"Adults" who use Ketchup | Page 9 | The Boneyard

"Adults" who use Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm Way too lazy to read all the replies, so I apologize if I repeat an answer.

Ketchup is great for many reasons. I have very fond memories of French fries, hot dogs, and cheese burgers growing up. Without Ketchup that food would not be the same. Ketchup is like a warm blanket that is wrapped up in a delicious tangy dippy food. Its the best American flavor enhancer and I love it. It is gross on anything but breakfasty, americany food. It s a Zen experience.

Bingo ^^^^^

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Veggies were chopped more than diced and lightly tossed in the vinaigrette. More of a salad than salsa.

It's called Israeli Salad and when prepared correctly it's top notch. And I hate all veggies.

israeli-salad.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's called Israeli Salad and when prepared correctly it's top notch. And I hate all veggies.

israeli-salad.jpg

I've seen plenty of Israeli or Jerusalem salad. Usually just tomatoes and cucumber.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Too many onions. Any chop salads, which are usually very good, I need to be sure no onions and they look at me like I have 3 eyes.

You're a wise man. Onions in any form (other than onion powder in commercial ketchup) are disgusting. Anyone who chooses to add onions to food lacks taste, balance and culinary skill. Adding onion basically means you suck as a cook.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You're a wise man. Ketchup in any form is disgusting. Anyone who chooses to add ketchup to food lacks taste, balance and culinary skill. Adding ketchup basically means you suck as a cook.

I agree 1000 percent

Reaction Score
You're a wise man. Onions in any form (other than onion powder in commercial ketchup) are disgusting. Anyone who chooses to add onions to food lacks taste, balance and culinary skill. Adding onion basically means you suck as a cook.

That's pure nonsense. Onions are a necessary building block to millions of recipes. The Holy Trinity? Mirepoix?

When I was in my early 20's, I worked at a restaurant. I wanted to make dinner for some girl and asked the chef what I should make. He said "Invite her over for 7. At 6:50, throw some chopped onion and garlic in a little olive oil over medium heat. When she walks in, she'll say "What smells so good?!?" and from there, you're golden. Just throw whatever you want in the pan. Shrimp? Chicken? Mushrooms? Vegetables? Serve it over pasta and you're good." FYI, it worked like a charm. She walked in and, on point, said "What smells so good?!?!"

Reaction Score
That's pure nonsense. Onions are a necessary building block to millions of recipes. The Holy Trinity? Mirepoix?

When I was in my early 20's, I worked at a restaurant. I wanted to make dinner for some girl and asked the chef what I should make. He said "Invite her over for 7. At 6:50, throw some chopped onion and garlic in a little olive oil over medium heat. When she walks in, she'll say "What smells so good?!?" and from there, you're golden. Just throw whatever you want in the pan. Shrimp? Chicken? Mushrooms? Vegetables? Serve it over pasta and you're good." FYI, it worked like a charm. She walked in and, on point, said "What smells so good?!?!"

It was probably the cheap smell of a showered Deepster with Musk from Avon not the onions.

Reaction Score
To each his own...

Me... I find it very useful for making sauces as it contains tomato, vinegar, salt, sugar, spices, etc...

What I strongly recommend is.. To use it as a jewelry cleaner.... No kidding... The acid from the tomato and vinegar will do wonders against crud on jewelry. Try it and let me know if it has as good a result as we have gotten with it. We used the inexpensive great value brand. My wife and I were shocked. Good luck. Small molecules should lift larger ones. Good luck !!!! So don't throw out your ketchup until you use it on your jewelry first.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
To each his own...

Me... I find it very useful for making sauces as it contains tomato, vinegar, salt, sugar, spices, etc...

What I strongly recommend is.. To use it as a jewelry cleaner.... No kidding... The acid from the tomato and vinegar will do wonders against crud on jewelry. Try it and let me know if it has as good a result as we have gotten with it. We used the inexpensive great value brand. My wife and I were shocked. Good luck. Small molecules should lift larger ones. Good luck !!!! So don't throw out your ketchup until you use it on your jewelry first.

Cleans guns and cures cancer too.

Also, ketchup killed Kennedy.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
It just tastes DAMN good.. No other explanation for me

Never loan money to one who uses catsup/ketchup on nearly everything, as they may have no more common sense than that with your money. (I read that somewhere several years ago.)

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Your hot dog game is strong. Mustard, chopped onions, and relish are hopefully available.

Chicago dogs are the best: Sausage, Brite-Green relish, "sport" peppers, mustard, onions tomatoes, dills, French bread, and very cold beer. This thread is killing me.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Anyway... Heinz only. I'm a traditionalist... burgers & fries and eggs n' hashbrowns need ketchup. Oh and a little on the side with a grill cheese sandwich for dipping works too.

Heinz regular or Simply Heinz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69