"Adults" who use Ketchup | Page 11 | The Boneyard

"Adults" who use Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top reasons to not eat restaurant ketchup unless you know for certain you are using a new bottle:

(1) Bottles are refilled daily, usually using a cheap brand, and they contain who knows how many layers of strata from the bottom up.
(2) Waitress uses same rag to wipe top of refilled bottle that she uses to wipe the table.
(3) Kids dip their knife into bottle to lick off the ketchup and then dip it back into the bottle again for another taste. Replace lid afterwards.

Food for thought.
That kind of logic can be applied to literally anything you might find, order, touch, or eat in a restaurant. If you've been doing it your whole life and you ain't dead yet, you'll be fine.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Never liked prime rib so much myself. Too fatty.

You probably like a Filet mignon better than Rib Eye too, dont you?

Man, you've gone full .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You probably like a Filet mignon better than Rib Eye too, dont you?

Man, you've gone full .
Nah, I love a good Rib Eye, but I do find them to be more variable in quality than my favorite cut, NY Strip Sirloin. I like the consistency and taste, and my ability to grill it to perfection.

That said, a perfectly marbled Rib Eye, grilled to perfection, is a thing of beauty.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Nah, I love a good Rib Eye, but I do find them to be more variable in quality than my favorite cut, NY Strip Sirloin. I like the consistency and taste, and my ability to grill it to perfection.

That said, a perfectly marbled Rib Eye, grilled to perfection, is a thing of beauty.

You called prime rib "too fatty". You do realize the marbling is fat, right?

I said before I don't have a sweet tooth at all, but man I crave fats.

And beer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

And beer.
Yep. I like some but not too much. I don't like the texture of it on prime rib or the way it mixes with the meat. Perfectly marbled for me is the type of fat that you can see before cooking but not after. The stuff that cooks in or flavors and cooks off. That's why I gotta be particular about the rib eye, because some of them can be too fatty after cooking. I far prefer the texture of rib eye to prime rib in any event though.

I also far prefer savory to sweet. And I like the NY Strip sirloin best because of the overall consistency.

Oh, I like beer, too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

And beer.

My million dollar idea is to open a restaurant that serves orders of beef fat and pork fat. .

Problem is I'd eat the inventory.

Also, ketchup and turkey would be banned.

I would also sell sides of fried chicken skin

Reaction Score
My million dollar idea is to open a restaurant that serves orders of beef fat and pork fat. .

Your restaurant should also have chicharron.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Grilled sirloin seasoned with salt/pepper, garlic and olive oil on a toasted baguette.

Wedges have olive oil, thyme and garlic.

And no Heinz BBQ sauce or ketchup.

Jem's pilsner from Czech.

IMG_20160825_195131.jpg

Reaction Score
Grilled sirloin seasoned with salt/pepper, garlic and olive oil on a toasted baguette.

Wedges have olive oil, thyme and garlic.

And no Heinz BBQ sauce or ketchup.

Jem's pilsner from Czech.

View attachment 15155

Czech pilsner is excellent used to have it Max's in Springfield loved it. Is that lunch Chin? I want your job ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Czech pilsner is excellent used to have it Max's in Springfield loved it. Is that lunch Chin? I want your job ;)

Dinner.

I'm a few hours ahead of the east coast.

Chech Pilsners are called lawnmower beer for a reason. Easy on the palette during the summer.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

One of the more memorable things I've eaten in Italy was a simple piece of grilled bread smeared with lardo and a squeeze of lemon.

Given the general love of fat among most Americans I'm confounded why lardo isn't significantly more popular.

Chicken is useless without the skin. Or bones. Grilled bone-in, skin-on thighs remain the sine qua non of fowl. Don't even need to be free range.

Speaking of prime rib, my wife loved prime rib. Until I took her to Mario's in Westport for one of those huge, totally pink and still bleeding, Flintstonian slabs that drooped over both ends of the plate. That was about 18 years ago. She was so revolted over the size, the pinkness, the blood and the fat on that thing, she hasn't had one since.

Ketchup: fast food fries only. Exception being the once a year I make sloppy joes.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Every time you ketchup on a hot dog, the commies win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom