2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't see it as a running back, but wow, love his defensive tape. Flexible hips, adjusts to the ball in the air, and very sound coming up against the run. Definitely looks like a BCS player at CB or Safety.

Reaction Score
Not true as UConn offered him late, but did offer him. I agree UConn blew it with him.

Too little too late, might as well been not at all. I remember seeing a bunch of BIG 10 teams posted on the locker room poster board, letters expressing interested and what not in Amari. 5 or 6 years ago, there is no way UConn can compete with teams like Iowa, MSU, etc.

Reaction Score
not sure which positions he played, just saw he was offered on twitter and looked for tape. as far as other offers, rivals said rutgers, usf, bethune-cookman, umass, ecu.

Reaction Score
Add about 15 lbs to this guy and he is a beast. you LOVE to see that type of effort/balance/foot quickness in a big RB type. Love that tape.

this kid's CLEARLY a RB... vision and moves ( elusiveness ) and break away speed... AND he's KR/PR... He runs low... 15 - 20 lbs makes him an ideal TB in our system... I hope we are recruiting this kid hard... Kinda reminds me of Torrey Taylor from the '98 squad but bigger...
WOW... He jumps out at ya on Defense too! Just started watching that part...
Bottomline a football player that can make an immediate impact on either side of the ball. The kind we currently do not have.

We get this kid ( who IMO, probably end up at least a 4 star ) it will show that Coach P is really taking our recruiting to the next level.

Reaction Score
Part of recruiting is harboring good relationships with coaches, who do have a lot of influence on where players go. Edsall failed in that respect, as was evidenced by the number of CT coaches who spoke out against him and felt disrespected.

PLEASE LET'S NOT TURN THIS INTO AN EDSALL THREAD, I REGRET BRINGING IT UP.

I love this. I want rational people to realize that those of us who respect what Edsall did here deal with this all the time. Posters who take shots, and then say but I don't want to discuss it so please don't respond.

Reaction Score
I love this. I want rational people to realize that those of us who respect what Edsall did here deal with this all the time. Posters who take shots, and then say but I don't want to discuss it so please don't respond.
I loved Edsall, was very sad to see him go, I have just seen a number of threads highjacked into debates back and forth over Edsall. I don't want to see a thread entitled "some recruiting stuff" to wind up being one of those debates, that's all chief.
That being said, I played ball with Amari and every single person knew from preseason camp freshman year that he was going D1. There was no reason to not recruit him.

Reaction Score
The reason is the staff messed up. That is not the issue. The issue is why in the world the Xavier staff would take it personally.

Do you really think an AP History teacher tells star pupils not to apply to Brown because they don't like the fact that Brown didn't accept their star pupil last year?

Reaction Score
The reason is the staff messed up. That is not the issue. The issue is why in the world the Xavier staff would take it personally.

Do you really think an AP History teacher tells star pupils not to apply to Brown because they don't like the fact that Brown didn't accept their star pupil last year?

Wow, interesting question. Short answer is simply......no. But that's not an accurate reflection of the situation.

Because Brown (or University X) most likely was not recruiting/pursuing that high school history major to be admitted and granted financial aid for performance in the classroom.

But, had (university X) had an attractive history department program path, and even offered financial assitance to be part of it to highly qualified history students.....

.... and that AP history teacher strongly advised star pupil Y to pursue the admissions process to University X, and was confident that pupil was more than qualifed for admissions standards in that classroom.....

..... and University X had denied admissions, or simply flat out ignored the application forms and not processed them at all......

......I'm sure that AP history teacher would have questions as to why and the answers to the questions they ask, or the failure to get any answers at all, to those questions after asking, may affect how strongly that teacher recommended that program in the future.

Communication. It was not our former coach's best strength. He was much better at other stuff.

Reaction Score
We have offered TE Charlie Reid out of the DFW area. He's 6'3 225 lbs Caught 41 passes last yr for 637 yards and 5 tds. He has offers from Ole Miss, Zona and TCU with visits to OU, OSU and Rice set up in the coming weeks. He runs a 4.65 and from the video looks pretty legit.

Reaction Score

Completely agree with this assessment. IMHO, the Xavier staff comes off looking like a bunch petty, thin-skinned, whining babies.

Reaction Score
We also have offered OT Alex Mayes out of Van Alstyne, TX also in the DFW area. 6'5 265 lbs offers from Minn and Kansas.

Reaction Score
Ogundeko was offered by Rutgers about a week ago. He didn't seem too excited about the offer, but we'll see. He says he still plans on going to UConn.

Reaction Score
Ogundeko was offered by Rutgers about a week ago. He didn't seem too excited about the offer, but we'll see. He says he still plans on going to UConn.

It's also only March and young kids love to change their minds. To be honest not a bad idea to accept a scholarship that is guaranteed, continue to work and maybe a more prestigious program offers him down the road. Certainly shady and not cool, but that kind of stuff happens. I get the feeling that some kids would just rather say they played football at a school (god forbid) like PSU rather than UConn. Just my IMO, but I am really hoping this kids commitment is as solid as it gets. Looks like a good athlete with size and speed as an end rusher.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
several new england guys got some nice offers lately. going to be tough for us and bc to keep them home.
hurst-nebraska
montellus-nd
olanrewaju-uva/ruty

these guys would all be great gets but we have our work cut out to land them. big year for new england like i have been saying.

more new england action from bc, they offered mcdonald.

this is funny guys, the reason i wrote bc and not bcu was to see how many of u check my twitter. what i retweeted today was funny stuff when i found the offer that mcdonald got. props to epark being the 1st to see it...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Kid looks good. He's got good height and massive feet which leads me to believe he will eventually fill out and be an unstoppable force in the trenches. BC really making moves this recruiting season. Looks like they might be ready to claw their way towards being a top 5 team in Massachusetts
ronald_mcdonald_jumping1.jpg

Reaction Score
Marinan had beef with Edsall, not UConn persay over the recruitment (or lack thereof) of Amari back in 05-06. With Edsall being gone, I see no reason that Marinan would have anything negative to say about UConn, and HCPP in particular.

Rob Ambrose was the Assistant Coach who was involved in the whole mess with Amari and Marinan.

Reaction Score
several new england guys got some nice offers lately. going to be tough for us and bc to keep them home.
hurst-nebraska
montellus-nd
olanrewaju-uva/ruty

these guys would all be great gets but we have our work cut out to land them. big year for new england like i have been saying.

this is funny guys, the reason i wrote bc and not bcu was to see how many of u check my twitter. what i retweeted today was funny stuff when i found the offer that mcdonald got. props to epark being the 1st to see it...

Hurst and Montgemery will be up at BC, Montellus and Issac will both leave New England. No real feel on McDonald...

Reaction Score
this kid's CLEARLY a RB... vision and moves ( elusiveness ) and break away speed... AND he's KR/PR... He runs low... 15 - 20 lbs makes him an ideal TB in our system... I hope we are recruiting this kid hard... Kinda reminds me of Torrey Taylor from the '98 squad but bigger...
WOW... He jumps out at ya on Defense too! Just started watching that part...
Bottomline a football player that can make an immediate impact on either side of the ball. The kind we currently do not have.

We get this kid ( who IMO, probably end up at least a 4 star ) it will show that Coach P is really taking our recruiting to the next level.

Disagree on the running back view. He is clearly a BCS defensive back, though, IMO. That was some impressive stuff on the defensive side.

Reaction Score
PA WR Zack Chillingworth per TOS. Link.

Absolutly love this quote. Not sure he is a target this early in the recruiting year, but its great to see the recruiting dividends from things like UConn 2000/Storrs Center.

""I'm excited to receive interest from them," said Challingsworth. "I actually got to see them play West Virginia while I was attending their game and I really liked their style of play. I also just looked up more about the school and it looks like they have great academics and it's a beautiful place. It looks like a college town for sure."

Reaction Score
Boeing, to my knowledge, was being recruited almost exclusively by Morehead. They had a pretty good relationship by all accounts. Since Joe advanced to a HC gig, the priorities of our coaching staff were basically put on hiring a new QB coach, and we've now had a QB coach on board for about 6 weeks now, that's had to get up to speed on who we've already got, and getting his feet wet in the waters of college football after having come from the NFL as recently as a few weeks prior.......

I'm completely guessing at all of this..... but...

I think it's probably safe to say that the intensity by which UConn was recruiting Boeing may have dropped off a bit in the past few weeks from what he was used to as a junior, and it's probably safe to say, that now that spring practice will be starting up, and Day is going to be up to speed with the current roster and have a real good feel of what we've got at the depth chart there, and where we want to go with it, that if UConn is trully interested in the young man, then recruiting will definitely heat up for him.

I agree with Cerrano, the quote as posted seems out of character, no reference I can see either as to where it came from. Message board gossip is all it is.

Reaction Score
UCONN remains a top school for me being I have gone to the summer camps there for a few years, was close with the staff and hope to hear more with Coach Pasqualoni now that my main contact Coach Moorehead has since moved on to be the new Head Coach at Fordham

Be very, very careful on how you use social media, for example on Twitter it can be seen by all, it goes viral and public instantly and so never criticize, commit or comment inappropriately with Twitter, but pay attention and realize you will find fans, coaches and programs that can help you there. Facebook is the most critical, because as Junior High kids it is easy to post immature, stupid or even risky things from photos, to cursing or parties and through High School you need to be careful. Even when you think you have it blocked or private someone will and can find it. It is truly a living resume and extension of who you are….so if you have it, use it, make posts, be positive, promote and be kind, make friends, but monitor the crap some people will post and be sure you never post controversial messages. The greatest compliment I have received was when I was entering the building to the recruiting line at Penn State for the Nebraska game, Coach Kavanaugh saw me way in back in line, came quickly up to pull me in and ahead and his first statement was “Boeing Brown, I am so glad you made it today, welcome. I have to tell you, that out of any recruit we are considering you have the most articulate and respectful Facebook page we have seen. It is a testament to the kind of player and person we see in you!”

- Boeing Brown 2/28/2012

http://expandedsports.com/2012/02/llll/

I think it's safe to say, that wherever that quote above came from, it wasn't from the source. I think it's more than safe to say, that our new QB coach has had a ton on his plate to get sorted out b/w mid-January and the start of spring practice, and that if Boeing is going to be someone that we feel can be a player at that position in the future, we'll be after him. He clearly is waiting to hear from us.

Somebody get P on the phone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01