figures right now (with 6:00 in the 2nd Q) is turnovers. wow... and on national TV. She better get a really talented PR person to promote her professional career--maybe some commercial branding that capitalizes on her personal style--because she is likely to be just a journeyman athlete.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tennessee is really terrible
As I explained to my wife

They have no organized offense that one can see
They throw the ball away a lot.
They don't rebound very well.
They don't play very good D

Other than that, they're fine.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tennesse has absolutely no court awareness. Shooting 18 percent is horrible.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I can appreciate Pat Summitt's clairvoyance to stop scheduling Uconn a lot more as I watch this game.

Nothing to do with UConn, Any top 25 team would make Tennessee look putrid. Turned it off after 5 minutes. Cant watch such trash.
Actually, it is good UConn doesn't play them since such selfish play may become contagious. UConn beats alot of teams by wide margins but the opponents actually try to run stuff. Not this street ball.

Reaction Score
I have been on here saying Tennessee would find its way but after watching them this year......I'm not so sure. I feel sorry for Russell and Nared because they are good players that can play anywhere else. Deshields does seem to be lost out there and it's actually sad because you can still see her talent even when she is unproductive. Also for those in the know, arent the stands unusually empty for such a big game? Or is this the new normal for them?

Reaction Score
I have been chided a bit by some of my friends on this forum for being too tough on Holly...on the understandable grounds that replacing a legend is so difficult an assignment. I get that, but if any observer can discern any offensive scheme whatsoever in her coaching...ever, please share those insights.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Halftime scores from other games:

Cinncy up 28 - 27 over tOSU.

Duke over SC 36 - 29.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Tennessee is really terrible
As I explained to my wife

They have no organized offense that one can see
They throw the ball away a lot.
They don't rebound very well.
They don't play very good D

Other than that, they're fine.

The only things left are:

1. Show up to the game.
2. Put five on the court.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Halftime scores from other games:

Cinncy up 28 - 27 over tOSU.

Duke over SC 36 - 29.
59795470.jpg

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Things I did not expect to post today:

"Duke is currently whipping up on SC"

In all seriousness, we're playing very soft today.. don't look like the #3 team at all. 12 turnovers in one half. Pitiful. Getting beat on the glass. Lacking hustle. Embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Look's like the same old same old to me.............Tennessee is totally clueless.......I saw Holly reminding her players to put there hands out on defense..........if you have to do that during one of the biggest games of the year (or any game for that matter) you have real problems..............

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Alexis shoots too much.
Takes away from her talented teammates.

Yet she has 6 first half assists. You are really looking for something not to like when a player has 21 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in the first half and instead of complimenting her play you point out a perceived flaw.

Keep shooting Alexis.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tennessee is down by about 20. Diamond has 2 points and 4 turnovers. Will any GM jeopardize his/her job and pick Diamond early?

Here's a different thought. I assumed that Diamond would bolt to the pro ranks as soon as she is eligible. But suppose the consensus is that she is not a first-round pick. Does she return to Tennessee?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Yes, boring, except for the confirmation that DD lacks all discipline and that her skill set is clearly deteriorating. The only thing she has a chance to hit in double figures right now (with 6:00 in the 2nd Q) is turnovers. wow... and on national TV. She better get a really talented PR person to promote her professional career--maybe some commercial branding that capitalizes on her personal style--because she is likely to be just a journeyman athlete.
I suspect all this will come as a shock to Doris Burke—I heard her say early in this game that, to her, DeShields is a top-5 player in the country! :eek:

Bizarre halftime stat: Tennessee has attempted 16 FTs, and Baylor has shot 0. And Baylor leads by 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom