Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Texas seems to have invested a lot of time and money on recruiting MKW... someone is going to be disappointed next week!
The newer crop of recruits are learning how to play the game with multiple visits . It's pretty heady stuff for 17/18 year old kids all that adoration, smoke, promises, gifts (?), etc---why not milk it? Once you sign--that all goes away (how many realize that?)

Reaction Score
Two somebodies. (had to look up the plural of somebody).
Meanwhile, maybe this thread could make a "major" milestone: 100,000 views.
Somebody---plural when ending in Y --is ies---of course except when it doesn't.

This thread is about to ignite and burn itself out. Or we'd be writing Megan again and again.

Reaction Score
Given that Ms. Williams has visited a couple of times before,does anyone else think that she will get down to some "serious biniss" on the weekend of first night?

Gabby should be practicing this summer instead of wasting time visiting--her serious biniss --is practice, practice practice!!

Reaction Score
Two somebodies. (had to look up the plural of somebody).
Meanwhile, maybe this thread could make a "major" milestone: 100,000 views.

If you combined the two MW threads you'd make it without question...............

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Confused-Look-cropped-Getty-Images-By-Chaloner-Woods-532x630.jpg
damn Meyers you took the time to gather all of his thoughts... I applaud you

Reaction Score
I believe Megan will be making her decision in the next few days ( Sat Oct 1st to Monday Oct 3rd.) I believe she is really torn making this decision ,and weighing all the favorable points from each University. I think she will use this weekend to bounce things around with her parents,do some soul searching and come to a conclusion. I wish her luck, peace and a great Husky career.

Reaction Score
Not all of them. I just remembered (and that doesn't happen very often) him being very emphatic with his opinion. And then that opinion changing.
If an animal is half intelligent--it shall change it's OPINIONs depending upon the results of past opinions. Only politicians are not allowed to (publicly) change their opinions (how stupid is that?) If everyone was treated as a politician we'd never evolve. (I can hardly wait to hear your reply to that one)

Reaction Score
When I was the Fire Direction Officer (3/319 FA 173rd Abn) in RVN late 60s. We used slide rulers to calculate our fire missions. Sometimes the slides would stick. The Fire Direction Center at HQs would wonder how we got rounds out so quickly and still be accurate. So we usually told them it was WAG (wild ass guess). But critical missions we did SWAG (scientific wild ass guess). For those who don't know, there is always someone assigned to also do the gunnery data for safety. But HQ usually had new in country guys that were amazed by us remote fire base vets.....cue the Rolling Stones

We did a Sleep Deprivation Study about that time with an 82nd Airborne artillery group. It was a 72 hours study. After 10 hours they had trouble hitting the target. After 24 hours they were so bad -the study was discontinued. This was base on Intel that said the Russians in Europe would be hitting the limited number of defenders (mostly artillery and infantry) with wave after wave of tanks to keep the defenders from getting sleep and therefore improving the chance they'd surrender. Good thing it never happened.

Reaction Score
Personally, I have had enough with this soap opera. Make a decision and let the coaches move on to plan B already. And, no, I don't care who thinks she is entitled to as much time as she wants or thinks she is being super smart.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think maybe she should just declare retirement. After the popularity and publicity she has enjoyed as a recruit, anything she could actually do on the court would be bound to be a come-down! Quit at the top, I say!

Reaction Score
I think maybe she should just declare retirement. After the popularity and publicity she has enjoyed as a recruit, anything she could actually do on the court would be bound to be a come-down! Quit at the top, I say!
I just wonder how she is going to run her clothing line, carry a full academic load, and commit to high level basketball.

JS

Reaction Score
And, no, I don't care who thinks she is entitled to as much time as she wants . . .
She is entitled to the time. Period. Unless she told a program she would decide earlier, and they (and possible other recruits) relied on that in some way, and she reneged. But there's no evidence of that at all. Fans (some fans) may be impatient, others not so much.
. . . or thinks she is being super smart.
You don't know what she thinks, but you insinuate a certain stuck-up attitude on her part. A baseless diss.

Reaction Score
I just wonder how she is going to run her clothing line, carry a full academic load, and commit to high level basketball.

Expectations and plans usually find that REALITY gets in the way --but I'm a believer in trying--you never know what you can do until you try hard at the task--that's one reason Geno is successful--he expects his players to try hard. I like the kid who has goals/ambitions rather than the one who say--when I"m 30 I'll do that---never happens!

Reaction Score
She is entitled to the time. Period. Unless she told a program she would decide earlier, and they (and possible other recruits) relied on that in some way, and she reneged. But there's no evidence of that at all. Fans (some fans) may be impatient, others not so much.

You don't know what she thinks, but you insinuate a certain stuck-up attitude on her part. A baseless diss.

Wait a minute---stuck up? Maybe! High level of Confidence? Darn right! If the kid didn't have that CONFIDENCE--would she be so successful or would Geno want her???

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Even her school paper is in on the fun.

This is in reference to her home visit with Texas yesterday:

Reaction Score

Actually, I was "dissing" the smug fans on this board who constantly justify the soap opera by stating she is being smart. They have as little of a clue as to why she is dragging this out as I do. I just stated a personal opinion that the saga is getting old...fast.

Reaction Score

Thanks for Molly--I appreciate getting this avatar

Reaction Score
Even her school paper is in on the fun.

This is in reference to her home visit with Texas yesterday:

I noted that MW retweeted that post yesterday.................she's really enjoying this!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom