Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My Q is why Geno will stop in Megan's house 9/12/2016, since he knew Megan will visit UConn 9/17/2016 ?

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that Geno wanted to visit her and her family in the privacy and comfort of THEIR home. Away from the sights, sounds and distractions of the campus. Geno may have wanted to talk with them, answer any questions they would have at this point in her recruitment, exchange some ideas and philosophy about being a student-athlete. Maybe get a "heads up" as to who/what they wanted to see, or what they were looking for on their final visit to Storrs. One last personal visit by the head coach shows the Walkers how serious Geno/UConn is about wanting her to be part of their program. Actions speak louder than words. That's why some companies still contact their major clients the old fashion way........face to face (instead of the cheaper and less personal way, i.e. Go to meeting.com) :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Malcolm used this phrase in a speech at the founding of the Organization of Afro-American Unity, which was focused on African-American rights. This was after leaving the Nation of Islam -- he wanted to work for all African-Americans. From the wiki: "At the founding rally, Malcolm X stated that the organization's principal concern was the human rights of blacks, but that it would also focus on voter registration, school boycotts, rent strikes, housing rehabilitation, and social programs for addicts, unwed mothers, and troubled children. Malcolm X saw the OAAU as a way of "un-brainwashing" black people, ridding them of the lies they had been told about themselves and their culture."

The phrase even has its own entry in Wikipedia :)

That aside, I don't have a good feeling about Megan Walker. [ill-informed speculation deleted before even being posted :) ]

I don't feel good about this either. I had the same feeling when UConn put on a "full court press" in 2015 for Asia Durr (Louisville) and Arike Ogunbowale (Notre Dame), two guards they really wanted. Both of them ranked in the top 10, both committed elsewhere. I sure hope I'm wrong. :(

Reaction Score
Does anyone know which toe Geno is using for his 11th ring, or do we have to wait for a new commercial to find out? Thanks in advance.
If ESPN was making the commercial I would expect a nose-ring. SNY, I don't know. I would like to see Geno with a nose ring though.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If ESPN was making the commercial I would expect a nose-ring. SNY, I don't know. I would like to see Geno with a nose ring though.
thats what I was thinking or an earring

Reaction Score
Stop overanalyzing. ND and Texas are football schools. I hope she understands that you don't go to Dental School to be a Veterinarian. And, the Olympic team and WNBA all-star teams are loaded with women from a Basketball-first university. That's where WE have the edge. You can watch ND-Texas football on TV, if you want.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stop overanalyzing. ND and Texas are football schools. I hope she understands that you don't go to Dental School to be a Veterinarian. And, the Olympic team and WNBA all-star teams are loaded with women from a Basketball-first university. That's where WE have the edge. You can watch ND-Texas football on TV, if you want.
Stop dismissing. ND and Texas might be football school but each has actually won a WCBB National Championship.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure which quotes you are referring to but sometimes a person's actions speak more accurately than words. Megan's action included traveling to UCONN (on her own Dime) TWICE. Those actions tell you that she gave UCONN adequate consideration in making this decision-which by definition is much more than about basketball. Applaud her for the consideration she has given UCONN thus far.
I agree, any kid that visits a school three times is not just going through motions. She is seriously interested.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So I don't love that she saved ND for last, that could have just been a scheduling thing. I also don't love that we didn't close on her on her visit. That said I do respect her not showing her cards and giving all three schools a fair shot. We are in the hunt. In the end she'll make the decision that feels best to her. I do hope she'll end up being a Husky. I think she can be a special player.

Reaction Score
Yes. I have my PHD in Psychology, with a specialty in Behavioral Neurosciences. I performed, and published, brain research for 42 years.

I'm impressed you are probably the ONLY PHD here in the Boneyard--oh, Wow! (Valley girl response).
.. One question--why do you with your VAST and WIDELY validated RESEARCH of Brain Disorders
argue against protecting the BRAINS OF THOSE TOO YOUNG TO PROTECT THEMSELVES?????? With my extremely limited access to those with Dementia or head trauma--and have seen those IED'ed--traveling (at 6 month intervals) from Walter Reed (new) to Fla for treatment--I believe in protecting that Brain---yet you with 42 years in BRAIN RESEARCH--argue against it --WHY????
Have a good day!.
Enough is Enough!!!

Reaction Score
I suspect there are a number of us with Piled Higher & Deeper degrees here.
I bow to your knowledge of HIGHER EDUCATION!! (most probably Political Science)

Reaction Score
So I don't love that she saved ND for last, that could have just been a scheduling thing. I also don't love that we didn't close on her on her visit. That said I do respect her not showing her cards and giving all three schools a fair shot. We are in the hunt. In the end she'll make the decision that feels best to her. I do hope she'll end up being a Husky. I think she can be a special player.
When people have trouble making decisions they often select the last choice!! Have heart--it ain't over till the fat lady sings--and everyone on the ND ain't fat.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Taking a step back from the Megan Walker recruiting frenzy, I look at all of the attention she's getting from the media, fan groups/websites, as well as the three schools remaining on her list. September was designated "decision month" by Walker. The month she would reveal her decision as to which school she would commit to., after visiting the three remaining schools of interest on her list. This would be the last chance for each school to stage an all out assault on Walker to curry favor.

The Boneyard
has been very busy the past month with posters weighing in with their thoughts and opinions on her tweets, what (if anything) they mean, accessing her visits to Texas and UConn, and anticipating how her visit to Notre Dame will go. She's got grown men (and a few women) who have never met her, never saw her play in person, stressing/hoping daily, in hope that she will ultimately commit to their favorite program.

There is some doubt among some of the boneyard faithful that Megan will ever wear a UConn uniform. Some think Texas is a lock, while others believe that Notre Dame has the inside lane, and is closing fast, because they are her last official visit before she reveals her decision next week. I recognize that Walker is the number 1 ranked recruit in her class. Was there this much maneuvering, wooing, anticipation and eleventh hour assaults, trying to get a commitment from for last year's # 1 recruit, Lauren Cox (Baylor)?

The Megan Walker phenomena has been nothing short of amazing. After an hour or so, I had to step away from my keyboard yesterday for a few hours because of the pressure (headache) I was starting to feel reading the posts and comments regarding Walker. Many of which suggested that she was not coming to UConn (not what I want to hear), although one poster with privileged information said that he heard UConn was still in the hunt.

After she reveals her decision, three things are sure bets. 1. Walker and her family will be glad and relieved her recruiting experience is over. No more letters, no more phone calls, no more tweets /emails telling her where she should go. No more of the same asking her where she's going. 2. The two schools she does not choose will be very disappointed. 3. The school (fans/boosters/coaching staff) she does choose will be in a state of euphoria for at least a day or two. I can imagine the glee and euphoria that would briefly envelope the boneyard if she chooses UConn. I can imagine a level twice the amount of the excitement and joy we expressed when it was revealed that Azura Stevens (a much sought after, and much needed BIG) was coming to Storrs. No body was mad at anybody that day. The bar was open, it was "happy hour", and there were free drinks for everybody.

Some fans will be as excited as a child on Christmas eve, anticipating what Santa would leave for them under the tree, because of their good behavior all year. Posts and comments of visions and expectations of championships over the next four years will fill the threads. If she comes to UConn, this will happen. I'll jump in the pool also. I'll and my little 2 cents worth of expressions of joy and relief to the discussions.

This is the calm before the storm. A week from today will be the third day AFTER she returns home from her visit to South Bend. A decision and reveal may have been made by then. Until then.........we wait, and hope. :rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Taking a step back from the Megan Walker recruiting frenzy, I look at all of the attention she's getting from the media, fan groups/websites, as well as the three schools remaining on her list. September was designated "decision month" by Walker. The month she would reveal her decision as to which school she would commit to., after visiting the three remaining schools of interest on her list. This would be the last chance for each school to stage an all out assault on Walker to curry favor.

The Boneyard
has been very busy the past month with posters weighing in with their thoughts and opinions on her tweets, what (if anything) they mean, accessing her visits to Texas and UConn, and anticipating how her visit to Notre Dame will go. She's got grown men (and a few women) who have never met her, never saw her play in person, stressing/hoping daily, in hope that she will ultimately commit to their favorite program.

There is some doubt among some of the boneyard faithful that Megan will ever wear a UConn uniform. Some think Texas is a lock, while others believe that Notre Dame has the inside lane, and is closing fast, because they are her last official visit before she reveals her decision next week. I recognize that Walker is the number 1 ranked recruit in her class. Was there this much maneuvering, wooing, anticipation and eleventh hour assaults, trying to get a commitment from for last year's # 1 recruit, Lauren Cox (Baylor)?

The Megan Walker phenomena has been nothing short of amazing. After an hour or so, I had to step away from my keyboard yesterday for a few hours because of the pressure (headache) I was starting to feel reading the posts and comments regarding Walker. Many of which suggested that she was not coming to UConn (not what I want to hear), although one poster with privileged information said that he heard UConn was still in the hunt.

After she reveals her decision, three things are sure bets. 1. Walker and her family will be glad and relieved her recruiting experience is over. No more letters, no more phone calls, no more tweets /emails telling her where she should go. No more of the same asking her where she's going. 2. The two schools she does not choose will be very disappointed. 3. The school (fans/boosters/coaching staff) she does choose will be in a state of euphoria for at least a day or two.

You mean one of the sure bets is not that the sun will still rise? I have always counted on that one.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to use this, feel free.

Attachments

• We Need a Miracle.jpg
    We Need a Miracle.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 29

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Relax.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Miss Walker answers questions about her weekend with UConn:

On recruiting trail with Megan Walker: UConn
If Megan is looking at kinesiology, UConn is a very good fit. She likes the campus, the area, and the food. Those are all positives. She even met President Herbst. That's impressive!

I like this quote: "Geno is real confident and he knows what it takes to win championships, he has won 11. ... He is also easygoing and really funny." She may not have seen his tough side yet.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
very detailed article thanks for posting, I like this question and answer the best... it says a whole lot

QUESTION: What do you like about Auriemma’s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

ANSWER: Geno’s coaching style is to make players better. I always want to excel in my game. With his training, I feel I could learn and take my skills to the next level.

Geno et al. will help Megan take her skills to a level that she can't even imagine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My Q is why Geno will stop in Megan's house 9/12/2016, since he knew Megan will visit UConn 9/17/2016 ?

Meg W. ‏@iball_crzy Sep 12Virginia, USA
visit with the huskies

CsMk2PbWYAASrUA.jpg:large
Because he really, really, really wants her.

I agree that the recruits who wait so long often decide to go elsewhere, but each kid is different. Geography doesn't hurt UConn in this case. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom