#20 UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Friday 10/13/23 @7p @Hart Center & Saturday 10/14/23 @7p @Toscano) Friday game on NESN+/ Saturday game on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#20 UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Friday 10/13/23 @7p @Hart Center & Saturday 10/14/23 @7p @Toscano) Friday game on NESN+/ Saturday game on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No postmortem from Cav?
No video.

He said special teams cost them the game, he mentioned being beat to the puck on those late face offs and they did not compete hard enough, power play is slow, taking stupid penalties, do not move the puck fast enough, “reckless” with the puck, “frustrated”.

He mentioned how Holy Cross had only one shot in the third period and it was the short handed goal.

Reaction Score
My god - is that the only time in the history of college or professional hockey where a team had one shot on goal in a third period - and it was a game winning shorthander?

At least we are making history.

Also I’ll insert the obligatory “Hey Sergeev, you faced one shot all period. Could you stop it?” Although I will say again tbe defenseman on that play handles it as badly as you can.

Reaction Score
Love them. Make those and the white Connecticut ones permanent.

Reaction Score
Anyone else try to reserve parking at South Garage with the he FlowBird app yet? The thing is a POS. Can select the correct zone but not able to schedule the times of the game. It just wants to start at current time and then move forward from there. You’d think if UConn was prepared they’d offer event parking on the app the sync with events for $15 but there is no such option. Frustrating to say the least.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Anyone else try to reserve parking at South Garage with the he FlowBird app yet? The thing is a POS. Can select the correct zone but not able to schedule the times of the game. It just wants to start at current time and then move forward from there. You’d think if UConn was prepared they’d offer event parking on the app the sync with events for $15 but there is no such option. Frustrating to say the least.
Same…parking will not be fun. If there is no option at game time the regular rate is only $2.00/hr. It goes to 1.50 /hr after 3 hrs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We’ll, if you watched last night’s game you wasted a couple of hours of your life you’ll never get back. No hustle, minimal effort…they got what they deserved.
I hope that tonight’s version of UConn hockey restores my faith in these guys. Let’s have some old school hustle to match the old school jerseys!

Reaction Score
I like the effort where they only allowed one shot in the third but the rest of it…..

Reaction Score
UConn men's soccer also has a home game tonight at 7pm, so that won't help the parking situation for either game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
View from my seats. Go Huskies!
IMG_7147.jpeg

Reaction Score
Good 1st period for UConn. Tough to find any open ice. Holy Cross really good at taking away time and space.

Reaction Score
UConn is just an average college hockey team.
Just like 90% of teams in college hockey. They don’t have a lot of offensively gifted players. They’re gonna need to grind out wins.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn men's soccer also has a home game tonight at 7pm, so that won't help the parking situation for either game.
No issues, but I got here about 5:30.

Reaction Score
Just like 90% of teams in college hockey. They don’t have a lot of offensively gifted players. They’re gonna need to grind out wins.
UConn did it to themselves. Their whole theme this season is a NCAA bid. They are not close to being an at large bid team.

Reaction Score
UConn did it to themselves. Their whole theme this season is a NCAA bid. They are not close to being an at large bid team.
It will be very difficult to get an at large bid out of Hockey East this year. I don’t see UConn being in the top 4 teams this year. I don’t get caught up in the NCAA tournament. To me the Hockey East tournament is more important.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
14 shots through 35 minutes against a team who humiliated you last night in the home opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom