"Adults" who use Ketchup | Page 3 | The Boneyard

"Adults" who use Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
zls44 said:
I'll eat a hot dog with only ketchup just because it pisses people off

Suffer through an inferior condiment just to troll people. ........

...................... I like the cut of your jib. We sound like a good match. Let's grab a coffee sometime.

Reaction Score
1) kids are exempt. I'm all for her. I would let my daughter swim in a pool of ketchup to get her to eat when she is supposed to

2) more importantly that thing on top of the waffle fries? Wtf is that? That can't be another waffle fry. Id remove it from her plate. It's giving me the chills.

Ps. Solid move on the bun repurposing I'm a fan
Plus ketchup's a vegetable isn't it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
2) more importantly that thing on top of the waffle fries? Wtf is that? That can't be another waffle fry. Id remove it from her plate. It's giving me the chills.

Ps. Solid move on the bun repurposing I'm a fan

It's a giant unwaffled waffle fry that melded itself onto other waffle fries in the reheating process.

She doesn't tolerate non-conformity at this age so it was promptly pushed off of her plate and quarantined for its weirdness.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Might as well chime in. I haven't used ketchup on a burger in a very long time. No explanation, just don't. However, when I have fries I do put ketchup in a pile along side the basket. Okay, I dip my fry in it. Guilty. Its good to be 9 years old again.

Reaction Score
Ketchup is King. On my hot dogs, hamburgs, a tough steak (screw A1 sauce), fries, potato skins, chicken nuggets (when my son was 5 he taught me that). So many see on so many foods that are bad for you.

Love it

Reaction Score
I'm guilty of childlike ketchup usage... I will gladly put it on hot dogs, chicken, burgers, meatloaf, kielbasa, sausage, anything potato oriented and my odd ones, peas and baked beans. I actually like to mix ketchup and spicy brown into some sort of alchemist vomit color and will dip virtually anything into it. That sounds awkward, but who knows... I will not, however, put ketchup on eggs. That's sacrilege. I have found that ketchup can save a bad steak, too. But that's a last resort.

Heinz, to me, is the only way to go. My wife has become a health food nut and will only go organic blah, blah, blah so I'll snag ketchup packets from places so I can have my cake and eat it too. Maybe with ketchup.

I never understood the anti-ketchup hot dog brigade. Some people act like you are commiting a mortal sin. I don't go out for hot dogs much anymore, but I know Capital Lunch in New Britski would crucify you if you asked for ketchup on their dogs. So instead you have to sneak the small cups and then work it in that way. Can't have a cappy without some catsup.

Reaction Score
Ketchup makes otherwise nauseating food edible. It's a staple in army mess halls and college cafeterias. If you ever have had to eat a scramble made with powered eggs, you understand. Or try having a microwaved hamburger without ketchup.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If it's the only condiment available, It's passable in small doses. I suggest whatever you use ketchup on though to try barbeque sauce, especially on meatloaf and french fries. You will never choose ketchup over any other condiment again.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ketchup is necessary on burgers, with fries, and on home fries. I also use it on baked beans and Stouffers mac and cheese. It is Heinz, and indeed a sin on hot dogs. My wife puts it on white rice which is going too far.

One siracha tip: on baked sweet potatoes. Awesome.

Reaction Score
First off the burger dog above was visionary. I love Heinz ketchup on fries and hot dogs. On burgers though I like A1 sauce. I know I am a rebel. Anyway for those ketchup haters out there you could always go with

llkT6A7.jpg

Reaction Score
Let's continue our food discussions.

What is the attraction of Ketchup?

Is it some nostalgic taste of childhood?

Is it because its the only "food stuff" that hits all 5 flavor senses? (umami, sweetness, sourness, bitterness, and saltiness)

The above fact seems to make it more of a mask than a flavor enhancer. Does this mean we are eating foods that need to be masked?

School me on your uses for Ketchup. I have been off Ketchup for quite awhile, but Im willing to try peoples rec's to gain a better understanding and possibly find something I like it on. Currently I only occasionally use it on my Wifes meatloaf. It doesnt wreck it. It doesnt really make it that much better either. Ive found no other use yet.

Help a lost soul out please.

Catsup on burgers. Catsup on mearloaf. Catsup on fries. Catsup on mac n cheese.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hot Dogs? gross? Oh man I love Hot Dogs, but I will agree that your garden variety supermarket hot dogs are nasty.
I have a seasonal hot dog regimen.
Summer grilling months. Only Natural casing Hummels (or comparable natural casing and only on the grill) Man the snap you get on the first bite of a properly grilled GOOD natural casing hot dog is a revelation. Problem is I am one of the few who knows how to grill them right and can get a good char on them without them splitting wide open. (I accept paypal if you want my secret) I cant tell you how many times Ive brought a beautiful box of Natural casing hummels to back yard BBQ's and watched the host make a mess out of them. They arent supposed to split wide open. All the juices and goodness run out.

winter hot dogging. That is "water dog" time where I have a home setup to approximate an NYC hot dog steam cart. In these months my dog of choice is Hebrew National for the water dog treatment. Sabretts will do in a pinch. Water dogs are totally different than grilled Natural casings but are equally as delectable.

May I point out that in both cases Ketchup is skipped? Or is that a given?
Your hot dog game is strong. Mustard, chopped onions, and relish are hopefully available.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ketchup is necessary on burgers, with fries, and on home fries. I also use it on baked beans and Stouffers mac and cheese.

I thought I was the only one who did the ketchup on mac and cheese maneuver. Actually, probably haven't it in a few years as I now use sriracha instead.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I thought I was the only one who did the ketchup on mac and cheese maneuver. Actually, probably haven't it in a few years as I now use sriracha instead.
For some reason it's great on the frozen stuff but not on the boxed varieties. I was going to switch out ketchup for siracha on all my foods, but don't always want the heat.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not that anyone gives a flying duckk but...I only do ketchup on Fair fries. The hand-cut ones. With the vinegar.

Beside that, ketchup is dead to me.

Reaction Score
My Brother in law told me that growing up his mother made "spaghetti" by putting ketchup on boiled pasta. I don't know what you call that but it ain't spaghetti.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thats not bad. I can appreciate it.
But honestly my go to options for people's normal ketchup uses are a bit more pedestrian.
Mustard, Horseradish or some type of Hot Sauce (depending on what meats or whatever)
on on Fries.... F it. Load me up on the cheese sauce.

So I guess that means I skew more toward Fat slob rather than prissy Frenchman. Figured Id help narrow your focus of invective. :)
You're skewing more towards blasphemy with this thinly-veiled anti-ketchup tirade.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
For some reason it's great on the frozen stuff but not on the boxed varieties. I was going to switch out ketchup for siracha on all my foods, but don't always want the heat.
I should have been more clear, I use it on the good old boxed Kraft mac and cheese and I love it. Never used it on the frozen stuff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
May I point out that in both cases Ketchup is skipped? Or is that a given?
Your hot dog game is strong. Mustard, chopped onions, and relish are hopefully available.

You're both retaaded. Ketchup on dogs is a must. Relish is for people with severe mental issues.

Vast majority of hash browns require ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom