2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Todd Stafford (qb) committed to UMass yesterday according to an article on TOS…

Reaction Score
The bigger issues is how big an egomaniac does a high school coach have to be to get himself worked up over a college coach who's just trying to do his job. If Edsall and his staff weren't quick enough to realize what Spivey might do in college, their loss. But intelligent people move on and recognize that they are evaluating hundreds of players and they may screw up on some but it's not a personal insult.

And this has nothing to do with Edsall. P is certainly a better people person, but this will happen to him as well (although probably not as much).

"P is certainly a better people person."

Therein lies the key.
In-state recruiting seems, to me, to be a political minefield. It seems that "P" has the inter-personal skills necessary to tell a HS coach that a particular kid does not have the talent/size/"chops" necessary for D1 without trashing future coach-coach inter-action.

In the end, that's the requirement. "P" has to be willing to give a kid proposed by a coach a look, and give the recommending coach reasons why(not). The HS coach has to realize that "P's" opinion is based on rational evaluation.

Reaction Score
I read that Ebenezer loves UConn, so his decommit may be a weak decommit, as was his commit.

Reaction Score
While watching the Marone tape(very impressive), I couldn't help but notice that RB. Short but strong, quick, agile, powerful. Does anyone know who that kid is, if he is a player?

Reaction Score
While watching the Marone tape(very impressive), I couldn't help but notice that RB. Short but strong, quick, agile, powerful. Does anyone know who that kid is, if he is a player?

Just went back and watched his highlight tape. You are right my friend. Kid looks pretty good to me. Great agility, doesn't want to go down, bounces around through the line like a pinball.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm more impressed with the RB than I am with Barone lol. Kid looks like a legit prospect. Hoping someone can find out what year this kid is, who is and get him on our radar. Something tells me if PP and the staff checked out Barone, they have to at least know who the RB. You don't watch that highlight tape without noticing the kid.

Reaction Score
per Mike Pucci, New Haven Register

National 7-on-7 Tournament Results

Information sent by Jack Cochran.
18 players from Connecticut competed in a National 7-on-7 Tournament in Philadelphia this past weekend.

The team went 5-1 and advanced to the semifinals.

Team CT members:
Tim Boyle QB Xavier
Harold Cooper OLB Hillhouse
Ashton Grant DB Manchester
Nick Linta WR Hamden Hall
Chris Luster FS Xavier
Andrew Matos WR Ansonia
Jevaughn Moore C Hillhouse
Tommy Myers TE Coventry
Arkeel Newsome RB/OLB Ansonia
Marcus Outlow RB/OLB NFA
Jason Piontkowski WR/FS Masuk
Justin Potts C Platt
Connor Rowe QB Ridgefield
Anthony Scirpo WR Woodland
Austin Tautkus WR Ellington
Keyshawn Thomas OLB Bridgeport Central
Mike Whalen WR Hamden Hall
Jalon White C North Haven

Reaction Score
thanks keith! sounds like ct showed up and played well. our home grown kids are getting more media now than ever!

couple questions if any1 knows about these kids...
1) how big is harold cooper? is he a lb or what at the next level?
2) i've been told that rowe doesn't show great arm strenght but is a great runner. is he a ath recruit more likely than a qb?
-matos looks like a sleeper from all ive heard on here and around.

Harold Cooper (So.), Hillhouse, RB, 5'6, 175
134 carries, 1835 yards, 13.7 y/c, 24 TDs
55m 2012 Track State Open Champion (6.55s)

Cooper is very similar to Arkeel Newsome, not very big, but has good vision, and burst. He didn't have great numbers against the better SCC defenses, but dominant against SCC-DII.

Don't know much about Rowe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E1jOvdoaoA

I think Matos is a sleeper, he won't generate much D1 interest because he not going to put up huge numbers in Ansonia's offense. However, he has D1 body (6'1, 200) and talent. Not a burner, but has good speed, great hands, plays physical.
http://youtu.be/-yAOJSVttD0 (2TD catches vs Wilby. 1st @ 3:23 mark, 2nd @ 5:12 mark)

Reaction Score
Aha. The RB on Barone's team? Looks like he is committed to Kent State.

if he committed to Kent State he must be good... Didn't they put up like 900 yards on us this year? smh lol

Edit: not kent state, obv west Mich... same colors, sue me

Reaction Score
guys check the first post and let me know what looks good and works good and what doesn't. thats every offer i know of right now in public which came out to 70 total at the minute. there is still alot of info on the players to fill out like other offers etc. scout and espn really havn't gone deep in ranking kids yet so i'll wait to add there stars and stuff. if u guys have links to vids or are watching them, post them up in this thread and i'll link them to the players in the post for easy acess for everyone. enjoy.

for the new england section i'm going to sart adding other players that don't have uconn offers. u will be able to tell becuase a offer on there means it has a * after the school. i think i'm over 50 kids now to watch in new england for this class. a big part of it is the post/prep/jcs exploding on the scene lately. the other sections i will leave to just offers or if we find kids who have interest that has got media attention. most noteablly i will probally have some ny kids from nyc/wc/pk. local flavor...

Looks good, nice work.

I think Pat Kugler committed to Michigan.

Reaction Score
if he committed to Kent State he must be good... Didn't they put up like 900 yards on us this year? smh lol

Edit: not kent state, obv west Mich... same colors, sue me

Very different colors actually.

Reaction Score
edelman.jpg

louis-delmas.jpg

Eh, white/black and Gold/yellow

Whatever, about the same from row 35 section 229 lol

I'll still be annoyed in 3 years if that RB is killin' it

Reaction Score
Lol. Didn't realize Kent State had much different uniforms this years. Their gear used to be much brighter blue and gold. That almost looks like Mizzou when you first look at em.

I agree about the RB. Kid looked very good and a legit D1 prospect. Flew under the radar.

Reaction Score
One of BC's top OL targets Jack McDonald visited spring practice and was offered this past weekend......oh how sweet it would be

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
i like that offer but i'm afraid that those MA guys may all be a package deal to bcu. i kep reading things from umass and mostly bc places that 1 plays bball with the other and 1 does this with the other and so on. i hope they all saw what a nice facility we have and how much better our program is right now compared to that mess up in boston.

any1 know if Rollin(VA hs recruit) was at practice on saturday?

the big news for uconn fans this weekend is this. nd had offered 8 qbs so far this class and its been said that they were looking for 1 qb in this class(who knows if true but...). boyle and 1 other recruit that already had 1 of those 8 offers were at nd junior day this weekend. the other kid(not boyle) committed today after the weekend. that would lead me to think boyle and nd are not happening so fingers crossed...

Not sure how much is BC propaganda in all honesty. They got basically shut out last year and need this year to be a good year in Mass recruiting. If not I can see them cleaning house

Reaction Score
It's all going to depend on Hurst. Lucky for us Hurst is a massive BC lean and might commit soon. If he does expect McDonald and Montgomery to commit soon after. Montelus would be down the road. Montgomery mentioned the other day they've all talked about playing together, and Montelus said he's very good friends with Mo and Tevin.

Also Rolin was at BC today.

Reaction Score
Hurst got offered by Nebraska and Mich St. recently.....really think he is going to commit to BC over Nebraska or Mich St.?

Reaction Score
Hurst got offered by Nebraska and Mich St. recently.....really think he is going to commit to BC over Nebraska or Mich St.?

I'm not a BC fan, but I will tell you that there is no longer a reason for UConn to roll over and die every time a B10 offer comes in on one of our targets. If I feel that way about UConn, wouldn't BC fans feel the same about their targets, particularly local talent?

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc