Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nevertheless, since she was in JHS Walker has been talking about majoring in kinesiology. A degree in business is not that.
When Walker is at first night with Williams,Collier,et.al.,i am guessing that she will announce then.Just a wag,but not a swag.
Love your style.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I know UConn pretty well, ND a little, not at all TX (my misfortune). I've been intimately involved in higher ed. for 40+ years, believe myself to be a passionately engaged and successful teacher, and know college athletics probably too well. I appreciate your boosterism. Good for you! I know you're trying to make the case with fingers and toes crossed. But really and actually, 99% of the time the so-called ranking of a school has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the education available to undergraduates; and certainly, for a star athlete set on a pro career and (gasp!) building a brand, she or he will get as good an education as s/he wants in any one of 150 (or more) colleges. Believe me there. What you learn is what you want to learn. The rest of it are the bells and whistles that colleges sell to alumni donors and state legislators. If a student wants to learn, nothing will stop her; if she doesn't, nothing will help her.

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I wasn't initially trying to make a case at all for one school over another. Rather I was trying to counter a post that listed graduate school listings as opposed to undergraduate rankings. CocoHusky made an initial add-post and I piggybacked on that. What I should've done is piggyback on the initial one so that reason for my post may/may not have been noticed.

In retrospect, the post could be viewed in the boosterism light, but I don't (purposefully) do so at any other school's expense. Nor will I (have not done so on this site thus far, nor will I)

I've got a lot of education professionals in my family (father was a teacher and HS principal; mom taught registered nursing; and, wife is a 25+ year teacher of mathematics). In my career, I've worked at/with a management consultancy and the long-time director of education there long pondered that there are "some 400-500" colleges that can get you to the same place in your undergraduate career -- it's up to you, he used to tell students.
So, I'm with you there.

If Ms. Walker --or anyone else -- wants to pursue the academic goal of her choice (if offered), I'm sure she'd do fine at UConn, UT or ND.
I hope she takes advantage of any of those schools when she goes there. As to where, that's her choice.
(And the sun will come up the next day)

Reaction Score
When Walker is at first night with Williams,Collier,et.al.,i am guessing that she will announce then.Just a wag,but not a swag.

Is she scheduled to be there? I have not seen any info yet on who is going to be there......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I apologize if this has already been posted; honestly, I'm only desultorily keeping up with this; I'd rather discuss other things, but this seems to be what everyone wants to talk about.
Top recruit Walker taking time as decision time nears

the dad seems like a really, really great guy.
Yes, Megan's father seems very grounded and personable. Megan, while more youthful obviously, seems to have similar traits.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is she scheduled to be there? I have not seen any info yet on who is going to be there.
If Megan is at First Night, it will be because she has chosen UConn or is on the verge of doing so.

I have not seen a list of First Night attendees, but I expect to see at least some of the 2017 commits and some players from 2018. Christyn Williams is rumored to be coming to Storrs, so I expect she'll be at First Night.

Reaction Score
The fact she's hasnt made a commitment means that no school is a lock. The people on the Notre Dame board crack me up!! There pretty much sure Walker is a lock and just waiting for Westbrook to commit so they can both announce the same day. There also stating the Walker and Westbrook would be the best tandom in the history of WBB. Not sure what there drinking in south bend!! Gave me quite a chuckle!! I believed all 3 schools are in the mix and I think Megan is having a difficult time making this decision. Her parents seem like great people and I'm sure Megan will make the best choice for her. But Texas is making a home visit tonight so that tells u all 3 are still in the running and it's anyone's guess. I truly believe there is no school in the lead I think she likes all 3 schools and it's going to come down to a final discussin with family and her final gut feeling where she can see herself spending 4 years at whatever school she chooses!! If she knew she would have already made her commitment so Texas Notre Dame and of course Uconn are all very much in the mix ... Wouldn't shock me if she ends up waiting to spring for late signing .... I can't imaging having to make a decision like this ...

Reaction Score
The fact she's hasnt made a commitment means that no school is a lock. The people on the Notre Dame board crack me up!! There pretty much sure Walker is a lock and just waiting for Westbrook to commit so they can both announce the same day. There also stating the Walker and Westbrook would be the best tandom in the history of WBB. Not sure what there drinking in south bend!! Gave me quite a chuckle!! I believed all 3 schools are in the mix and I think Megan is having a difficult time making this decision. Her parents seem like great people and I'm sure Megan will make the best choice for her. But Texas is making a home visit tonight so that tells u all 3 are still in the running and it's anyone's guess. I truly believe there is no school in the lead I think she likes all 3 schools and it's going to come down to a final discussin with family and her final gut feeling where she can see herself spending 4 years at whatever school she chooses!! If she knew she would have already made her commitment so Texas Notre Dame and of course Uconn are all very much in the mix ... Wouldn't shock me if she ends up waiting to spring for late signing .... I can't imaging having to make a decision like this ...
Best tandem in hisotry? I think Sue+D or Maya+Tina or Stewie+Mo might disagree.

Reaction Score
Not to be negative, but I was thinking theither same as the notre Dame board. I think she may be delaying her decision so they can committ the same day.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Best tandem in hisotry? I think Sue+D or Maya+Tina or Stewie+Mo might disagree.

I'd have to put Stewie and moJett first, then sue and Dee, then Maya and Tina. In that order. And that's just based on college bball. If looking past just uconn I think you have to say sue and Dee for all their Olympic success. Idk I guess uconn owns the top of every best list and most lists have multiple uconn entries so does it really matter?

I also think having crystal and Lou over the next 3 years could be quite interesting...

:rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'd have to put Stewie and moJett first, then sue and Dee, then Maya and Tina. In that order. And that's just based on college bball. If looking past just uconn I think you have to say sue and Dee for all their Olympic success. Idk I guess uconn owns the top of every best list and most lists have multiple uconn entries so does it really matter?

I also think having crystal and Lou over the next 3 years could be quite interesting...

:rolleyes:
I think it will be more like Napheesa and Lou.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not sure what there drinking in south bend!! Gave me quite a chuckle!! .

I don't know either. Here in Chicago, I'm just hoping the Irish don't strike out! At this stage in the game, to have no top 100 recruits is pretty scary. And there are only 4 considering ND that we know of (Walker, Westbrook, Dodson, Patterson).

Niele and Muffet have a pretty amazing track record (at least 2 McDonald's All-American each of the last five years), but I'm starting to sweat.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I think it will be more like Napheesa and Lou.

Idk...pheese isn't a PG and wouldn't get the ball to lou like crystal would, thats why I said those two. But I do like watching pheese and Lou on the court together!

How about kia and gabby this season eh? I'd love to see kia keep feeding it to gabby (hmmmm wonder what position gabby will be this season? Lol)

Reaction Score
When I was the Fire Direction Officer (3/319 FA 173rd Abn) in RVN late 60s. We used slide rulers to calculate our fire missions. Sometimes the slides would stick. The Fire Direction Center at HQs would wonder how we got rounds out so quickly and still be accurate. So we usually told them it was WAG (wild ass guess). But critical missions we did SWAG (scientific wild ass guess). For those who don't know, there is always someone assigned to also do the gunnery data for safety. But HQ usually had new in country guys that were amazed by us remote fire base vets.....cue the Rolling Stones

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
When I was the Fire Direction Officer (3/319 FA 173rd Abn) in RVN late 60s. We used slide rulers to calculate our fire missions. Sometimes the slides would stick. The Fire Direction Center at HQs would wonder how we got rounds out so quickly and still be accurate. So we usually told them it was WAG (wild ass guess). But critical missions we did SWAG (scientific wild ass guess). For those who don't know, there is always someone assigned to also do the gunnery data for safety. But HQ usually had new in country guys that were amazed by us remote fire base vets.....cue the Rolling Stones
images

Reaction Score

Did you forget to take your med again tonight Mike ?

Reaction Score
Did you forget to take your med again tonight Mike ?
Ya I came by your house but u were not home!! I couldn't get to your med cabinet and u didn't leave me the key in the usual spot!! Ha Ha Ha

Reaction Score
Given that Ms. Williams has visited a couple of times before,does anyone else think that she will get down to some "serious biniss" on the weekend of first night?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Texas seems to have invested a lot of time and money on recruiting MKW... someone is going to be disappointed next week!

Reaction Score
Texas seems to have invested a lot of time and money on recruiting MKW... someone is going to be disappointed next week!
Two somebodies. (had to look up the plural of somebody).
Meanwhile, maybe this thread could make a "major" milestone: 100,000 views.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Two somebodies. (had to look up the plural of somebody).
Meanwhile, maybe this thread could make a "major" milestone: 100,000 views.
Possible... we atleast a week before the verbal

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's just my feeling so I truly believe uconn is not going to be the place she ends up. ...... Always thought before Texas got in the Mix it was all Notre Dame.. But I think Texas pulls out the upset and lands this prized recruit. Is she doesn't land at Texas it's Notre Dame!!

She's going to ND. Trust me all the signs are there!! She was always a Notre Dame lead right from the beginning.

Last post regarding this cause I'm basically done with all this!!! She will end up at Notre Dame!! 100% ...

The fact she's hasnt made a commitment means that no school is a lock. I believed all 3 schools are in the mix and I think Megan is having a difficult time making this decision. ......If she knew she would have already made her commitment so Texas Notre Dame and of course Uconn are all very much in the mix ... Wouldn't shock me if she ends up waiting to spring for late signing .

Confused-Look-cropped-Getty-Images-By-Chaloner-Woods-532x630.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits