2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most of these sites will give you more love as subscriptions are purchased. Just the way it is. That's why, for the most part, I view them for entertainment purposes only.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted yet but according to tos we've offered a D-end from ASA College in Brooklyn, NY named Aaron Hush. He's listed at 6' 4", 290 lbs. and has offers from NC State, Penn State, and Pittsburgh as well.

Reaction Score
Just went to 24/7 and saw an odd posting - they say we have 2 commits, but they classify Noel as "0" and say UConn is a favorite - they do not officially list him as a commit. I don't understand their site or categories, so it might be that they wait until they can confirm w/the kid or the school. Just found it an odd way to show a commit.

Reaction Score
hmm just checked and hes no longer listed. i think its a glitch in the system or something, his profile says hes commited its just not under our list there. w/e it will get fixed eventually. hes a solid commit and i have talked to him and confirmed myself a while back so its all good. love the kids attitude and its truly great that we are keeping in state talent like him home! we all know hes a commit, the site will get it right eventually. can't wait for our next commit, PP has me excited about recruiting(as u guys know)....

Mr. Tebow, are you excited for the potentially exciting 2013 recruiting class?

Reaction Score
Meant to post this hear but accidentally posted it in the commitment thread instead:

M. Hurst received an offer the The Ohio State University today. He has been gushing about being in disbelief all day today on twitter.

This is one thing other schools can't compete with when recruiting. The kid looks at the name of the college and the prestige that goes along with it, when they have little chance to make an early impact and will be competing with many more highly regarded recruits and much deeper depth charts.

Reaction Score
not alot to talk about today on the recruit trail. i'm still smiling about that rg3 quote!

-sooo PSU had one heck of a day on the recruit trail. three(2 are official) killer adds for them. thats expected of that program but now that staff has quickly showed they can recruit, glad they haven't been around here yet. gives us a nice chance to plant the boot in the area firm.

-seen several chats on twitter about kids from hs in nj going to camp at uconn with there whole teams or upperclassmen. sounds like we are quickly mkaing a impression.

-for those that think everything is always great news on twitter, not so much. it seems some of our efforts in trying to recruit texas are being laughed at. one recruit got a offer and lol'd about it with another couple guys over twitter. he is a atm/tcu lock but it is what it is. glad were attempting to build some name brand down there and over time we will be rewarded is my belief.

-anyone know @rshwn?

-there is a article on isaacs on bcs rivals page, anyone read? anything news worthy besides hes looking around...

-todd stafford has a umass offer
-sadiq olanrewaju has a offer from uva now to go with his temple offer. he is someone i really want in this class...he is at rutgers visiting this weekend, went to the bball game i think also vs sju.

new names to watch for 2013:
-frank zumbo a nd fairfield fb/lb/ls.
-tyneil cooper goes to la salle hs in ri. cb/ath/wr
-andrew barton goes to ridgefield hs in ct. umass showing interest
-all the dean kids are starting to hit the sites now, looks like a full list of the class that PP clearly helped build will be public info shortly. stay tunned for that.

how about some new 2014 names:
-cj moore put him right next to newsome as a kid in that year we should go all out for. big wr out of suffield acd.
-nick kelly of staples hs in ct is a ath recruit wise. i think he saw time at qb/rb/wr/s among other spots as a soph on varsity.

is it to early for 2015? ok i'll wait but suffield acd has a monster DE already waiting for a coming out party up there...

Saw the Barton kid at the National Underclassman 5-star showcase in NJ. He has good quickness and has a nose for the ball. Found his highlights on youtube.

Reaction Score
Add DT Jay Hayes 6'5 270lbs from Poly Prep in N.Y to the list, he holds offers from Uconn and Rutgers

Reaction Score
Rivals is reporting that Ogundeko is back on campus for the third time in 5 weeks and this time he brought his high school coach......here's to hoping

Reaction Score
I know he has already signed as part of the 2012 class, but Rennick Bryan came out to spring practice today as well.

Reaction Score
UConn offered Shahid Hoover a a 5'10 180 lb RB from CO. He's in the top 190 in the nation according to 247. He runs a 4.4 and this past season he ran for 1079 yards on 118 carries with 10 tds.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/925144/shahid-hoover#.T4pPo0d8Zvg.link

I like his potential. Not a flashy back, that can plant and change direction, but I like his size, he has excellent balance, and great burst through the hole. He looks like he could be a good between the tackles runner. I could see him playing at 5'10, 210 in a few years.

Reaction Score
Husky Dan, you are the man, thanks for all of the updates, I've been doing a few searches only to find you already have them listed. Nice job.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
new england guys down at uva this weekend.
5e7f9e0c870811e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

-Ayone else notice that purdue is really trying to be what Iowa was the past 5 years here in the northeast. They are making a clear push east for recruits. Wonder who on that staff has the connections.

-I like the way were trying to build a name in CO/TX

-Having a real hard time guaging the group of guys from ma that are all highly sought after. Especially because PSU recruiting is going so well that they already have ships locled up at a couple spots these guys play at. Hurst was a PSU dreamer and visited there last week I read. They don't have a ship right now for him, unreal what that staff has done so quick. I have a hard time buying that all these guys are going to BCU considering the other offers they all have and how bad BCU is. I mean how can those kids look at that bubble over the field up there and then look at practice facilities at other big time schools and honestly pick BCU? If they want to stay close to home I understand and I know a place with good facilities thats game morning driveable for all of them but anyway lol...

-I would love to see a acurate updated list of all the offers the kid Montelus has. You can add Miami to that list. Hes going to visit Florida soon. I can't wait for MF and BCU fans to tell us about MA's fab 5.

-J Beckford(hyde) was up at UMass this weekend.

Their fans are delusional in thinking they will land most of not all of the top five Massachusetts players from the class of 2013. I would love if UConn landed one of the lineman on both the offensive side and defensive side.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
anyone have a update on whats up with ogundeko? someone posted that he visited again with his hs coach recently.

on rivals there is a barone article up. says hes going to visit for the spring game.

Ogundeko has been to Storrs three times so far. I think he likes UConn, just a waiting game now

Reaction Score
Jon Hicks, Ellis Marder, Clax and Zach Rugg are all coming as well....maybe they can talk some of the 2013 guys into coming to UConn

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-rumor on the street: isaacs will be with all the recruits and commits visiting this weekend....u didn't hear that rumor here:p

-j beckford is now at ruty for a visit this weekend

-hurst at tosu spring game this weekend

According to Isaacs' twitter he is at Maryland today. Are you sure he's going to the UConn spring game?
u got me

Ogun just landed a gators offer. WOW

dave coggins(local kid) was at the game btw

David Coggins, 6'1, 180, WR (Sacred Heart, Waterbury) had an incredible sophomore season in 2010, catching 78 passes for 1417 yards, 9 TDs. After running a 4.5 at the BC camp during the summer of 2011, he received a BC offer. He suffered a broken ankle in a preseason game causing him to miss his entire junior season.

does his bc offer still stand?

of our first 75ish offers out, 21 guys commited to schools. we landed two of them.
i expect to see some offers the next month or so but not many, i think by mid august we will have 100ish out. i'm thinking 125-150 offers this year total.

I don't see that offer any better than OSU, Stanford or Alabama. I mean Bama has won two national championships in the three years.
I still think UConn has a good change even with all the big offers. It is time for UConn to win one of these battles.

that offer and tosu are extremely impressive becuase those 2 schools are among the best at producing DE's in the league. urban knows his DE's.....

i saw that j beckford got a top 5 rb award/notice for the camp this weekend. any one else know of stuff from that camp?

Noel Thomas was at the Pittsburgh 7/7....here is what Bob Lichtenfels had to say:

"Western Massachusetts was knocked out early on Sunday, but New Canaan (Conn.) St. Luke's wide receiver/defensive back Noel Thomas was a force. On a team without a bunch of D-I talent, Thomas was a force. The Connecticut commit should be an impressive college football player."

love that!

word on the street is that ebenezer ogundeko can graduate early, so that is why he is getting so many offers from schools along with the fact thats he a stud that ppl just didn't know about until recently. this weekend btw he won the dl mvp at the nj camp...

The UConn staff seems to think they're in very good shape with Ogundeko.

interesting considering the news from him this past weekend. this is what i had in mind when PP was hired, being right in the thick of the race for big time kids. its happening and sooner than later were going to land them.

calling hurst to tosu sometime soon.
i could be 2 for 2 on MA kids if i'm right :eek:
but its all good, bc is in good shape with him...

oh also, we should offer devon wilson, same hs as barone. big wr with a offer from ncst already. not sure how many wr's we need this class becuase we loaded up this winter, but i'm sure he has to be getting looks from us.

-we offered garrett dickerson from berg cath in nj. also has a offer from northwestern.

-stokes said recently that us, wvu and nw were recruiting him the hardest lately.

There was an article on Scout.com that I found interesting in regards to Boeing Brown, here are some quotes:

"Last week, Brookfield (CT) quarterback Boeing Brown traveled to Florida, his home state, to check out some college campuses. As a native of Florida, Brown grew up a fan of the Gators and the Knights. "

"Florida is traditionally a high performance offense with a high-powered defense and I am excited to see the future and learn more. No matter what, as a Florida native, I will always like the Gators,” Brown said"

.....So should he techincally be part of the "CT Prospects" sheet?

he lives in ct and plays at brookfield. maybe you are being sarcastic? he was born in fl and his family moved up here when he was little. his dad played at ucf.....goodluck to the kid. i think one of the qbs we have already offered we are in good shape with.

Dan, who is Stokes? I don't see a Stokes on Rivals or 247. Full names would help those of us who don't follow recruiting in great depth.

to be honest, i'm trying to figure it out also. i saw it on twitter and responded and didn't get a answer back. was hoping some 1 here knew by chance. i just like seeing uconns name being thrown around lol.

edit- got a name. landon stokes from FL. added to the list on the first page....

todays news:
-laray smith got a offer from indiana. now has that + uconn, cuse, wm, buff
-rb corey clement got a uconn offer
-st joes - montvalle nj wr ricky jeune got a uconn offer
-jaryd jones smith of west catholic will be going to a uconn camp this summer
-john appice visited recently and perkins is visiting him at school soon. he will also camp this summer at uconn. per rivals.

Rivals has Dickerson as a '14 recruit... Is this thread now a mixture of '13 and '14 recruits?

nope. my bad. i will put him in the 2014 thread.

nick saban visited ogundeko at his hs. spent a hour with him. purdue also visited. he is visiting tosu soon.

no sarcasim

Shouldn't "in-state" kids be kids that are born and raised....I mean I can grow up in CA and then do prep school for a year in NY....doesn't tie any allegiance to Syracuse

for ct and new england prospects i just put everyone that currently plays football in those states in the thread. like the kid that commited to uva is in the thread but i wrote that he lives in MD when i found out. not sure the beef here. boeing lives in ct and plays for a public school in ct....i'm going to keep it as is just to track kids. i don't think a kid that lives in ct, has family with season tix at the rent and plays at his local public school(brookfield) should be a fl prospect...am i missing something here?

i was told that graduating early for EO wasn't ment as next jan enrolling somewhere but as in will be on campus at a college this fall. anyone confirm this or have better info?

-coggins still does have a BC offer.
-agustus edwards was timed at a 4.58 40 recently
-local kid(torrington) rb joan toribio ran a 4.57 40

weekend notes:
-ousmane camara has a purdue offer as we know and has stated they are at the top of his list. its hard to guage tho how serious he is about that cause they are his only offer thats public. he has visited uconn cuse and ruty recently and duke has also gotten in contact. wholley is the guy recruiting him for us. anyway, on twitter he said he would be commiting to a school on august 15th. wonder if we will get in on him or not...
-we have offered tommy hopkins! local kid i have spoke about before. as of right now hes only reporting a offer from bucknell as well.
-acording to justin rowland on twitter "office will make decisions late after his officials, bc, cuse, uconn, pitt in play. bc has offered.
-i saw a post about about Z. Williams already, nice job!

from the NYP
Notes: Tottenville junior wide receiver Malique Belfort (6-3, 170) has offers from Boston College and Temple, he said. Virginia, Alabama, Maryland, UConn and Towson have all shown interest. … Holy Trinity junior quarterback Chris Laviano has picked up an offer from Boston College, according to his DMaxx 7-on-7 travel coach Ray Lizzi. Laviano (6-2, 200) already had an offer from Rutgers and has visited Notre Dame, Lizzi said. … Fort Hamilton wide receiver/safety Travon Reid holds offers from Syracuse and UMass, and interest from Temple and Rutgers, he said. He’s visited Syracuse, Rutgers and Temple and will be at UMass this weekend, the junior said. ... Erasmus Hall sophomore running back Curtis Samuel (6-1, 180) has offers from UConn and Rutgers, E-Hall coach Danny Landberg said. Connecticut came to the Brooklyn school Monday to see Samuel, junior linebacker Rujel Henry, sophomore defensive back Darin Peart and sophomore running Kahlil Lewin. … Xaverian speedster Laray Smith (6-1,175), who has had a very successful track season, has picked up an offer from Western Michigan to go along with Syracuse, UConn and Buffalo. Penn State and Indiana have both shown interest in the running back, who runs a 4.46 40-yard dash. ... Sheepshead Bay defensive tackle Rashaad Coward said he has drawn interest from UConn, Syracuse, Maryland, Marshall, Albany, Stony Brook, Temple, Duke and Boston College. He expects to land a few offers by mid-May after schools see his improved transcript. ... Beach Channel junior lineman Folorunso Fatukasi has an offer from Buffalo and heavy interest from UConn, the 6-foot-4, 290-pounder said. … Jefferson quarterback Al Stewart was supposed to visit Stony Brook on Sunday, but it was cancelled because of the inclement weather. He has heard from Army and Penn as well.

Scout just ran an article saying that RB Augustus Edwards and Ogundeko are going to be a package deal and pick the same school....

Even then, the pair admits that the discussion often begins with the schools closest by, particularly SU and UConn.

“It always begins with those two schools, because both of those schools are basically fighting for me and him,” said Oguneko. “They know if they get one of us, they’re going to get the other.”

COME ON P.....GET IT DONE!!!

wow thats interesting. didn't ogundeko and smith leave jr day saying both were uconn leans. this seems like a 2rb class becuase last year was supose to be but wasn't. i dream of a haul of laray, gus and ogun.

Ogun was offered by Notre Dame and Michigan today....
wow just crazy at this point. only thing i enjoy from that is cuse visited him at school today and they had to deal with mich, nd and marshall also visiting. lost in the schuffle lol.

Reaction Score
-rumor on the street: isaacs will be with all the recruits and commits visiting this weekend....u didn't hear that rumor here:p

-j beckford is now at ruty for a visit this weekend

-hurst at tosu spring game this weekend

According to Isaacs' twitter he is at Maryland today. Are you sure he's going to the UConn spring game?

Reaction Score
According to a bullet in today's Eagle Tribune, UConn is interested in Andover, MA, kicker Mark Zavrl. Penn State and UVA among others, are interested. Andover High is the high school of new Penn State coach Bill O'Brien.

HCPP recruited this area of Massachusetts when he was at Syracuse coming out with guys like Rob Konrad.

Also liked this at the end:
Football players, don't give up if you aren't heavily recruited. Bruce Feldman of cbssports.com reported that of 36 Patriots who came up in the Internet recruiting era, 18 were 2-star recruits or lower. Two-star would be like a lesser BC type recruit or someone who plays 1-AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom