2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
David Coggins, 6'1, 180, WR (Sacred Heart, Waterbury) had an incredible sophomore season in 2010, catching 78 passes for 1417 yards, 9 TDs. After running a 4.5 at the BC camp during the summer of 2011, he received a BC offer. He suffered a broken ankle in a preseason game causing him to miss his entire junior season.

Reaction Score
I heard many kids from NJ were making their way up for the spring game. Did anyone see or confirm who was in attendance and does anyone ever talk to the recruits or approach them to get a feel for them and the interest they have in the program. I've been hearing about a few kids from NJ that have moved UConn down on their list. U gotta get the kids who want to be there because they are the ones that will fight the hardest for you.

Reaction Score
does his bc offer still stand?
Not sure if they pulled it after the injury. I haven't found a recruiting site that shows a BC offer, so it may have been pulled. He's a tremendous talent, has had a few incidents on the field. Including a one-game suspension for an on field altercation in the 2010 Woodland game. Having seen the video of the incident, he was defending a teammate after a late hit by a Woodland player. Not condoning his actions, he should have handled it differently. However, I love that he's not a "me" guy and wanted to protect his own player.

Reaction Score
I heard many kids from NJ were making their way up for the spring game. Did anyone see or confirm who was in attendance and does anyone ever talk to the recruits or approach them to get a feel for them and the interest they have in the program. I've been hearing about a few kids from NJ that have moved UConn down on their list. U gotta get the kids who want to be there because they are the ones that will fight the hardest for you.

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that because we, as fans, do not regularly talk to/approach recruits when the situation presents itself that they have moved UConn down their list?

On another note.....doesn't that violate NCAA rules?

Reaction Score
Just to clarify, are you suggesting that because we, as fans, do not regularly talk to/approach recruits when the situation presents itself that they have moved UConn down their list?

On another note.....doesn't that violate NCAA rules?
I'm not suggesting anything. I just wanted to know if anyone that was in attendance at the spring game took notice of who may have been in attendance and if anyone, in passing, happened to speak with a recruit. I believe everyone roams the stadium at these events and recruits usually wear name tags to identify themselves. As far as recruits from my area dropping UConn down a little as far as interest. I know Buddy Brown , an early UConn recruit, will probably commit to Georgia Tech and Zaire Williams, who was at UConn Junior day, is collecting a new offer almost daily and attended the West Virginia spring game yesterday, was offered and has made them his early favorite. Just trying to stay on top of things.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Ogun just landed a gators offer. WOW

I don't see that offer any better than OSU, Stanford or Alabama. I mean Bama has won two national championships in the three years.
I still think UConn has a good change even with all the big offers. It is time for UConn to win one of these battles.

Reaction Score
We always get commits after the summer camps. This year's dates.
  • One Day Skills Challenge Camps:
  • Saturday, June 2, 2012
  • Sunday, June 10, 2012
  • Saturday, June 16, 2012
  • Four Day Skills Development Camps:
  • (For campers entering grades 4 -8 & grades 9 - 12)
  • Session #1 - June 23 - 26, 2012
    (Sat - Tues)
  • Session #2 - June 27 - 30, 2012
    (Wed - Sat)
  • One Day Team Passing Camp:
  • Sunday, June 17, 2012 Teams Only.
So, by June 29th we can expect two or three guys to verbal.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Julian Allen was there. If UConn offers, I think he'll commit.
Thanks for the update. I had heard he was heading back up. Some academic concerns have kept him from the multiple offers he should have had under his belt already. He and Kenny Bigelow are the 2 most physically imposing athletes that I've seen this spring. Word is that Allen may be transferring to a prep for his senior yr to gain enough cores to be available for Jan 2013. Some of the possibilities are in the heart of ACC country (Va, NC area). look for his recruitment to explode once a decision is made. UConn appears to be his hands down fav, but schools like Maryland and NC State will certainly like what they see if he goes down there to finish HS. Another UConn recruit Dhameer Bradley just tore up the VTO event in NJ over the weekend getting offensive MVP. Nice looking slot receiver from Eastern Maryland. Some serious offensive fire power in the future is very possible for the Huskies. I believe they are Bradley's top choice so far.

Reaction Score
i saw that j beckford got a top 5 rb award/notice for the camp this weekend. any one else know of stuff from that camp?
I believe the weather hurt the event a little as far as the skill position players. A couple of other highly regarded UConn recruits from Jersey, Mizzell and Barnwell had excellent performances in the New Level 7 on 7 in Pburgh over the weekend.

Reaction Score
Noel Thomas was at the Pittsburgh 7/7....here is what Bob Lichtenfels had to say:

"Western Massachusetts was knocked out early on Sunday, but New Canaan (Conn.) St. Luke's wide receiver/defensive back Noel Thomas was a force. On a team without a bunch of D-I talent, Thomas was a force. The Connecticut commit should be an impressive college football player."

Reaction Score
Keep your eyes on Brandon Bell Oakcrest HS Mays Landing NJ. His interest in UConn is growing! Had a sensational weekend, not sure if he's been up to campus, but will follow up. Fantastic football player and bright kid.

Reaction Score
interesting considering the news from him this past weekend. this is what i had in mind when PP was hired, being right in the thick of the race for big time kids. its happening and sooner than later were going to land them.

One would be a start, 2 would be a trend, 3 would be well I'm not sure, but I would do the happy dance.

Reaction Score
There was an article on Scout.com that I found interesting in regards to Boeing Brown, here are some quotes:

"Last week, Brookfield (CT) quarterback Boeing Brown traveled to Florida, his home state, to check out some college campuses. As a native of Florida, Brown grew up a fan of the Gators and the Knights. "

"Florida is traditionally a high performance offense with a high-powered defense and I am excited to see the future and learn more. No matter what, as a Florida native, I will always like the Gators,” Brown said"

.....So should he techincally be part of the "CT Prospects" sheet?

pj

Reaction Score
Dan, who is Stokes? I don't see a Stokes on Rivals or 247. Full names would help those of us who don't follow recruiting in great depth.

Reaction Score
-we offered garrett dickerson from berg cath in nj. also has a offer from northwestern.

-stokes said recently that us, wvu and nw were recruiting him the hardest lately.
Rivals has Dickerson as a '14 recruit... Is this thread now a mixture of '13 and '14 recruits?

Reaction Score
he lives in ct and plays at brookfield. maybe you are being sarcastic? he was born in fl and his family moved up here when he was little. his dad played at ucf.....goodluck to the kid. i think one of the qbs we have already offered we are in good shape with.

no sarcasim

Shouldn't "in-state" kids be kids that are born and raised....I mean I can grow up in CA and then do prep school for a year in NY....doesn't tie any allegiance to Syracuse

Reaction Score
for ct and new england prospects i just put everyone that currently plays football in those states in the thread. like the kid that commited to uva is in the thread but i wrote that he lives in MD when i found out. not sure the beef here. boeing lives in ct and plays for a public school in ct....i'm going to keep it as is just to track kids. i don't think a kid that lives in ct, has family with season tix at the rent and plays at his local public school(brookfield) should be a fl prospect...am i missing something here?

no beef man...lol same team remember?

I'm not even talking about your list of prospects.....I know what I said totally confusing, what I meant was, should we count him as an "in state" loss, when he didn't grow up in CT and UConn, but rather grew up watching UF

And I guess this whole convo is moot if he doesn't get an offer

My bad for being confusing

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
By the way UCFDan, five star kudos for this thread. Thanks to all the contributors as well.

Reaction Score
Dorian Miller - 4 star on Scout and ESPN and 3 star on Rivals

Says that we will be one of his official visits along with Rutgers, South Carolina, Tenn and Pitt and he loves DeLeone

Also, Noel Thomas talked to Bob Litcheadfjsdfels and stated that he is out actively recruiting guys to UConn, including Boyle and a 2014 LB Matt Morin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom