"Adults" who use Ketchup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Adults" who use Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As I've noted, I'm a ketchup purist--Heinz regular ketchup, period. But a friend whose tastes I trust recently recommended this and I plan to pick it up and check it out because it sounds like it might be up my alley:

HZK_3D_14oz_BalsamicVinegarKetchup-small.ashx

Original Heinz Tomato Ketchup or . Opinion has nothing to do with it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Shouldn't you be at the passport office, Pierre?

Your rose petal-infused truffle oil mayo is getting warm.

Thats not bad. I can appreciate it.
But honestly my go to options for people's normal ketchup uses are a bit more pedestrian.
Mustard, Horseradish or some type of Hot Sauce (depending on what meats or whatever)
on on Fries.... F it. Load me up on the cheese sauce.

So I guess that means I skew more toward Fat slob rather than prissy Frenchman. Figured Id help narrow your focus of invective. :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Original Heinz Tomato Ketchup or . Opinion has nothing to do with it.
I'm with you. But I'm intrigued by the balsamic. I'm a "never say never" guy with most things, at least until I try them.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Ketchup is great at any age.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thats not bad. I can appreciate it.
But honestly my go to options for people's normal ketchup uses are a bit more pedestrian.
Mustard, Horseradish or some type of Hot Sauce (depending on what meats or whatever)
on on Fries.... F it. Load me up on the cheese sauce.

So I guess that means I skew more toward Fat slob rather than prissy Frenchman. Figured Id help narrow your focus of invective. :)
If we're talking frites, I'm all for mixing it up if there's a good selection of options like in the Netherlands, Belgium, or the Belgian-style frites places here like Rudy's. Frites mit gulash was my favorite, but I'm good with kaas, mayo, all sorts of curry sauces, spicy ketchups, aioli, etc.

And if we're talking Burlington, I'll devour a large gravy fries from Nectar's before they get cold.

Reaction Score
I had a friend in the food industry who told me if you ever go to a restaurant and there is a bottle of ketchup that's not Heinz on the table, be wary of their food. If they're skimping there? You sure aren't getting top of the line on anything else.

P.S. - I agree with Augie here. Ketchup is for 5 year olds.

Reaction Score
The magic of ketchup (these are in addition to 8893s perfect list of foods):

Shrimp cocktail- Ketchup with horseradish and lime juice
Japanese hambaagu (It really means Hamburg Steak)- Add ketchup, red wine, and butter to the pan after removing the cooked burgers, stir, and pour over the meat
Special sauce for burgers and fries- equal parts, mayo, ketchup, yellow mustard, sour cream, and diced dill pickles

And then of course- thousand island dressing on iceburg lettuce! Ah, I miss the food from the early 80s.

August_West

Reaction Score
If we're talking frites, I'm all for mixing it up if there's a good selection of options like in the Netherlands, Belgium, or the Belgian-style frites places here like Rudy's. Frites mit gulash was my favorite, but I'm good with kaas, mayo, all sorts of curry sauces, spicy ketchups, aioli, etc.

And if we're talking Burlington, I'll devour a large gravy fries from Nectar's before they get cold.
Those nectars fries are delish. I go full poutine and get cheese and gravy.

Reaction Score
I use ketchup but probably less than most. No don't get me started on Mayo.

August_West

Reaction Score
The magic of ketchup (these are in addition to 8893s perfect list of foods):

Shrimp cocktail- Ketchup with horseradish and lime juice
Japanese hambaagu (It really means Hamburg Steak)- Add ketchup, red wine, and butter to the pan, stir, and pour over the meat
Special sauce for burgers and fries- equal parts, mayo, ketchup, yellow mustard, sour cream, and diced dill pickles

And then of course- thousand island dressing on iceburg lettuce!

How bout this. I will stipulate (does that work boneyard lawyers) that Ketchup serves a purpose as an ingredient base in some better sauces:
Cocktail
some BBQ sauces
maybe one or two others.

If we can get back to the condiment usage details.

Because lets face it. Ketchup alone in your above applications doesnt sound very appealing at all.

Reaction Score
I had a friend in the food industry who told me if you ever go to a restaurant and there is a bottle of ketchup that's not Heinz on the table, be wary of their food. If they're skimping there? You sure aren't getting top of the line on anything else.

P.S. - I agree with Augie here. Ketchup is for 5 year olds.
Just because the bottle says Heinz doesn't necessarily mean they are refilling it with Heinz. And does any else wonder how long those bottles have been out on the tables?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I like ketchup on meatloaf, ketchup with mustard on a burger and sometimes with fries but I like vinegar more with fries. I also sometimes mix sriracha with ketchup.
Great choice. I bought a bottler of Siracha Mayo. Excellent.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My daughter's pre-swim practice dinner tonight because she's a GD patriot.

IMG_0320.jpg

(Yes, that is a hamburger in a hot dog roll. We didn't have hot dogs or hamburger rolls, so we made the best of what we had.)

Reaction Score
My daughter's pre-swim practice dinner tonight because she's a GD patriot.

IMG_0320.jpg

(Yes, that is a hamburger in a hot dog roll. We didn't have hot dogs or hamburger rolls, so we made the best of what we had.)
You better extend the 45 minute rule to at least an hour and 1/2

August_West

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
My daughter's pre-swim practice dinner tonight because she's a GD patriot. (Yes, that is a hamburger in a hot dog roll. We didn't have hot dogs or hamburger rolls, so we made the best of what we had.)

1) kids are exempt. I'm all for her. I would let my daughter swim in a pool of ketchup to get her to eat when she is supposed to

2) more importantly that thing on top of the waffle fries? Wtf is that? That can't be another waffle fry. Id remove it from her plate. It's giving me the chills.

Ps. Solid move on the bun repurposing I'm a fan

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't give a flying f--- what some half-witted condiment Nazi thinks.

I'll put ketchup on whatever the hell I want.

Ketchup = America.

Don't like it? Feel free to move to France or wherever they'll serve your dainty ass the pinky-up condiment of your choosing.

Salsa actually passed Ketchup as the #1 condiment in America quite a while ago. Salsa = America! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom