ANOTHER Kentucky transfer | The Boneyard

ANOTHER Kentucky transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow.
Down to six players for next year.

5 returning players plus 1 transfer
The transfer is someone who had an unremarkable frosh season at Cincinnati, with 1 start, 7 ppg, and 34% shooting. For their sake, I hope she is their 6th best player.

Reaction Score
In 2014, duke was a 2 seed, Kentucky was a 3, and UNC a 4 seed that lost in the elite 8.
3 years later, in 2017,, I doubt any make the NCAAs. I'm not even sure they will have winning records.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sure if something official came out with what was happening we'd hear about it. I realize we can't speculate, without facts, but something is rotten over there and I hope whatever it is comes to light. I imagine it's got to be hard for kids leaving to say anything bad about the program, and I can't imagine they'd want the scrutiny that would come with making a comment starting with "I'm transferring out of Kentucky because of the following problems".

But there's way too much smoke for there to be no fire. I have to imagine something will come to light sooner or later.

Craig's List Ad in Lexington "Any young woman who's currently enrolled at Kentucky and has ever even picked up a basketball, please come to open tryouts - we need you on our team"...

Reaction Score
Jennings is the sixth women’s basketball player to decide to transfer since the beginning of the 2014-15 academic year and the third player to transfer since the end of the season. Mitchell also dismissed one player, fired one assistant coach and saw two other assistants resign in that span. Two recruits have also decommitted from the program in recent weeks.

What a mess this guy has done to UK

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In 2014, duke was a 2 seed, Kentucky was a 3, and UNC a 4 seed that lost in the elite 8.
3 years later, in 2017,, I doubt any make the NCAAs. I'm not even sure they will have winning records.

attachment.php

Dont bury Duke just yet :mad:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't think it need be anything particularly egregious going on. Any college team requires a lot of time and dedication, and if something goes screwy in the chemistry within the team, it can snowball and even great coaches can have trouble stemming the tide. It is not dissimilar to watching the Miss St game - no one really believes they are a 60 point underdog against Uconn, but when the lead went from 10 to 20, and then 20 to 30, they just lost the will to compete and it really didn't matter what the coaches did on the sidelines. What is happening at KY is sort of like but in slow motion. Something changed and it was no longer 'fun' and the effort required to stay committed was no longer worth it - when one person broke a bunch of others looked around and said ... ok that's me out of here too.
You see this all the time with championship teams in the pros, when suddenly just being on a winning team is not enough, and people lose focus and the next year with basically the same roster they are playing .350 ball instead of leading the league and then everybody can't get out of town fast enough.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As the NY Knicks great Michael Ray Richardson once said "The ship be sinking". Another once proud program now being laid to waste. Sad.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didn't bury. Just placing the headstone.

I'll bump this thread and your quote next March when they announce the tournament teams and Duke gets invited. :p

Of course, if you are right..... there will be no reason for me to bump this... and no reason for you to bump this thread either :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Excuse me, but wth is going on in Kentucky? And why isn't the school stepping in to ease this?

How many recruits coming in this year for Kentucky?

Reaction Score
So how can they play with only 6 players?
I guess 5 out 6 will be the starters?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reality check right here: " Part of that is getting a quality staff in place and I am confident we are going to do that in the coming days." It ain't my fault folks! I just got betrayed by a lot of losers I hired! Wait a minute, Holly W is calling wit some advice and I sure want to take in what she is saying! Okay, beer and barbeque in the parking lot and thank you so much for being fans of the greatest basketball school- er, one and done thing, er... I did not say that. I am more than the sum of all my parts. The AD said that just an couple of days ago...didn't he. Why am I sweating. Its Kentucky and it's May GD it. Etc, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom