2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He just said basically he committed due to the coach that got hired by Rutgers and is a "soft verbal" right now

Reaction Score
Since it has been a topic of discussion lately.....this was interesting (from ESPN Rumor insider):

"Big recruiting day tomorrow here at ND. Looking forward to meeting and hangin with 5 star Fort Wayne native @JaeeSmiff9ENT."

That Tweet appeared on Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert's Twitter account Friday night, in anticipation of a visit to Notred Dame by tight end recruit Jaylon Smith, according to Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune. Though the Tweet was shortly deleted, as Eifert has no doubt learned, nothing is ever truly deleted on the Internet. Which is bad news, because the Tweet appears to violate NCAA rules stating that "A member institution shall not publicize (or arrange for publicity of) a prospective student-athlete's visit to the institution's campus."

Hamilton talked to someone with the NCAA who told him that this probably wouldn't be a big deal. "Without commenting specifically on this instance, the NCAA spokesman said that secondary violations are those considered 'isolated' and 'inadvertent' and offering 'no competitive advantage,'" Hamilton wrote.

Reaction Score
Just shows how wording and intent are so debatable when monitoring recruiting and social media. This is minor, but I can't wait to see the NCAA investigating violations when they find out schools gave spreadable cream cheese for the complementary bagels. Then there will be hell to pay.

Reaction Score
-todd stafford has a umass offer
-sadiq olanrewaju has a offer from uva now to go with his temple offer. he is someone i really want in this class...he is at rutgers visiting this weekend, went to the bball game i think also vs sju.

new names to watch for 2013:
-frank zumbo a nd fairfield fb/lb/ls.
-tyneil cooper goes to la salle hs in ri. cb/ath/wr
-andrew barton goes to ridgefield hs in ct. umass showing interest
-all the dean kids are starting to hit the sites now, looks like a full list of the class that PP clearly helped build will be public info shortly. stay tunned for that.

how about some new 2014 names:
-cj moore put him right next to newsome as a kid in that year we should go all out for. big wr out of suffield acd.
-nick kelly of staples hs in ct is a ath recruit wise. i think he saw time at qb/rb/wr/s among other spots as a soph on varsity.

is it to early for 2015? ok i'll wait but suffield acd has a monster DE already waiting for a coming out party up there...

Any info on how Arkeel Newsome's visit went. Wondered if UConn offered. There seems to be rumors that he would commit if offered. Also when you get a chance can you list the Dean JC players. You seem to feel like UConn is the clear leaders with these kids. Hope you are right. Like I stated in an earlier post, keep up the good work. You add a great deal to this forum.

Reaction Score
Was checking out the 247 recruiting site. It lists that we have 1 commit (Ogundecko), but it does not list Noel Thomas as a commit. If anything I would think it would be the other way around, because some are reporting that Ogundecko is a soft commit and Thomas was solid. Also has anyone heard any news on Boyle (qb) from Xavier. He is rated the #2 player in Ct. Would be nice to keep him home.

Reaction Score
Was checking out the 247 recruiting site. It lists that we have 1 commit (Ogundecko), but it does not list Noel Thomas as a commit. If anything I would think it would be the other way around, because some are reporting that Ogundecko is a soft commit and Thomas was solid. Also has anyone heard any news on Boyle (qb) from Xavier. He is rated the #2 player in Ct. Would be nice to keep him home.

Haven't heard any recruiting news on Boyle, but the kid has everything you want in a QB. A great frame, can add some muscle. Great arm strength, throws with a lot of zip on the ball. Not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to complete a throw. Does a good job of scrambling out of the pocket to avoid pressure. Completed a 60 yard TD pass in the state championship game this year that flew 50 yards in the air. I wouldn't mind keeping him home either. Shared snaps the last few years, but should show everyone what he's made of this season as the full time starter.

Reaction Score
Haven't heard any recruiting news on Boyle, but the kid has everything you want in a QB. A great frame, can add some muscle. Great arm strength, throws with a lot of zip on the ball. Not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to complete a throw. Does a good job of scrambling out of the pocket to avoid pressure. Completed a 60 yard TD pass in the state championship game this year that flew 50 yards in the air. I wouldn't mind keeping him home either. Shared snaps the last few years, but should show everyone what he's made of this season as the full time starter.

Boyle recently received an offer from Syracuse. He could have one from ND by the end of the month.

I posted in another thread that Boyle is playing for the, Jack Cochran coached, CT All Stars in various passing leagues. He is teammates with Ansonia's Arkeel Newsome and Andrew Matos (who doing double duty playing for Ansonia's team in the passing leagues, as well). I heard Boyle has looked very good. Like you said great pocket presence, good poise, has the ability to scramble and throw, and has a rocket arm. I believe the only team to beat them has been Ansonia, who has beaten everyone and looks poised for another title run in 2012.

Reaction Score
Came across this looking for info on winter passing leagues. It's a look at the top returning QB's in the Southwest Conference (SWC), including Boeing Brown. Interesting comments from a poster on Boeing Brown, don't know if I put much stock in it, but interesting none the less.

http://fciacswcsports.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/11/#comments

Reaction Score
Boyle recently received an offer from Syracuse. He could have one from ND by the end of the month.

I posted in another thread that Boyle is playing for the, Jack Cochran coached, CT All Stars in various passing leagues. He is teammates with Ansonia's Arkeel Newsome and Andrew Matos (who doing double duty playing for Ansonia's team in the passing leagues, as well). I heard Boyle has looked very good. Like you said great pocket presence, good poise, has the ability to scramble and throw, and has a rocket arm. I believe the only team to beat them has been Ansonia, who has beaten everyone and looks poised for another title run in 2012.

Kinda ironic - would Jack recommend UConn to Boyle?

Reaction Score
Kinda ironic - would Jack recommend UConn to Boyle?

I don't think he has to. He's only coaching him in the passing league. That would fall more on Xavier HC, Sean Marinan. However, JC does have a great relationship with HCPP. If PP asked for an evaluation of Boyle, Jack wouldn't lie to HCPP. I also believe he wouldn't have put him on his CT All Star team if he didn't think he was very good.

Reaction Score
Marinan had beef with Edsall, not UConn persay over the recruitment (or lack thereof) of Amari back in 05-06. With Edsall being gone, I see no reason that Marinan would have anything negative to say about UConn, and HCPP in particular.

Reaction Score
Marinan had beef with Edsall, not UConn persay over the recruitment (or lack thereof) of Amari back in 05-06. With Edsall being gone, I see no reason that Marinan would have anything negative to say about UConn, and HCPP in particular.

Marinan came off sounding like a child.

Reaction Score
Marinan came off sounding like a child.
Say what you will about Marinan, but when UConn doesn't even give a sniff at a kid who was the best player in the state two years in a row, I can understand his frustration.

Reaction Score
It took Edsall years to learn that UConn and Connecticut are the exact same thing in the state.

Reaction Score
Say what you will about Marinan, but when UConn doesn't even give a sniff at a kid who was the best player in the state two years in a row, I can understand his frustration.

I agree. I went to Xavier, known Amari my whole life, seen his abilities first hand many times. The kid has been a stud athlete from the time he started playing sports. He didn't even like to lift because he didn't want it to ruin his flexibility. He's beefed up quite a bit now, but he was an unbelievable athlete on the grid iron and hardwood. I couldn't believe Edsall wouldn't give him a look. It's a shame that coaching staff didn't keep him in CT. I would be kind of ticked if I was Marinan as well.

Reaction Score
offered this kid Janarion Grant from Florida... just refuses to get tackled, wow.

Kid looks like a legit ST threat. Could be a nice replacement after Williams graduates. As you mentioned he just refuses to go down. Great ability. I saw he is listed as an athlete. What other position(s) does he play?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Manarian, Janarion, Amari... I'm confused.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I agree. I went to Xavier, known Amari my whole life, seen his abilities first hand many times. The kid has been a stud athlete from the time he started playing sports. He didn't even like to lift because he didn't want it to ruin his flexibility. He's beefed up quite a bit now, but he was an unbelievable athlete on the grid iron and hardwood. I couldn't believe Edsall wouldn't give him a look. It's a shame that coaching staff didn't keep him in CT. I would be kind of ticked if I was Marinan as well.

Not true as UConn offered him late, but did offer him. I agree UConn blew it with him.

Reaction Score
The bigger issues is how big an egomaniac does a high school coach have to be to get himself worked up over a college coach who's just trying to do his job. If Edsall and his staff weren't quick enough to realize what Spivey might do in college, their loss. But intelligent people move on and recognize that they are evaluating hundreds of players and they may screw up on some but it's not a personal insult.

And this has nothing to do with Edsall. P is certainly a better people person, but this will happen to him as well (although probably not as much).

Reaction Score
The bigger issues is how big an egomaniac does a high school coach have to be to get himself worked up over a college coach who's just trying to do his job. If Edsall and his staff weren't quick enough to realize what Spivey might do in college, their loss. But intelligent people move on and recognize that they are evaluating hundreds of players and they may screw up on some but it's not a personal insult.

And this has nothing to do with Edsall. P is certainly a better people person, but this will happen to him as well (although probably not as much).

It happens all over college football. People miss on kids, even when they are right in their backyard (our own Lawrence Wilson is a good example of this. Alabama kid)

The thing I don't understand is how can a coach hold a grudge over a program because they "screwed up the recruiting"? Get over yourself. Your job is to assist kids with recruiting, not try to steer kids away because your feelings were hurt.

Reaction Score
Part of recruiting is harboring good relationships with coaches, who do have a lot of influence on where players go. Edsall failed in that respect, as was evidenced by the number of CT coaches who spoke out against him and felt disrespected.

PLEASE LET'S NOT TURN THIS INTO AN EDSALL THREAD, I REGRET BRINGING IT UP.

Reaction Score
Wow! He has great vision and is deadly in open space. Does he have any more offers or are we the first? What kind of competition does he play against, because it is probably pretty good, but he makes everyone else out there look cemented to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom