ANOTHER Kentucky transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ANOTHER Kentucky transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's news on Kentucky's two highly rated recruits

Kyle NeddenriepVerified account‏@KyleNeddenriep
Roncalli's Lindsey Corsaro has cut her list to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Washington. Former Kentucky recruit.
  • WBB: Update on former Kentucky commit Madison Treece (MO-2017) from her high school coach http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/prep_sports/mid_missouri/boonville-baseball-on-a-roll-and-enjoying-new-turf/article_7b69debb-26d4-5334-80ab-46949636184e.html…

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Can the Kentucky AD do anything to stop the bleeding??

I mean this is getting or rather IS already out of hand.

What still strikes me as odd is no one is saying why!?!??

Reaction Score

I mean this is getting or rather IS already out of hand.

What still strikes me as odd is no one is saying why!?!??

I assume this one, and perhaps some of the recent ones, had nothing to do with Mitchell but just an assessment of the situation. The team has no players. They will struggle mightily.
Not to mention that a chunk of the players and coaches you thought would be there are gone.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Frankly because these young women are so young there doesn't have to be a singular reason. These recruits are sensitive to the atmosphere being generated there. Since the decision as to where they want to spend the next four formative years of their lives is difficult as it is all it takes is rumor, bad optics and bad decisions to create an avalanche. That's what seems to be occurring here. Whether you think Mitchell is an ass or not this is another sad case of a once proud WCBB institution getting hammered. How is this good for WCBB or WBB in general?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice find - pretty honest appraisal of the issues.
What seems interesting is that these transfers are happening fairly spaced out with each one appearing to be an individual decision separated by weeks or months.

The sort of organized chaos system being run with a lot of individual offense is not too dissimilar to Paul Westhead's run at all cost system, that seems to have a shelf life wherever it is instituted - it can create a certain level of success and even a championship if the players are really good, but it is really designed to disguise underlying weaknesses in a roster. And I don't think it actually develops player skills very well - so many turnovers and bad shots are just dismissed as part of the cost of running full speed all the time.
Along those lines - Sylvia at UNC and now Quentin at Syracuse are following the same kinds of mantra - shooting percentage doesn't matter, just get as many shots up as possible, or forget about the turnovers just play fast which was Sylvia's rallying cry. It can be exciting for a little while ...
Damn you are so right again. We all remember however how and why Westhead was run out of LA by Magic and the emerging "Showtime". The D'Antoni teams of the Suns with Nash played a modified Westhead style. The reputation generated by this kind of offense lingers through the years as all style and no substance. In the NBA that kind of style typically produces regular season wins and playoff failure. I don't see any resulting difference in WCBB and the NCAA's.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

He had a chance to do something when Mitchell's staff and 6 players had scrammed; but he said Matt's a friend and a heck of a guy. "He's more than a women's basketball coach...etc, etc, etc." So now he has to ride it out with Mitchell and his still rebuilding staff.

If you were a Kentucky recruit viewing the shambles of the program you'd have to fully reappraise your circumstances. Would you accept reassuring platitudes from a staff that did not recruit you or would you boogey? I don't think all the bleeding is done.

Reaction Score
View attachment 13507

Or the full length dress! The price of faith, huh?
This was probably way back in '75 - our high school b ball team traveled deep into the sticks of southern Louisiana to play a very small C class school. The gym was a WWII surplus quonset hut aircraft hanger with four rows of bleachers to each side and both backboards were firmly attached to a wall. Both the boys and girls teams wore brown homespun uniforms, the girls in longish skirts and sleeves with big buns of never cut hair piled up on their heads. The boys fared a little better in shorts but theirs looked like they were made of wool and the little gym had to be 110 without a hint of a breeze. As I recall they played us tough - oh, and the women played a half court game. Literally. Half court.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This was probably way back in '75 - our high school b ball team traveled deep into the sticks of southern Louisiana to play a very small C class school. The gym was a WWII surplus quonset hut aircraft hanger with four rows of bleachers to each side and both backboards were firmly attached to a wall. Both the boys and girls teams wore brown homespun uniforms, the girls in longish skirts and sleeves with big buns of never cut hair piled up on their heads. The boys fared a little better in shorts but theirs looked like they were made of wool and the little gym had to be 110 without a hint of a breeze. As I recall they played us tough - oh, and the women played a half court game. Literally. Half court.

And they played barefoot too...right?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
converse baby All-stars.jpg
Nah. Converse canvas low tops. At the time, the pinnacle of basketball footwear tech.
Last weekend my grand daughter arrived wearing a pair of these.
Of course my daughter was completely confused and asked why I was so obsessed with her feet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One recruit's perspective. What "culture change"? Anybody know?

"Initially, they were making a culture change," Corsaro said, "and girls who didn't fall in line with that culture left."

Corsaro said she and other players had built strong relationships with assistant coaches, and when they left, things turned."

Former Kentucky recruit Lindsey Corsaro conidering Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, UCLA, Washington
Perhaps what was discussed with the senior players meeting with Mitchell in 2014-15 season asking him to tighten things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom